What's new

Anything else to tour in India?

Same here actually.

I wonder if the Indians know what Shandong and Heilongjiang are?

Why are the Indians getting burned? What is wrong that your most well known landmark is of Muslim origin?

how did you reach to that conclusion?? or was that your real motto behind posting in this thread :sick:

Indian/Pakistani/Chinese members - lets keep it sane. Please treat the postings on its value and not based on who posted or which country member posted.

That is true. If you ask me about Chinese historical tourist places, I would say Xian Province(terrocotta warriors), Great wall of China and Forbidden city.

Those are the ones that outsiders know. (Xi'an is a city by the way, not a province).

Though personally I like places like Zhangjiajie and Guilin, which outsiders don't usually hear about.

The mountains of Zhangjiajie:

1270952921843.jpg

Real tourists just don't wake up in the morning and travel thousands of miles to India just to see Taj Mahal, they know exactly what they want to see and when and for how many days...Maharahtra and Tamilnadu grabbing the first and second position is enough to prove that foreign tourists that come to India do their home work pretty good..

Those are the ones that outsiders know. (Xi'an is a city by the way, not a province).

Though personally I like places like Zhangjiajie and Guilin, which outsiders don't usually hear about.

The mountains of Zhangjiajie:

1270952921843.jpg

I checked both the places in google images. Looks beautiful.

how did you reach to that conclusion?? or was that your real motto behind posting in this thread :sick:

Did you mean "motive"?

Is it my fault that India has mostly promoted places like the Taj Mahal to outsiders?

I still don't get the problem. The Taj Mahal is an Indian structure, who cares who it was built by?

Everytime when westerners speak of Indian tourism, only thing that comes out of their mouth is the Taj Mahal. Is their not any Hindu monument close to the excellent architecture of the Islamic Taj Mahal?

Keep in mind that I'm only talking about Hindu architecture!

So even though it is in India you are claiming ownership of the Taj Mahal just because it is Islamic? I've got news for you- there are more Muslims in India than Pakistan. And, no offence, but do you even know what you are talking about? You make out people in the West are completly ignorant and stupid, as someone who lives in the West let me tell you many (of course not all) are aware of much more in India such as Delhi and markets, Goa and beaches, Shimla and scenerio, Amritsar and Golden temple etc etc a 5 Google search will show any Westerner what "else" there is in India to see.

+ peolple don't come to India just for the Taj or temples you fool.

Did you mean "motive"?

Is it my fault that India has mostly promoted places like the Taj Mahal to outsiders?

I still don't get the problem. The Taj Mahal is an Indian structure, who cares who it was built by?

when did i or any indian say anything about who built it??? it is you who is continuously bringing that up...i am just providing facts of tourists data to prove otherwise..did you not have your morning coffee yet??

I think picture will help...
akshardham.jpg

Akshardham Temple
Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_331093.jpg

Lotus Temple
imgres

Meenakshi Temple (Madurai)
I am not posting the pic of Konark Sun temple.....because no single photo can capture its magnificence...better look for google images...

And besides monuments, temple etc you can try Ranthambore National Park...(Coming to India and not watching tiger!!!!)
3(161).jpg

...the forts in Rajasthan,
rajasthan-forts-and-palaces-tour-agra-red-fort.jpg

And many more.....

And if possible visit Kerala ...God's own country...
881389319_1d39143879.jpg
munnar-home-image.jpg

lotus_temple.jpg

Lotus temple,New delhi Not hindu though,cudnt resist posting.

pdnny.jpg

Jain temple,kolkata

SomnathTemple-nightView.jpg

Somnath Temple,gujrat

Back
Top Bottom