What's new

Anything else to tour in India?

I have seen very few american tourist in northeast india but there is huge influx of Europrean tourist especially Germans and British during the month of november till may they spent here no less 1month ...northeast india have very few historical monuments but its the best place for nature lovers.....they loved the place so much that they had nick named Shillong as the scotland of the east and Haflong as the switzerland of the east......One german loved the place so much that he spend all his money touring whole northeast untill he realised that he donot have any money to return home so he sold one of his professional cameras to my friend...

I have seen very few american tourist in northeast india but there is huge influx of Europrean tourist especially Germans and British during the month of november till may they spent here no less 1month ...northeast india have very few historical monuments but its the best place for nature lovers.....they loved the place so much that they had nick named Shillong as the scotland of the east and Haflong as the switzerland of the east......One german loved the place so much that he spend all his money touring whole northeast untill he realised that he donot have any money to return home so he sold one of his professional cameras to my friend...

Northeast is real heaven on earth...I wish to travel their once in my lifetime..

Seriously though, the average person in the world hasn't heard of any of these.

I bet you haven't heard of many of our tourist attractions either.

it was mainly due to the European idea of the Oriental at the time of colonialism. The Moghul architecture fitted better into their idea of India and the Moghuls were in power when the first colonialists landed in India. Another important factor is the fascinating story behind the Taj.

Everytime when westerners speak of Indian tourism, only thing that comes out of their mouth is the Taj Mahal. Is their not any Hindu monument close to the excellent architecture of the Islamic Taj Mahal?

Keep in mind that I'm only talking about Hindu architecture!

Outside Taj Mahal, India is just a vast desert.

I think they shouldn't ban this....just penalize these posters....good to know where to go for holidays, coz people like me really want info on one thread........plus it can be a platform for other sane members to learn about India....But I think its more idealistic thought.

Everytime when westerners speak of Indian tourism, only thing that comes out of their mouth is the Taj Mahal. Is their not any Hindu monument close to the excellent architecture of the Islamic Taj Mahal?

Keep in mind that I'm only talking about Hindu architecture!
Those who are interested to visit any country dont do reaseach themselves with information on their finger tips instead of going on hearsay.

Do you know the second most famous destination after Taj Mahal is Ranthambhore National Park....Even when Bill Clinton visited India he went there after visiting Taj Mahal.

For the people interested in visiting India, there is a good story about this park.
The tiger he saw is called as Bhabooram, I have also seen that tiger. Two forest guard went on foot to disturb that tiger's vicinity leading him to leave the place and that's how Clinton saw it.....

People didn't know that tigers can hunt in water until a documentary was made filming tiger hunting in a lake in this park.

lol mate that was a joke... i seriously wanted to know what hindu architecture there was india

AFAIK, there is no Hindu or Muslim or Sikh Architecture..its Mogul, Delhi Sultanate, Maurya, Pandya, Chola, Rajput,Colonial,Contempary etc types of Architecture in India.

AFAIK, there is no Hindu or Muslim or Sikh Architecture..its Mogul, Delhi Sultanate, Maurya, Pandya, Chola, Rajput,Colonial,Contempary etc types of Architecture in India.

All Mughal places have Islamic words and allah written :wave:

Btw who all have seen the real graves underground in taj??:cool:

Back
Top Bottom