What's new

Anyone do martial arts?

The Clarifier

Reaction score
Lets talk everyone :)

I have been taking Karate for a year now at my school but they only teach the basics and I am looking for a real gym to join (will check one out tomorrow).

Anyone do any martial arts? There are some others in my class that take either kickboxing or aikido.

if anyone is looking to join I highly recommend it. It is great for health, keeps you fit, it's fun, competitive and teaches self defense if you need it.

I have been taking Karate for a year now at my school but they only teach the basics and I am looking for a real gym to join (will check one out tomorrow).

Anyone do any martial arts? There are some others in my class that take either kickboxing or aikido.

if anyone is looking to join I highly recommend it. It is great for health, keeps you fit, it's fun, competitive and teaches self defense if you need it.

Big fan of MMA and UFC fights and developed interest in kickboxing.
And i freakin hate WWF clown shows =D

Big fan of MMA and UFC fights and developed interest in kickboxing.
And i freakin hate WWF clown shows =D

I prefer K1. Has all the action but with rules. The MMA UFC guys are complete nutheads.

I like Taekwondo, It's kick have the greatest impact, I was in green belt when I was 12 years, but then i didnt did any further =(

I prefer K1. Has all the action but with rules. The MMA UFC guys are complete nutheads.

LOL ya thats right.. but their should be no rules in a fight =p
This sport needs to be introduced in Pakistan and WWF needs to go.

I've been learning "Jeet Kune Do", for a long time now. :tup: It is the martial art created by Bruce Lee, and it literally means "The way of the intercepting fist".

It is basically a mix of old-style Southern Chinese "Wing Chun", combined with Thai kick boxing.

It's all about efficiency, and "economy of movement". Like its predecessor Wing Chun, it is mostly based around "Straight line attacks".

(For any Mandarin speakers here, the name Jeet Kune Do is pronounced as "Jie quan dao").

Last edited:
I've been learning "Jeet Kune Do", for a long time now. :tup: It is the martial art created by Bruce Lee, and it literally means "The way of the intercepting fist".

It is basically a mix of old-style Southern Chinese "Wing Chun", combined with Thai kick boxing.

It's all about efficiency, and "economy of movement". Like its predecessor Wing Chun, it is mostly based around "Straight line attacks".

(For any Mandarin speakers here, the name Jeet Kune Do is pronounced as "Jie quan dao").

NOT surprised bro! I hope you can help me out here. I have just started basic of basic kick boxing. I need to know how i can develop some skills.

What belt are you? if you don't mind me asking I did Karate also but I quit when i got to brown belt

u have watching too much jackie chan and bruce lee movies lately man :rofl::rofl:

NOT surprised bro! I hope you can help me out here. I have just started basic of basic kick boxing. I need to know how i can develop some skills.

It's not exactly the same as kick boxing, it is mixed with a lot of Traditional Chinese martial arts. You can read this if you're interested.

Jeet Kune Do - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not sure if this is taught much outside of Hong Kong, but it is quite popular here.

I'm not going to claim it's the "best style" :azn:, but I personally think it's a great method. It's very practical, there are no "fancy moves" like high kicks. All kicks are aimed at the lower part of the body, like the kneecaps and the stomach.

In Kung fu movies, they do a lot of high kicks, but that is not practical in real life, because you can end up losing your balance. Jeet Kune Do places a lot of emphasis on short, sharp attacks.

i am probably taking martial arts classes this month.

Last edited:
No rules in a fight?? Holy crap, your one violent guy :P

Well it depends on the person and the situation.

Martial arts is basically "self defense", and you can do whatever you want to defend yourself, if you feel that you need to.

For example, if you're walking through a rough area, and someone attacks you... you can do whatever you like to defend yourself. As long as you don't use excessive force, or continue hitting him after the threat has passed, then the law will be on your side.

Back
Top Bottom