What's new

Any questions Regarding India

Should we divide big states like UP?

Please do...Even Mayawati wanted it.

It was the importance of that India which was then and not now.

Now, India's geopolitical importance in my opinion is much weaker.

If geopolitical importance means the attention that Pakistan now gets..then Thank God we are not geo-politically non-important.

Name Bharat and India are historical, not coined artificially like the name of Pakistan(P for Punjab, A for Afghania).Mostly Bharat and India are used, Hindustan is also used to very lesser extent. Hind is rarely used. You can check varieties of the name of India in different world languages.

Google Translate

I don't need to google, I know what I know.

By no stretch of imagination, current India is a successor of the India or Hind or Hindustan that was.

The current India is a new country merely 65 years old and cannot claim the glory of what the old India was.

Contrarily, we the current Pakistanis, can claim to be the scions of Indus Valley Civilization as we currently also hold the cradle of IVC.

You can keep the dilli ki sarkar and remain happy.

If geopolitical importance means the attention that Pakistan now gets..then Thank God we are not geo-politically non-important.

No it doesn't mean that. It means much more and you know it.

If you don't want to digest it, the choice is yours.

By no stretch of imagination, current India is a successor of the India or Hind or Hindustan that was.

The current India is a new country merely 65 years old and cannot claim the glory of what the old India was.

Claiming India to be 65 years old is just like saying Pakistan came into existence in 1971.

Contrarily, we the current Pakistanis, can claim to be the scions of Indus Valley Civilization as we currently also hold the cradle of IVC.

So, IVC being in Pakistan can stop us claiming IVC or Uttar Pradesh being in India stopped Pakistanis claiming Urdu languages or Islamic culture from India. You have Muhajirs, we have Punjabis and Sindhis.

No it doesn't mean that. It means much more and you know it.

If you don't want to digest it, the choice is yours.

No I don't know..please enlighten me.

So Muhjairs can also claim to be scions of IVC?

yup more or less but point 6 i guess has been discussed with banglore and the Consensus is that evn though many hindu indians might not like the moghuls or their culture but the foreigners specially western love the moghuls & their history,arts & monuments hence it is a good way to promote it as tourism.

aalso point 3 ofcourse not! islam came with the edge of the sword hence the wars no raja just submitted and let moghuls rule. HOWEVER, once it arrived it became peaceful and people converted because of the simplicity and modesty and equality of the faith.

4. Tipu sultan did not engage in conversion of Hindus or killing them.

Eralppad, refused to cooperate with Tipu Sultan in his military operations against Travancore because of Tipu's crude methods of forcible circumcision and conversion of Hindus to Islam, the enraged Tipu Sultan took a solemn oath to circumcise and convert the Zamorin and his chieftains and Hindu soldiers to Islamic faith,"

Tipu Sultan tried to honour the entire population with Islam." To the Malabar people, the Muslim harem, Muslim polygamy and the Islamic ritual of circumcision were equally repulsive and opposed to the ancient culture and tradition in Kerala. Tipu Sultan sought a marriage alliance with the matriarchal Muslim family of Arackal Bibi in Cannanore. Kozhikode was then a centre of Brahmins and had over 7000 Brahmin families living there. Over 2000 Brahmin families perished as a result of Tipu Sultan's Islamic cruelties. He did not spare even women and children. Most of the men escaped to forests and foreign lands.

RELIGIOUS INTOLERANCE OF TIPU SULTAN

The letter of January 19, 1790, sent to Budruz Zuman Khan by Tipu himself says: "Don"t you know I have achieved a great victory recently in Malabar and over four lakh Hindus were converted to Islam? I am determined to march against that cursed "Raman Nair" very soon (reference is to Rama Varma Raja of Travancore). Since I am overjoyed at the prospect of converting him and his subjects to Islam, I have happily abandoned the idea of going back to Srirangapatanam now". Previously, in the letter dated March 22, 1788, to Abdul Kadir: "Over 12,000 Hindus were "honoured" with Islam. There were many Namboodiris (Brahmins) among them. This achievement should be widely publicised among the Hindus. There the local Hindus should be brought before you and then converted to Islam. No Namboodiri (Brahmin) should be spared." In the letter dated January 18, 1790, to Syed Abdul Dulai: "With the grace of Prophet Muhammed and Allah, almost all Hindus in Calicut are converted to Islam. Only a few are still not converted on the borders of Cochin State. I am determined to convert them also very soon. I consider this as Jehad to achieve that object."(3)

The cruelties which Tipu Sultan committed in Coorg, has no parallel in history. On one occasion, he forcibly converted over ten thousand Hindus to Muhammadanism. On another occasion, he captured and converted to Islam more than one thousand Hindu Coorgis before imprisoning them in the Sreerangapatanam fortress

Claiming India to be 65 years old is just like saying Pakistan came into existence in 1971.

So, IVC being in Pakistan can stop us claiming IVC or Uttar Pradesh being in India stopped Pakistanis claiming Urdu languages or Islamic culture from India. You have Muhajirs, we have Punjabis and Sindhis.

India and Pakistan both got their independence together in Aug 1947 from the British. Before the British the Muslims were the rulers and before them, in the contemporary history, South Asia or sub-continent just had numerous independence principalities and no India.

It is funny how unseemly your delusions are at times.

5. mughuls did not take land or riches from Hindus and give them to Muslims.

Timur himself recorded the invasions in his memoirs, collectively known as Tuzk-i-Timuri.[22] In them, he vividly described the massacre at Delhi:
In a short space of time all the people in the [Delhi] fort were put to the sword, and in the course of one hour the heads of 10,000 infidels were cut off. The sword of Islam was washed in the blood of the infidels, and all the goods and effects, the treasure and the grain which for many a long year had been stored in the fort became the spoil of my soldiers. They set fire to the houses and reduced them to ashes, and they razed the buildings and the fort to the ground....All these infidel Hindus were slain, their women and children, and their property and goods became the spoil of the victors. I proclaimed throughout the camp that every man who had infidel prisoners should put them to death, and whoever neglected to do so should himself be executed and his property given to the informer. When this order became known to the ghazis of Islam, they drew their swords and put their prisoners to death.

Firuz Shah Tughluq was the third ruler of the Tughlaq dynasty of the Delhi Sultanate. The "Tarikh-i-Firuz Shah" is a historical record written during his reign that attests to the systematic persecution of Hindus under his rule.[27] In particular, it records atrocities committed against Hindu Brahmin priests who refused to convert to Islam:
An order was accordingly given to the Brahman and was brought before Sultan. The true faith was declared to the Brahman and the right course pointed out. but he refused to accept it. A pile was risen on which the Kaffir with his hands and legs tied was thrown into and the wooden tablet on the top. The pile was lit at two places his head and his feet. The fire first reached him in the feet and drew from him a cry and then fire completely enveloped him. Behold Sultan for his strict adherence to law and rectitude

During Aurangzeb's reign, tens of thousands of temples were desecrated: their facades and interiors were defaced and their murtis (divine images) looted.[28] In many cases, temples were destroyed entirely; in numerous instances mosques were built on their foundations, sometimes using the same stones. Among the temples Aurangzeb destroyed were two that are most sacred to Hindus, in Varanasi and Mathura.[29] In both cases, he had large mosques built on the sites.

Tippu's "religious fanaticism and the excesses committed in the name of religion, both in Mysore and in the provinces, stand condemned for all time. His bigotry, indeed, was so great that it precluded all ideas of toleration". He further asserts that the acts of Tippu that were constructive towards Hindus were largely political and ostentatious rather than an indication of genuine tolerance, Hindu groups revile Tipu Sultan as a bigot who massacred Hindus.

The Hindu minority in Kashmir has also been historically persecuted by Muslim rulers.[43] While Hindus and Muslims lived in harmony for certain periods of time, several Muslim rulers of Kashmir were intolerant of other religions. Sultãn Sikandar Butshikan of Kashmir (AD 1389-1413) is often considered the worst of these. Historians have recorded many of his atrocities. The Tarikh-i-Firishta records that Sikandar persecuted the Hindus and issued orders proscribing the residency of any other than Muslims in Kashmir. He also ordered the breaking of all "golden and silver images". The Tarikh-i-Firishta further states: "Many of the Brahmins, rather than abandon their religion or their country, poisoned themselves; some emigrated from their native homes, while a few escaped the evil of banishment by becoming Mahomedans. After the emigration of the Bramins, Sikundur ordered all the temples in Kashmeer to be thrown down. Having broken all the images in Kashmeer, (Sikandar) acquired the title of ‘Destroyer of Idols’".[43] The 2000 Amarnath pilgrimage massacre was another incident where 30 Hindu pilgrims were killed on route to Amarnath temple.[44] Even now these continue by majority Muslim community there on indigenous Hindus

:)

Sir,

Who wrote this history.

Timur himself recorded the invasions in his memoirs, collectively known as Tuzk-i-Timuri.

The "Tarikh-i-Firuz Shah" is a historical record written during his reign that attests to the systematic persecution of Hindus under his rule.

The Tarikh-i-Firishta records

There is ample evidence, available in many authentic records of his military operations in Kerala, to show that Tipu Sultan of Mysore was a fanatic Muslim tyrant who was responsible for the destruction of hundreds of Hindu temples, large-scale forcible conversion of the Hindus, and perpetration of unimaginable brutalities on the Hindu population in Kerala. All the available records such as Malabar Manual of William Logan, Historical Sketches of Col. Wilks, Voyage to East Indies of Fra Bartolomaeo, histories of Kerala written by K.P. Padmanabha Menon and Sardar K.M. Panicker, historical research papers of Elamkulam Kunjan Pillai, official reports of the English Company, and the records of Chirackal, Zamorin and Palghat royal families besides those from Trichur, Guruvayoor, Thirunavaya and Perumanam temples, clearly and conclusively depict Tipu Sultan as the most intolerant cruel, and fanatic Muslim ruler in the South. His main object, like his father Hyder Ali Khan's, was to subjugate the whole of Kerala and convert its Hindu population to Islamic faith by force. Tipu Sultan's notorious jihâd - Islamic war-slogan - was SWORD (death) or CAP (Islamic honour, i.e. forcible conversion), a cruel option for a hapless Hindu population. For this, his most dependable and obedient accomplices were his equally cruel and treacherous co-religionists - the Mappilas (local Muslim converts) of North Malabar.

India and Pakistan both got their independence together in Aug 1947 from the British. Before the British the Muslims were the rulers and before them, in the contemporary history, South Asia or sub-continent just had numerous independence principalities and no India.

It is funny how unseemly your delusions are at times.

Nothing is delusion, Bharat, India or Hind all are ancient names.

Timur himself recorded the invasions in his memoirs, collectively known as Tuzk-i-Timuri.

The "Tarikh-i-Firuz Shah" is a historical record written during his reign that attests to the systematic persecution of Hindus under his rule.

The Tarikh-i-Firishta records

Thank you. But it will still be prudent that you properly reference what you quote. You are still not doing it.

Back
Top Bottom