What's new

Any questions Regarding India

Err..l was referring to specifics, by acknowledged religious figures (not that I personally think highly of religious figures).

You need quotable quotes, sound-bytes?
Religious figures? No.
From the books which preeches hinduism, like Quran and Hadis, I Guess you do have Vedas,Upanishads,Bhagavad Geetas.

My understanding is, Arent these are legit books of Hinduism supposed to teach how to live? How to worship?

Religious figures? No.
From the books which preeches hinduism, like Quran and Hadis, I Guess you do have Vedas,Upanishads,Bhagavad Geetas.

My understanding is, Arent these are legit books of Hinduism supposed to teach how to live? How to worship?

I mean, You can quote those religous fugures as long as they quote the books. Nt their own.

Problem is people do whatever they want and say this without giving a quote from where this idea.
Every one is thinking about his own way and claim it as hinduism.
Can i rob or kill some one and say hinduism allows it?

No you can't. You are free to support your statement with a quote. But yes, Hinduism does not have crazy Mullahs issuing Fatwas against lipstick or technology like body scanners and keeping the community behind. If you believe you are a practicing Hindu, you are a Hindu.

Since we are speaking bluntly, I believe Islam specifically has this insecurity about its religion that it has to threaten people to follow it, with rules like death for leaving the religion and not specifically allowing the women to marry outside their faith (men of course are "technically not allowed", but no one cares if they do). You will have mullahs strictly enforcing these laws. Its almost like there is a sense of insecurity in the religion, scared that its followers are not true followers of the religion so it needs an 'enforcer' of the Quran around. There is no such thing in Hinduism.

Religious figures? No.

Certainly, they do. And they all acknowledge that there is more to religious learning than reading books. They all insist on the importance of a preceptor, a guru. A guru ultimately analyses what is in religious texts, and relates it to a pupil's context, his experience.

Certainly, they do. And they all acknowledge that there is more to religious learning than reading books. They all insist on the importance of a preceptor, a guru. A guru ultimately analyses what is in religious texts, and relates it to a pupil's context, his experience.

This is the case of all the religion. Not every one can read (i ment uderstand) the context of the books. But expecting the proofs from gurus are not wrong.

Is British colonialism taught in India's British school system? to what extent?

It spans from a period starting from the visit of Sir Thomas Roe to Mughal Emperor Jahangir's court in 1612 upto the Indian independence in 1947.I may be a little wrong with the start date though,as I am not sure.
Initially they came as traders(East India Company) and gradually they took control of the entire subcontinent.Its a vast history that is being taught in Indian schools.Do you have any more specific question ?

Religious figures? No.

I mean, You can quote those religous fugures as long as they quote the books. Nt their own.

To understand the concept of God from reading books like Upanishada is impossible. You need a scholar for help which is not very much available these days.

No you can't. You are free to support your statement with a quote. But yes, Hinduism does not have crazy Mullahs issuing Fatwas against lipstick or technology like body scanners and keeping the community behind. If you believe you are a practicing Hindu, you are a Hindu.

Since we are speaking bluntly, I believe Islam specifically has this insecurity about its religion that it has to threaten people to follow it, with rules like death for leaving the religion and not specifically allowing the women to marry outside their faith (men of course are "technically not allowed", but no one cares if they do). You will have mullahs strictly enforcing these laws. Its almost like there is a sense of insecurity in the religion, scared that its followers are not true followers of the religion so it needs an 'enforcer' of the Quran around. There is no such thing in Hinduism.

I dont care what you say, I need this statement from "Hinduism" itself. If that said this so, then i completly agree hinduism is like this. If blame on it, i dont need to agree

To understand the concept of God from reading books is impossible. You need a scholar for help which is not very much available these days.

Only reason this case has happened because,
You stopped studying you religion
You stopped gurukul
You started taking religion very lightly.

Isnt it?

Only reason this case has happened because,
You stopped studying you religion
You stopped gurukul
You started taking religion very lightly.

Isnt it?

No, this degradation started much much before. When words got twisted meanings became different (on a deliberate way) and this beautiful philosophy slowly went into oblivion.

Doublemaster we take religion more seriously than in the past. Gurukuls were schools not religious indoctrination factories. Do not judge us by your own insecurities and your own need to force.

Doublemaster b. Gurukuls were schools not religious indoctrination factories. Do not judge us by your own insecurities and your own need to force.
Yes, schools which though every thing from religion correct me if i am wrong.

Insecurities? Many people use this word when they talk about islam. I really dont know what you guys are talking about? Insecurity in what sense?
You thnk muslims think islam will vanish so muslims teach them Quran?
We know that to claim my self muslim i need to practise islam. "Force"? We like "Forcing" these teachings to implement in our life because we want to remain in boundary of islam instead of going out of islam. We know the commensense that if i dont do like what islam says i can not say muslim.

If i say i am a communist not following even a bit of what it says makes me communist?

No, this degradation started much much before. When words got twisted meanings became different (on a deliberate way) and this beautiful philosophy slowly went into oblivion.

This is one of the reason. Many edited their books and added what they need. This made so difficult to understand what is original and what is edited. Am i right?

This is one of the reason. Many edited their books and added what they need. This made so difficult to understand what is original and what is edited. Am i right?

yes, the great Sayanacharya,who narrated the vedas made hilarious mistakes. But we were fortunate to have Dayananda Saraswati, whose interpretations are like gems.

yes, the great Sayanacharya,who narrated the vedas made hilarious mistakes. But we were fortunate to have Dayananda Saraswati, whose interpretations are like gems.

I dont much about Dayananda Saraswati i will read about his teachings, But shankaracharya i heard some jains also critisizing.

Now tell me how difficult it is to bring the glory or past? Why every one wants muslims also do the same mistake?
Why they are forcing us to follow what they think?

Quran says itself that, it will remain same forever. Islam also claims that any one who purposely miss interprets Quran or Islam is canot be muslim. More importantly muslims hav a very strong faith that it is really from god who knows what is best and what not for every time.

I dont much about Dayananda Saraswati i will read about his teachings, But shankaracharya i heard some jains also critisizing.

Now tell me how difficult it is to bring the glory or past? Why every one wants muslims also do the same mistake?
Why they are forcing us to follow what they think?

Quran says itself that, it will remain same forever. Islam also claims that any one who purposely miss interprets Quran or Islam is canot be muslim. More importantly muslims hav a very strong faith that it is really from god who knows what is best and what not for every time.

I am talking about Sayanacharya, not Adi Shankara/Shankaracharya. I am afraid religion is a banned topic here, so cant dive to too much depth.
PS: I do not have much knowledge about quran but I am immensely thankful to Raja pakistani, who few months back was explaining the concept of allah which was amazingly similar what i read about Bramha in Upanishada.

I am talking about Sayanacharya, not Adi Shankara/Shankaracharya. I am afraid religion is a banned topic here, so cant dive to too much depth.
PS: I do not have much knowledge about quran but I am immensely thankful to Raja pakistani, who few months back was explaining the concept of allah which was amazingly similar what i read about Bramha in Upanishada.

It is banned topic, But every thread ends up this way.
can u pls post the link which u discussed with him?
Glad to meet person who has knowledge about vedic books.

Back
Top Bottom