What's new

Any questions Regarding India

why our society has still not evolved, that few communities do not hesitate in showing violent actions against other communities over little issues ?

Next Question?

If Jinnah and Nehru came back from the dead and wanted to be India's prime minister, who would Indians vote today out of the two?
Nehru would be the choice. I guess pak will choose jinnah

Thanks, you have found a stable way to transfer government power, in China, the party found one also.
There will be always uneven there, in USA, east and west part are more advanced, the states in the middle US is a bit behind. In China also like this, but the central government takes 70% of government income while the local government get 30%, the central government is investing more money in poor province.

How about the first industry-Agriculture ? In 2000, the Chinese government claims there is no hunger in China, there are still some but in general, China produces enough food. How the agriculture is running in India ? Due to the high population, I understand the problems of hungers.
In China, all the land is owned by the Govt and many lands are ensured to do farm, if I am a farmer, I can get some refund from the Govt.

We need to ensure a second round of land reforms. Every state did this, but some did it better than others. What we did in Bengal was best, and it would be useful to implement this system thoroughly in other states.

We need to get better irrigation. The bulk of our farming depends on the rain and natural irrigation. We need to ensure that with zero rainfall, we can farm our lands and get harvests of good crops.

We need to decrease pesticide use drastically. We are poisoning ourselves to make western companies rich.

We need more good research for better quality seeds, for better growth and better harvests.

But most of all, we need to improve our storage, distribution and processing of produce. It is many times better than the earlier times, but not good enough. It is critical to stop wastage of food due to spoilage, and bad handling; with the amount spoilt each year, we can make sure that nobody goes hungry. That also means a good public distribution system, and a system for ensuring poor people have enough money to pay for the food they get through the public distribution system. And processing grain and produce will unleash a multi-billion dollar industry.

There is huge scope for improvement. It will happen once government stops fighting itself.

Back
Top Bottom