What's new

Any motorcycle riders out here? Want to post photos of your rides?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bike,

22863_0_1_2_wind%20125_Submitted%20by%20anonymous%20user..jpg

Did ride a lot, gave me back pain...will buy bullet when going back to India.

My first bike a Hero Cycle, my parents bought it when i was in my 7th standard a pure red colour. God i loved it. I was always riding sideways and all crazy stuff. In Degree got my Bajaj scooter which was a joy ride for like 6 years and then Pulsar 150cc happened.
I love it and i am having the second one right now. The pulsar has given some heart stopping and some joyous moments for sure.

A question to all those guys showing above 500cc bikes like the harley davidson kind of models, how does it feel driving such power ??
A bit scary at first. Buells are HD engines equipped and Erik Buell tuned them to produced as much low end torque as the HD V-twin can produce. I accidentally popped quite a few little wheelies before I got used to that much low end power. But once you are used to them, it is very nice to know you have that much reserve to get out of traffic or to have fun. Once I got used to my S-1, I swore I will never go below 1000 cc if I can help it.

Sorry to the in-line engine 'bullet bike' crowd, there is nothing to beat the 'macho' sound of a V-twin and the sheer visual appeal of the same engine bare open in a cruiser. The Japanese got a clue from the American and Italian makers and built all those good looking cruisers. Naked bikes are the way to go and attract the ladies.

Ride naked...!!!

But for any man who yearns to have those feelings again, plus the benefit of being more attractive to members of the opposite sex, a motorcycle, not a scooter, is the way to go.

As for women, they love straddling things, why do you think they love horses and powerful motorcycles? :azn: Real men know how to drive manual shifts and ride motorcycles.

Thats not true, Vespa riding metro guys probably pull more( and better) chicks than say Harley riding guy.

And yes stick shifts ftw.

Thats not true, Vespa riding metro guys probably pull more( and better) chicks than say Harley riding guy.

And yes stick shifts ftw.
I grew up riding them Vespas and the Honda version in VN. I would commit seppuku before I set butt on a Vespa again. Or may be just for nostalgic reason. But no thanks. Stationed in England, I know plenty of guys who shipped their HDs over from their previous bases in the States. They always get the looks and the girls over the Brits who rode the scooters or the low cc bikes with the big 'L' signs.

buell_x1_blk.jpg

This is what a Buell X-1 look like. Mine was cleaned up to remove that ugly license plate holder and installed a cleaner version. A thief stole it from my apartment parking lot in broad daylight when I was asleep from working the night shift. The SOB was brazen about it. According to the apartment maintenance manager, he was making his daily round when he saw the thief hoisting my bike onto a trailer. The manager asked the guy what he was doing and the thief told him that he was my friend taking my bike to the shop for me. The manager let him continue but went and woke me. By the time we got down the parking lot, the thief was gone. The manager did get the truck's license plate number but it turned out to be a stolen plate.

Where I live, there were only ten Buell owners so we all know each other's bikes. The word was out that mine was stolen. One week after the theft, the mechanic who works at the local HD/Buell dealer and the resident Buell expert spotted the thief riding my bike around town. The thief had removed some external body trappings and painted a horrible green over that beautiful brush aluminum tail but my friend had no trouble knowing it was my bike. He called the cops and followed the thief to a house on the other side of town.

The cops showed up and the thief did not get off the bike but instead ran. The cops chased him through several intersections and on the last intersection, the thief went airborne and crashed. Despite a broken leg and serious road rash he crawled under a truck and refused to come out. The cops called a K-9 unit and the dog bit his a$z out from under the truck. My friend the Buell mechanic X-rayed the bike and found a slight crack in the neck area so the insurance company 'total-ed' the bike. I later found it on e-bay and later sold with a 'salvaged' title.

My Bikes
1. Rajdoot : 175 cc : While south India was riding on Yezdi and Bullet, Rajdoot was most piopular in north India. this was the bike My father bought in 80's. I took my first lesson on Rajdoot, though i didn't ride it much.

Rajdoot-Standard.jpg

2. Suzuki AX100R: After Iran-Iraq war petro price shoot up, that was the time when 100cc bikes were launched. Yamaha RX, Hero honda CD100, MAX/TVS suzuki and Kawasaki bajaj100 were launched simultaneously. Hero honda was not available due to high demands, My father bought TVS Suzuki AX100.

GarageSale_1257692006_5195.jpg

3. TVS Suzuki Supra: This was a high torque model. It was 110cc engine bike with low economy and high power. I was in class 9th that time, My father wanted a 2 wheeler to complement his 4 wheeler. This was the bike I learn to ride with. I used to do many stunt. I was hero among my classmates... :)

20252d1264785302-tvs-suzuki-supra-manual-available-scan0001.jpg

4. LML Freedom 110cc:
Wheni joined Engineering I wanted a robust bike, and trust me this was the bike. Low maintanance and good mileage with adaquate power.

LML-Freedom-bike-image.jpg

5. I joined company and wanted to ride cruise bikes, that time only 2 options were available 1. Royal enfield 350 Thunderbird 2. Kawasaki eliminator 180cc. I opted kawasaki bajaj coz it was real cruiser.

bajaj-avenger.jpg

6. I was in USA, one of my collegue was as passionate as me, He had HD V rod. It was summer in illionis , Best time for Biking, I rode his bike. We made many small trips in Illinois. It was real fun. April to july.

seo_vrvrscf_def_dom.jpg

7. I came back to India, I was shattered and disappointed. I had not enough money (17-20 lakhs INR) to buy HD Vrod. I searched for cheaper option, I sold my cruiser and Bought this machine...

Royal Enfield Machismo 500 cc..

machismo-500-2.jpg

Whats your insurance like? I am with State Farm, ~20 bucks a month - full coverage!

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Awesome!

Ever drive a tractor? Now imagine that machine between your feet, with two wheels doing 70-90mph on open roads!

I rode all sorts of bikes in India, but the first time I rode this 600cc beast, I was blown away! Literally!

I didn't drive but sure have rode on it (tractor) and understand what you are trying to say. IT must be awesome.

You know the fastest i went was 98kmph on my pulsar. I used to drive very fast then and this was on a highway to Guntur.

Now it seems that i am nowhere in you guy's league. I think u would laugh at 98kmph :D

A bit scary at first. Buells are HD engines equipped and Erik Buell tuned them to produced as much low end torque as the HD V-twin can produce. I accidentally popped quite a few little wheelies before I got used to that much low end power. But once you are used to them, it is very nice to know you have that much reserve to get out of traffic or to have fun. Once I got used to my S-1, I swore I will never go below 1000 cc if I can help it.

Sorry to the in-line engine 'bullet bike' crowd, there is nothing to beat the 'macho' sound of a V-twin and the sheer visual appeal of the same engine bare open in a cruiser. The Japanese got a clue from the American and Italian makers and built all those good looking cruisers. Naked bikes are the way to go and attract the ladies.

Ride naked...!!!

Yeah i have heard that roar of those powerful engines in some youtube videos and one or two hollywood movies. Sorry i am not that knowledged about engines so no idea what u say about Buells and HD engines, but i can understand they are really powerful. Here in India most middle class people look for extra mileage, u look for power till you are not married :P then its more of economy.

You know you guys are lucky to have such good roads there, here it is like hell more pots in roads than no of roads together. But still dear own country. Our highways are good though. I would love to ride these cruisers (never knew these were called so, i always called them 'harley davidson type') someday.

Yeah i have heard that roar of those powerful engines in some youtube videos and one or two hollywood movies. Sorry i am not that knowledged about engines so no idea what u say about Buells and HD engines, but i can understand they are really powerful. Here in India most middle class people look for extra mileage, u look for power till you are not married :P then its more of economy.

You know you guys are lucky to have such good roads there, here it is like hell more pots in roads than no of roads together. But still dear own country. Our highways are good though. I would love to ride these cruisers (never knew these were called so, i always called them 'harley davidson type') someday.
A 'cruiser' has a more 'laid back' riding style with your feet more in front. A 'bullet bike' is more the Japanese all covered up style where you ride with a more 'forward' position and your feet behind you. A 'standard' is between where your position is more upright and your feet more-or-less below you. Buells are 'standard'. The Ducati Monster series are 'standard' and buddy them 'Dukes' or 'Ducks' are mighty nice rides. Chicks loves them too for both looks and the Italian label.

I grew up riding them Vespas and the Honda version in VN. I would commit seppuku before I set butt on a Vespa again. Or may be just for nostalgic reason. But no thanks. Stationed in England, I know plenty of guys who shipped their HDs over from their previous bases in the States. They always get the looks and the girls over the Brits who rode the scooters or the low cc bikes with the big 'L' signs.

buell_x1_blk.jpg

This is what a Buell X-1 look like. Mine was cleaned up to remove that ugly license plate holder and installed a cleaner version. A thief stole it from my apartment parking lot in broad daylight when I was asleep from working the night shift. The SOB was brazen about it. According to the apartment maintenance manager, he was making his daily round when he saw the thief hoisting my bike onto a trailer. The manager asked the guy what he was doing and the thief told him that he was my friend taking my bike to the shop for me. The manager let him continue but went and woke me. By the time we got down the parking lot, the thief was gone. The manager did get the truck's license plate number but it turned out to be a stolen plate.

Where I live, there were only ten Buell owners so we all know each other's bikes. The word was out that mine was stolen. One week after the theft, the mechanic who works at the local HD/Buell dealer and the resident Buell expert spotted the thief riding my bike around town. The thief had removed some external body trappings and painted a horrible green over that beautiful brush aluminum tail but my friend had no trouble knowing it was my bike. He called the cops and followed the thief to a house on the other side of town.

The cops showed up and the thief did not get off the bike but instead ran. The cops chased him through several intersections and on the last intersection, the thief went airborne and crashed. Despite a broken leg and serious road rash he crawled under a truck and refused to come out. The cops called a K-9 unit and the dog bit his a$z out from under the truck. My friend the Buell mechanic X-rayed the bike and found a slight crack in the neck area so the insurance company 'total-ed' the bike. I later found it on e-bay and later sold with a 'salvaged' title.

I am no Vespa lover either, but they are good as runabouts if you live in the city I guess.
Its the in thing for the metros and inner city hippies here in Sydney.

And yes naked bikes is what I like too.:smitten: I would buy one tomorrow, if someone could convince my mother that am not going to die the moment I get on a bike:lol:

I like these two
Ducati_Diavel_03.jpg

09iron883.jpg

I have never seen Buells in Australia, but they look pretty epic.

Hi

My first two wheeler---a bicycle---"HUMBER"-------first motorcycle-----Honda 175cc in pakistan----then here in u s----a BMW R1200C-------.

The picture is on my facebook account---I don't know how to download here.

click on "Download" -- somewhere on lower right hand side of your screen

Bimmer R1200 -- heard they are great bikes but some reliability issues; when they put on age they become oil-burners.

nice bike though

I love motorcycles, always have and always will..

Back in India I owned 4 of them
Kawasaki Caliber got as my 16th bday gift from my dad
1968 BSA Bonneyville that me and my dad rebuild in 2000
Yamaha RD 350B High torque with cut Exhaust and Kiehin carbs
Bullet Electra 350 - My first bike from my own paychecks

Here in US I have the one below... Cant wait to get the Star Raider, probably another year for that

My Ride .. Yamaha Vstar Classic with High performance carbs and Vance and Hines aftermarket exhaust(not in the pics).

1111.jpg

22222.jpg

Don't care about all these fancy bikes, but I absolutely loved my cdi 70. I traveled with my friend to Swat from Bahawalpur on it, and it was reliable, and the memories I have with it were too awesome.

I think you have a thread here with photos of that ride, isn't it?

Your photos are fabulous, bro! You are proof that you only need the will, not any special bike to ride like that!!!

---------- Post added at 04:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 AM ----------

was at sadhu vasvani square . used to be two pumps next to each other . the bike guy used to be in a lane behind a place called shalimar lodge.
how much do they want for a bullet now a days?

Just look at olx.in. Your jaw will drop:-)

I think you have a thread here with photos of that ride, isn't it?

Your photos are fabulous, bro! You are proof that you only need the will, not any special bike to ride like that!!!

---------- Post added at 04:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 AM ----------

Just look at olx.in. Your jaw will drop:-)

don't buy from the net . go to the dealers . don't were good clothes and preferable go in sandles. then bargain your *** of . we should catch up next time i am in pune .

I am Bike rider. Owned Apache RTR 160CC. Did alot of long trips on bike. As I live near Kolkata, I did Mayapur, Bakkhali, Puri, Digha all over bike with friends or my wife.

This is a snapshot when I was in Nandan Kanan on way to Puri. My wife take this snapshot from mobile.
3272021.jpg

I love doing long trips on bike. My dream destination is going Laddakh on Bike. Till now Kolkata >>> Puri is the longest for me :)

This is Map :)

Kolkata, West Bengal, India to Puri, Orissa, India - Google Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom