What's new

Any motorcycle riders out here? Want to post photos of your rides?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Doe

BANNED
Reaction score
I grew up in Pune, India and now I am back home. This is the 2 wheeler capital of India ( Bangaloreans might think otherwise). I don't know one person who did not ride a bicycle to school and a scooter/motorbike to college. Not even one. Sometimes I meet folks from Mumbai, and they say they have never ridden a bike and I just feel shocked:-)

In 11th std, my dad got me a green Bajaj M-80

http://www.cybersteering.com/pulmain/events/ae2000/showstuff/sspics/b_m80.jpg

In 12th , I somehow conned him into buying me a silver Yamaha RX-100:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/bb/RX100_Side_View.jpg/800px-RX100_Side_View.jpg

In 2005 I managed to save enough to buy myself not one but 2 Enfield Bullets! Here is a photo of both of them together, the 1984 and the shinier 1984 models :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Another one, this time with my father-in-law on the 1981 bullet.

Sold them the next year when I left India.

Now that I am back in Pune, the first thing I did was look for a 2nd hand Enfield. Reason for buying second hand, this time too? You can buy a ROlls Royce or a Bentley and get delivery in 1 month. But an Enfield? Can you believe: 11 months in Pune?!?!?!

Ended up buying a 2003 Enfield Lightning 535 :-) Here is a photo. I don't why I am dressed like a 70's disco dancer:hitwall:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cool thread, I wish people would post their rides. I don't have a bike.

285010_10150247521105863_509555862_7986701_7408497_n.jpg

Have never driven a bike in my entire life i prefer to take the back seat when on a two wheller

hey i spent a few years of my life in pune . still remember how the best racing bike mechanic was behind ambika petrol pump . sadly he is not there any more nor is the pump. i remember going to rides to katraj and even to mabhileshwar. god those were the days .

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 AM ----------

you know the second hand bike market is just down the road from the zila parishad . i picked up a bullet 350 1983 for 16k there.

[/COLOR]you know the second hand bike market is just down the road from the zila parishad . i picked up a bullet 350 1983 for 16k there.

Thats sounds like a great deal now!! Can you believe what rates people are asking for used Bullets!

Where was Ambika petrol pump?

How many here remember their first bicycle and the feelings of freedom, of control, of fear, and of pride you got when you were young enough to learn how to ride and finally to be on your own? My ride is a Buell S-1. I had a Buell X-1 but it got stolen and wrecked and that is another story. But for any man who yearns to have those feelings again, plus the benefit of being more attractive to members of the opposite sex, a motorcycle, not a scooter, is the way to go. Instead of human power, you now have mechanical power more potent than your body could produce to propel you to fearful speed. Regardless of how much leather you don, your contact to the environment is much more than the shell a car can give. Ride long enough and you will know the sting of raindrops on bare skin. A motorcycle is the perfect balance between man and machine.

As for women, they love straddling things, why do you think they love horses and powerful motorcycles? :azn: Real men know how to drive manual shifts and ride motorcycles.

I'm a biker for many years. My First Motorcycle was Cult Classic Yamaha RX100(1994 make- one of the last batches of production) which I got in 1998(iirc)..
owned a handful of bikes.
for Indians: My 2nd Motorcycle was 1981 Bullet Std, then Suzuki Fiero(new),Hero Honda cd100,Pulsar180,2004 Bullet Electra(till 2009).. from the past 2 years, owns a TVS Apache 180..
My Most Loved Motorcycle is Royal Enfield Bullet..followed by Yamaha RX100(I've tasted RD350 briefly..but it's one tough horse to control).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom