What's new

Any guesses what Imran Khan will announce on Nov. 30

Keeping political climate stable is not only in IK or Qadri's hand. Taali donon haathon se bachti hai. If government was REALLY interested in political stability, how come they didn't address any of the issues both anarchists and terrorists were raising for months before the dharna started? :D

Perhaps they did not consider it important and wanted to deny merit in the issue. Regardless of who is right or wrong.. the question still remains.. what now?

Because if one was to count the points table, the ultimate winner is the establishment.. second comes the government.. and the protesters are essentially left with rotten cabbage as their consolation prize

Perhaps they did not consider it important and wanted to deny merit in the issue.
Merit? PTI emerged as the second biggest party in Pakistan by election 2013. What more merit do you need to address rigging and disparity accusations in elections? Remember in 1977, Martial Law was imposed when Bhutto refused to address similar accusations for months. This time NS was lucky!

Because if one was to count the points table, the ultimate winner is the establishment.. second comes the government.. and the protesters are essentially left with rotten cabbage as their consolation prize
Not true. Its not establishment's job to fix corrupt election system in Pakistan. If it was, Zia or Musharraf could have fixed it.

Merit? PTI emerged as the second biggest party in Pakistan by election 2013. What more merit do you need to address rigging and disparity accusations in elections? Remember in 1977, Martial Law was imposed when Bhutto refused to address similar accusations for months. This time NS was lucky!

Not true. Its not establishment's job to fix corrupt election system in Pakistan. If it was, Zia or Musharraf could have fixed it.

As I said before.. it is the governments view that I reflect. You may get emotional over it and shoot tangents, but the idea is that the government of Pakistan which is currently run by the PML(N) does not consider the matter of rigging on merit. I do not represent them so I cannot speak on the matter from their prespective.

Actually, the establishment has nothing to do in terms of existing at all. If there never was the issue of an establishment forming under Ayub Khan.. it is likely that we would have seen a better system in Pakistan by today where largely free and fair elections would be held.

but the idea is that the government of Pakistan which is currently run by the PML(N) does not consider the matter of rigging on merit.
Well that's because they always come in power through rigging. If free and fair elections were conducted under military regime like that happened once in 1970, PMLN and PPP would whitewash!

If there never was the issue of an establishment forming under Ayub Khan.. it is likely that we would have seen a better system in Pakistan by today where largely free and fair elections would be held.
1970's General Election happened under establishment rule and they were the most transparent in our history:
Pakistani general election, 1970 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well that's because they always come in power through rigging. If free and fair elections were conducted under military regime like that happened once in 1970, PMLN and PPP would whitewash!

1970's General Election happened under establishment rule and they were the most transparent in our history:
Pakistani general election, 1970 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Those elections ended up being the trigger to the break up of the nation because the Establishment did not do its job. It is also the same establishment that carried out a farce election for Ayub Khan vs Fatima Jinnah.

Lets make this clear for all Pakistanis. There is a difference between free and fair.

Fair: All votes are accounted for and no votes are put into another's party's count. if 52000 votes were made.. 52000 are accounted for with exact record of which vote is whose.

Free: All voting was done without coercion and under the free will of the people. No threats, pressure or otherwise were carried out to change a voters mind or forcefully make him put a vote in.

Last chance to do what is the actual question. What was a golden chance for PTI was lost by the PML(N) bending over backwards to accommodate the establishment's demands in return for them keeping quiet within the sit-ins. Now unfortunately for IK, the PM is well entrenched into the system and regardless of the faux pas of his party members now and then.. is essentially keeping quiet and just not responding to anything as such. The PM seems to be projecting a focus on economic development and diplomacy and almost keeping his eyes shut to PTI activities.

Still, I am quite curious as to what can be achieved especially since Shaikh-ul-Islam is back(with his own parallel/divergent/no idea what agenda).

IK has a habit of cutting his own feet and he keeps doing it ever since he came into politics, he has never made a right decision and when he did he was always Johny come late. So I guess he will make his decision about Nov 30th on Dec Ist.

History? Excuse me? 30 Nov deadline is set by Imran to the government, not the other way around!

so was aug 14 and then 30th and sept and oct and final dharna and Empire ki Ungli...and merey Pakistani bus ab kal honey ja raha hay....bla di bla di bla

so was aug 14 and then 30th and sept and oct and final dharna and Empire ki Ungli...and merey Pakistani bus ab kal honey ja raha hay....bla di bla di bla
Deadlines means this dharna is not going to end unless PTI's demands are met.

IK has a habit of cutting his own feet and he keeps doing it ever since he came into politics, he has never made a right decision and when he did he was always Johny come late. So I guess he will make his decision about Nov 30th on Dec Ist.

That only reflects on a lack of clarity within him as to what he really wants to do. Unlike Zardari, who knows exactly what he wants and achieves it by hook or by crook.

Those elections ended up being the trigger to the break up of the nation because the Establishment did not do its job. It is also the same establishment that carried out a farce election for Ayub Khan vs Fatima Jinnah.
Hell NO! General Elections 1970 did not cause breakup of Pakistan but failure of Establishment to handover political power to its rightful winner: Mujeeb-ur-Rehman. It makes no sense to conduct party-based elections and then refuse to follow the outcome. This is what caused the breakup; army's refusal to allow Mujeeb form his own government!

Deadlines means this dharna is not going to end unless PTI's demands are met.

ok now the definition have changed too
Deadline is given for the next action. NS should resign by Nov 30th or else _______
no one says if you dont meet our demands by Nov 30th we will continue dharna.

I have an advise for you form the bottom of my heart since you sound sane as compared to other kids here, stop defending IK none of his action make any sense.

Hell NO! General Elections 1970 did not cause breakup of Pakistan but failure of Establishment to handover political power to its rightful winner: Mujeeb-ur-Rehman. It makes no sense to conduct party-based elections and then refuse to follow the outcome. This is what caused the breakup; armies refusal to allow Mujeeb form his own government!

Electoral process is : Elections-> Votes->Count->Winner-> Government. Any disturbance in the process is essentially derailing those elections.

That only reflects on a lack of clarity within him as to what he really wants to do. Unlike Zardari, who knows exactly what he wants and achieves it by hook or by crook.
Zardari like Nawaz is not a politician but a businessman. A businessman is someone who achieve his personal desires by hook or crook not a decent leader or politician like Imran Khan.

Back
Top Bottom