What's new

Anupam Kher shares disturbing pic on Kashmiri Pandits and Twitterati’s outraged

It seems Indians, like their neighbours, also suffer from selective outrage. Let me be clear, I am in no way disrespecting the Pandits that were killed by terrorists, but it's quite telling how outraged the Indians on this forum are on the killings of Kashmiris from a certain religion, but I have seen them cheering and calling for more killings of Kashmiris of another religion. The problem of this world is hypocrisy, and it seems to be epidemic in all parts of the world.
We are never fine with killing of any innocent. But if a terrorist Hindu Naxalite or Muslim separatist or Christian north eastern terrorist dies then there is no reason to repent. Country comes first and after that religion.

It's strange, but your level of English is just the same as a Bangladeshi idiot who calls himself @Major d1 . Your post above is a shambles.

Could you be a little more specific about whom you are referring to?
Really?
Now you want to pick out my English mistakes?
You belong to one of those intellectuals who happen to fall in Barkha,Rajdeep category..How easily you people get rattled & tend to avoid a mass exodus that happened to lakhs of people in the same valley..
You people aren't even bothered about past sufferings they had then how could you talk about humanity?

Really?
You belong to one of those intellectuals who happen to fall in Barkha,Rajdeep category..How easily you people get rattled & tend to avoid a mass exodus that happened to lakhs of people in the same valley..
You people aren't even bothered about past sufferings they had then how could you talk about humanity?

What is an exodus? Whom are you referring to? What past sufferings?

Answer the simple ones first.

I didn't pick out your English mistakes, just mentioned them. They are too many to 'pick out'.

Really?

Let the past be past,no need to start over it again and again.
Anupam kher must know when to comment and when not to,seriously.Its just in bad taste atm though he is entitled to say what he wants.

Anupam kher must know when to comment and when not to,seriously.Its just in bad taste atm though he is entitled to say what he wants.

He's never been known to have good taste. Not one of his failings.

The issue of Kashmiri pandits can never be forgiven or forgotten

then killing of 90000 innocent Kashmir's will also not forgotten, remember that, our generations will remember that, and stop calling your country a biggest democracy, this is the democracy??

A vibrant democracy can absorb thousands of such comments in any condition..
But he talked about people who hadn't believed in democracy.Most of the victims were bound to migrate nearby states in fear of conversion or losing life.
Past can be a lesson for all of us.You can easily past this phenomenon but not easy for everyone..
But you are right..Everything has it's time & place.
Democracy exists only if each & every person be responsible whether with their statements or actions.
It also allows you to criticize them,not to silence them..

He's never been known to have good taste. Not one of his failings.

Its not so black and white really.He has some valid points but equal number of stupid points too.

Its not so black and white really.He has some valid points but equal number of stupid points too.

I posted a URL of an appeal by some concerned people to both sides fighting in Kashmir now. If you spend a little time looking it up, you will find a host of names from the leadership of the community listed over there. They are far more knowledgeable about their affairs than this self-appointed spokesperson so anxiously hoping to attract notice from political decision makers. Trust me, his stupid points far outweigh his valid ones, and he is widely reviled for having brought the community into ridicule, just in order to gain some, shall we say low-priced? publicity for himself.

A vibrant democracy can absorb thousands of such comments in any condition..
But he talked about people who hadn't believed in democracy.Most of the victims were bound to migrate nearby states in fear of conversion or losing life.
Past can be a lesson for all of us.You can easily past this phenomenon but not easy for everyone..
But you are right..Everything has it's time & place.
Democracy exists only if each & every person be responsible whether with their statements or actions.
It also allows you to criticize them,not to silence them..

No one is silencing him,jo marzi bole banda i couldn't care less.U are overreacting.
Shit happens,deal with it.

I posted a URL of an appeal by some concerned people to both sides fighting in Kashmir now. If you spend a little time looking it up, you will find a host of names from the leadership of the community listed over there. They are far more knowledgeable about their affairs than this self-appointed spokesperson so anxiously hoping to attract notice from political decision makers. Trust me, his stupid points far outweigh his valid ones, and he is widely reviled for having brought the community into ridicule, just in order to gain some, shall we say low-priced? publicity for himself.

I agree here,of late he is leaving no stone unturned for publicity.Before he came into his own via twitter i thought he would be a sensible person.But he is the other side of same coin.
Kashmir issue is far more complex than many understand here,they dont want to stay with us...its a reality so we really cannot be seen highlighting this now and then which kher is doing.

Stupid man,he should lay low.

then killing of 90000 innocent Kashmir's will also not forgotten, remember that, our generations will remember that, and stop calling your country a biggest democracy, this is the democracy??

90,000?

I spent a lot of time explaining to one of your friends that the number of Indian soldiers in Kashmir was 46,000, not 700,000. And now you, with this old chestnut of 90,000 dead? Do you know the actual figures? Do you care? Or is this figure just a nice one to beat people with?

90,000?

I spent a lot of time explaining to one of your friends that the number of Indian soldiers in Kashmir was 46,000, not 700,000. And now you, with this old chestnut of 90,000 dead? Do you know the actual figures? Do you care? Or is this figure just a nice one to beat people with?

ok, let me tell what 46000 military personal doing in Kashmir? and what is actual death toll

Mr. Anupam kher shouldn't do this at this moment. Already lots of people have died. Despite all these all those favouring the cause of Kashmiri population should not forget the history( of kashmiri pandits) and people who are taking the cause of any side should be balanced in their approach.

There is a narrative being built up by certain sections within India about the evilness of security forces and the plight of Kashmiris ignoring the fact that those protestors don't represent all the Kashmiris, especially not the religious minorities there who would want presence of the security forces by all means. So, maybe it is the right time to remind some people how the violence in Kashmir started, how are today's 'victims' were perpetrators of something very sinister, and what can happen to lakhs of minority population of J&K if security forces are removed from there. Apart from that, there is no reason to believe that Anupam Kher's tweet will instigate Kashmiri pandits to pick up arms, they didn't do it so far, they trusted their government and we have failed them, let's not get carried away by emotions and fail them again.

ok, let me tell what 46000 military personal doing in Kashmir?

Protecting the innocent citizens of Kashmir.

Trying to figure out what motivates people to pick up arms against the state.

These people teaching in universities need to come out clear on what exactly they want from Indian state. I guess removal of people like her from universities is saffronization? Do they want India to let go Kashmir? How sure are they that Kashmir will not become banana republic with daily bombings (lets not talk about the state of minorities no one really cares)? In past Indian leaders were optimistic that Pakistan will join back eventually sooner or later which never happened it became a norm. Same with Kashmir if let go, over generations it will become a norm as if it was never a part of India, and there is no going back. Democracy is about convincing people to be on your side. Why don't people from Alaska ask freedom from US? Because US is really good at convincing people not only in their country but all over the world. What makes it difficult for India to convince is exploitation of religious sentiments of Kashmiris and the internet media having mostly western sources who like to keep problems stirred for all parties in this region. Don't know if Indian intelligence agencies hire psychologists, but i hope they do because its better to not let people born with intentions like Burhan Wani rather than having to kill them.

Back
Top Bottom