What's new

Antony to induct LCA into Air Force on Dec 20

this project wil be s great learning curve. S decade from now we will have over 120 tejas mk1 and mk 2 in service. The complete infrastucturebin India to equip maintain and upgrade this machine in India. Most crucial those labs wind tunnels and engineering science graduates will be busy bringing either the mk3 tejas or a amca fifth gen fighters to ioc stage....

:lol: you lose any which way try as hard as you can, now go cry in the corner f***face.

Goddamn pansy

u trust wikipedia more than australian airforce??

why are u so adamant to accept that ur wrong even when u were provided with professional definitions??

I'm not commenting upon the troll but there is research that shows Wiki is goddam accurate

Did Tejas set the current world record for taking the longest development time? 3 decades and still no FOC. :o:

Depends on what the issue actually was, there were different reports and manly based on guesses.

Simple example, Eurofighter program history:

The minimum acceptance was only for quick reaction interception roles and it went into mass production for 4 different air forces. The IOC which included some technical and weapon additions came later only and as you can see the FOC was achieved only years after the production start and that is not unusual, but common for most modern fighter developments. In nearly all cases of 4th gen fighter developments, they will be qualified mainly for a single role, while additional once and increased technical capability will be added later. The first Rafales were meant for carrier operations and only for A2A roles, it had limited optical and EW capabilities, which came only with the later F2 and 3 batches for the air force.
The same goes for JF 17 or J10 btw too and in the case of LCA the delays of the developments of certain parts, mixed up it IOC capabilities as well. It already has an integrated HMS, coupled with the R73, it has an LDP integrated as well as LGBs, so it already has capabilities which usually will be added only in later stages. If I'm not wrong JF 17 still has no LDP, HMS, nor any LGBs right? So LCAs IOC might be unusual and obviously delayed, but is by far not like you "think" it is.

I can see your point. I remember having read that once production starts they'll make some 6 to 8 aircraft a year- maybe later take it to some 10-12. So it's gonna take a decade or more to meet the ful order. Having the minimum acceptance versions rollout first means that there'll be less wastage of time for induction. Then as later versions become more sophisticated, the earlier ones can be upgraded I guess.

People here are thinking that tejas still hasnt achieved IOC but that is not true tejas achieved IOC long back and is now getting IOC-2 which permits it to be inducted into IAF.

Does this induction mean type classified? :what: I was under the impression that only serial production planes can be declared operational.

Does this induction mean type classified? :what: I was under the impression that only serial production planes can be declared operational.
LSP6 and LSP8 will be 'officially' inducted into the IAF on the 20th.
LSP here is limited series production aircraft.

LSP6 and LSP8 will be 'officially' inducted into the IAF on the 20th.
LSP here is limited series production aircraft.

Well the LSP6 is a experimental aircraft to test the AoA limits of the aircraft and is undergoing a few changes in the cockpit. I dont think that the LSP6 will take part in the induction ceremony.

I think all the other LSPs will be inducted into the TACDE.

So when will the GE 414 INS6 engine reach India? Any Idea? The Americans had promised the delivery of this engine by 2014 and also the USN is very keen on this engine performance for re-engining their Super Hornets. SO any idea about this?

Well the LSP6 is a experimental aircraft to test the AoA limits of the aircraft and is undergoing a few changes in the cockpit. I dont think that the LSP6 will take part in the induction ceremony.

I think all the other LSPs will be inducted into the TACDE.

So when will the GE 414 INS6 engine reach India? Any Idea? The Americans had promised the delivery of this engine by 2014 and also the USN is very keen on this engine performance for re-engining their Super Hornets. SO any idea about this?

Don't Super Hornet use a much bigger and more powerful engine? Speaking of which, won't LCA have to be redesigned to be bigger to take Super Hornet's engine?

A pathetic BJP @$$licker is back with his ignorant rating. Warships are usually launched by ladies, so the wife of the defence minister launching it is just fine (of course you didn't know that coz they didn't tell you that in RSS propaganda school). And if Vikrant is floated out launched and moved so that construction of INS vishaal can start only brainwashed BJP bhakts will find fault with that too. You're just a random troll, and you know more than MOD, IAF etc. put together?
very well agreed! but why do all the hungama usually done during commissioning....? either they are too happy abt it or resigned to the fact that they wont be regaining power post 2014...
refrain from using abusive language..one could say the same abt you
PS: im not a supporter of bjp :)

these are worthless arguments as I have pointed out earlier in the above that the level of technical competence of india against that of usa / europe / China is not the same, which means it will take a lot more time and more modifications to the indian program

The techanical competence of fighter jets of USA,Russia,Eurape is provened,means all of them are battle hardened fighters,but chinese i am not sure ,because even a single fighter jets of china cant see a war.There j-10 is only used by chinese.

I don't know why people are fighting here. Launch of INS Vikrant is not a shame like people are making it to be. A launch doesn't mean commissioning. Everyone should know that. Even in present condition, INS Vikrant is heavier than any Indian ship ever built. So don't try to link it with politics as it has got nothing to do with it.

Same goes for Tejas. It is incorrect to say that it is being introduced half cooked. People should know better before making these ridiculous claims. when EF Typhoon was inducted, it hadn't even fired a WVR missile. Tejas has at least fired R73 many times. Again the important thing here is that the aircraft is cleared for production. That is the reason to celebrate.

And please ignore all the chinese trolls. They are just dying of jealousy. No need to reply to them. Enjoy.

jealous? jealous for your LCA, are you sure what you are talking? We jealous F22, that is true, but why we jealous LCA? Is LCA that good?

very well agreed! but why do all the hungama usually done during commissioning....? either they are too happy abt it or resigned to the fact that they wont be regaining power post 2014...
refrain from using abusive language..one could say the same abt you
PS: im not a supporter of bjp :)

I too was wondering who this idiot is....this clearly is one more cheap congress stunts.

Back
Top Bottom