What's new

Anticipation is all Thunders going ballistic

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Last edited:
So these will make the number of fighters 86? Meaning 14 more for this year to complete the first 100, is that accurate?

So these will make the number of fighters 86? Meaning 14 more for this year to complete the first 100, is that accurate?

As per my understanding,
86= 82 + 4 JF-17B
and
remaining 14 would be produced by next year but seems like priority for this year is going to be export orders that are total 19 birds (16 Myanamar and 3 Nigeria) to fill. As soon as export order is done, we may back to production of remaining 14 Block-II for PAF and during the same time will be busy with JF-17B testing and Block-III finalization for first flight.

JF-17 formation presenting flypast at yesterday's closing ceremony of Aman-17.

C4q_SHBUYAAQ9ta.jpg

Above formation of JF thunders looks awesome makes us feel proud. We must increase number of planes we can produce 40-50 per year. As our neighbour have got quantitative and qualitative edge on us and also due to US duplicity and back stabbing edge bound to grow. Made in Pakistan gives us hope and confidence for our future. Long live Pakistan. :pakistan:.

Above formation of JF thunders looks awesome makes us feel proud. We must increase number of planes we can produce 40-50 per year. As our neighbour have got quantitative and qualitative edge on us and also due to US duplicity and back stabbing edge bound to grow. Made in Pakistan gives us hope and confidence for our future. Long live Pakistan. :pakistan:.
China is always with you, and wish Pakistan the best in the future!

Is that a vertical roll I am seeing around 0:36? I mean it takes off, goes into a vertical climb, and goes straight into a vertical roll. Impressive!

mate these jets cost 25 million a pop minimum and that is the price of block 1 aircraft in 2009 so the figure is not inflation adjusted going by the rate of average 7.79% that same thunder should cost 31.5 million today and lets assume that because of economies of scales cost comes down and you are able to buy the block 2 thunder for 31.5 million now.
now going by your number we need to upgrade our current production line capacity form 16 to 25 and open a new one with the same capacity. this mean you need more land more skilled labor(mind you they are not easy to come by) more tools. all this is going to drive up the cost further but as i don't have the idea what was the cost of first production line i can't give you the estimate.
now coming to the main issue is PAF willing to buy or proper question being do they have the budget to buy 50 jets that will cost 1.575 billion $ and thats just the flyaway cost you need spares, you need to train more pilots you need more munitions to go with the jet.
the last issue with your post is with the production rate of 50 jets a year we will complete remaining PAFs order in just 3 years (assuming they want total 250 thunder which is not confirmed yet) what then.you are forced to stop the production line, evolution of thunder will stop there because of it and you have to let go of all of your workforce effectively killing your aviation industry
so mate be careful what you wish for and keep in mind slow and steady wins the race

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom