What's new

Anti Tank Missile System Pakistan Army Should Consider

Brothers, Pakistan rules state of art ballistic missile technologies, developing own guided artillery missiles, air launchable and land attack cruise missiles. If a country has such sensitive capabilities to develop critical missile systems, Next step should not be to look for others' anti-tank missile systems. What Pakistani defence strategists should do is to either find a reliable partner for co-development or charge Pakistani missile manufacturer to develop a missile system which will be an equivalent of TOW or Javelin missiles under indigenous development project model.
We said BRO

It is written inside the poster.
the poster mentions it can be launched from a mbt-ajrun. i doubt this as the ajrun is a project in difficulties and does not meet army requirements and also any mbt can use a standard penetration warhead, in stead of the missile. the missile shown will most probably be used for portable use. but that too i doubt as india is purchasing the spike missile from Israel. my guess would be that it just a portfolio piece.

I think anti-missiles like Javelin missiles or HJ-12 will not be useful anymore if latest tanks has capability to shot down or well-armed fully near future.

We currently have 2 types (indigenous) of ATGMs...

Baktarshikhan - Wireguided
Barq - Laser guided - air launched.

Much easier to buy ATGMs off-the-shelf when you have limited funds. If need be, they can be easily developed in-house. Indigenous sanction-prone hardware is the priority. :)

Those CMs and BMs are sensitive tech and cannot be purchased.

so You are looking for an IIR guided tri-pod/single soldier launchable fire/forget missile which has top/direct attack modes. If yes, Mizrak-O is what you are looking for as an alternative solution to Chinese equivalent.

If anyone wants to know/be educated on the development of the 'Fire n Forget' ATGM's then this is a MUST READ. Sheds light on Spike ATGM, which started life/ owes its origin as Hughes Missiles AAWS-M. Javelin as TEXAS INSTRUMENTS - The TI AAWS-M

Army Recognition :: View topic - AAWS-M: from the 1960's DRAGON to today's JAVELIN Story

Ti-099.jpg

Last edited:
We said BRO
It is more a question of whether you make what is already available in the market and build your infrastructure around developing it further as technological advances come to hand or build it from scratch using research and development. Although the later route is eventually more fruitful it is risky and the commodity price is more than available in the market. Unlike what people think Pakistani R&D infrastructure is pretty infantile still. The bribes and commission which will not be available are another factor although a minor one. Pakistan usually adopts the former approach which is a more pragmatic one and more suited to a resource constrained environment.
Araz

the poster mentions it can be launched from a mbt-ajrun. i doubt this as the ajrun is a project in difficulties and does not meet army requirements and also any mbt can use a standard penetration warhead, in stead of the missile. the missile shown will most probably be used for portable use. but that too i doubt as india is purchasing the spike missile from Israel. my guess would be that it just a portfolio piece.
You doubt?

Lolz, this is going to be the main armament of Mk.2 and yet to come Mk.3.

On Spike, what you need an affidavit from govt.?
India picks Israel's Spike anti-tank missile over U.S. Javelin - source| Reuters

Deal didnt go through?!

Milan is also used by Pak.
AT5 Spandrel: 15000+
CCS Clears USD 250 Million Konkur Missiles for Army

AT14 Spriggan: 4000
Check SIPRI

AT6 Spiral: 800
Check Sipri

Good for you,

3UBK-Invar : 25000

AT-16 Scallion: 1500 (MI17)

AT11 Sniper: 3000 (T90M)

Got a source?

AGM-114K HELLFIRE : 542 On order for Apache

Deal done?
btwn sales for 1000 AGM-114 R Hellfire II has also been aproved for Pak,
View attachment 238402

View attachment 238403
+
Indian Systems:
Nag Missille: 40+ 400 on order fr Namica Tank Destroyer
CLGM : For Arjun and T90 on trials.

"Nag" is still under testing ...

And "CLGM" is on the drawing board...

Now let me see which ATGMs are used by Pak:

Baktar Shikan
Milan
Burq
Modified Kombat
Hellfire
TOW series

Probably russian missiles with MI35 E's

And if Z-10s gets approval than HJ-12

Meanwhile Pak has also shown interest in Turkish Mizrak.

Last edited:
Thanks for kind rdplys

First of all forget about air launched ATGM

we are talking about Manpad and tank launched anti tank missile like merkava fires from its turet LAHAT MISSILE

as far as i know our AL KHALID launches russian sniper type ATGM which is good but cannot panetrate merkava Trophy call defence and armour

Reason why im saying merkava brcoz it is most safe and heavily armoured tank if we have ATGM which gives gurantee kill on Merkava than all IA tanks are no issud

With current inventory only TOW ATGM we have latest

MILAN and baktar shikan is useless on new armour they are decade old

Now see what infia has LAHAT, KORNET,LATEST MILAN,SPIKE, ETC

we are relying on TOW WHICH IS VEST WHAT WE GOT

BAKTAR SHIKEN CANNOT PANETRATE NEW ARMOUR

we need new latest ATGM weather we develop it with china or ordering our mindset should be destroying the best armoured tank

Back
Top Bottom