What's new

Anti Maoist Squadron are being trained by Israeli now

Actually the US could have predicted 9/11. There was input of a big plot underway but before 9/11 inter agency cooperation was not good at all. There was a lot of rivalry. As for the media, I agree it not the military editing it. This exercise was an opportunity to show the INdian ppl look at what we are doing. The govt is doing it best to show the efforts its making. Nothing wrong with it.

Its never easy to predict scenarios but look at what the US defence does. It employs the use of futurists to develop hypothetical scenarios. We dont take planning seriously enough, or it seems if we do, then the way we do it seems to be completely compartmentalized which is stifling our progress.

I agree..But Dude,We cannot satisfy the present requirements and you are talking of the future.I think a big system change needs to be done to prepare for the future.

Dude..Cmon..I am not a Diplomat i speak what i see...I will be very surprised if now also Mumbai Police inspectors and constable know what Garud is and what its role is...Competitive exams dont teach you about the Armed forces in the country...I know people in good respectable positions who dont know about the Special Forces in our country.

What i think how Marcos showed up...Simple coz the Mumbai Police was unable to control the situation and then they contacted the GOC of the IA stationed there...The GOC told them that they dont have PARA commandos in mumbai but they can contact the Navy for MARCOS...Hence the Marcos came in.

Sending recruits who dont even know the basics of combat is a stupid decision to say the least..Would have been better had they approached the NSG for initial training and then went on for Israeli instructors.

Maharastra govt has a habit of going for the best?... :woot: ...Lets compare SWAT with Force 1..On one hand we have a force which is fully trained in India by NSG and fully operational...and on the other we have a Super Duper Force trained by Super Elite Israelis yet we get to read this..

Is Force 1 good enough? - Hindustan Times

Sorry..For me they are way behind NSG..These make shift Commandos can never match NSG guys who have vast experience fighting terrorism across the country.NSG guys are 100 times more well trained,better equipped than these guys and you know what the biggest diffference is..Its the Leadership...NSG has Army officers belonging to PARA or various Infantry units in the country who "know it all" about Anti terrorism and Hostage situations.

BTW here is what the WIKI says about the role of FORCE 1

In case of any "large scale attack"...Have no doubt in your mind that NSG Mumbai base guys are going to be operational.

NSG guys are Ex Para or Infantry guys who have done all kinds of anti terror operations across the country.Their base in Manesar is the best equipped base for a Commando Unit in India and lastly NSG guys train with GSG.. who are the elites in Urban Warfare.

Comparing a elite soldier of the IA to a Policeman who has only undergon advanced training for a few months under a foreign instructor and has NO experience whatsoever is laughable for me.

Yet the Force got operational after 1 year..They could have trained under NSG and become operational much earlier.Those guys who took the decision would have no knowledge about anything..they would have no combat experience..Hence the criticism from israeli media and watching Discovery channel would have made them to believe that they are going for the best...Sometimes going for the best option is not the right option...SWAT even after being trained in India is as lethal if not better than Force 1...What do you have to say about that??

NSG did the best it could..I dont need a Gore ki stamp unlike you guys to appreciate their effort...Those who were commenting have never faced similar situations before..Hence doing commentary is too easy,BTW i also have a Gora's comments for you to know what 26/11 was like...When American Police Officials came to Mumbai to investigate they said that it would be very difficult for even them to handle such situation and have since made a few changes in their response.
1. Definatly the Sub Inspector and Dy. SP are selected by MPSC. You can go to the commissions website and check previous years papers if you want
The syllabus cover space and defence developments :D even constable have to appeare to a GS paper before physical tests.

2. Nop. Govt of Maharshtra asked for help from IN directly. Officer incharge get asked the permission from MOD and head in. This what I get from a Babu in mantralaya :D BTW there is one IA SF training centre near Mumbai. These guies too head for Mumbai. They were there on standby till the OP was over.

3. What's your point ??? With :woot: ??? Didn't get. Really Maharashtra Government has this bad habit. And by Best I mean Isareali Border guard unless you want to say SWAT is better than them :P stop underestimating Force One. Guies grow up now :D
And for matter of point evenif NSG would have trained them e guies would be the same. Unless you want to say touch of NSG would make them Rambo. Units like these need time to set up name. This one will need longer. But will. I am one of the firm beliver of the point that " Israelis are the BEST in urban warfare due to their training and experience over the time"
Well I would like to know about the Delhi SWAT team too. What's their operational experience ???
BTW do you see the date on the article- 2009. It's 2012. That was the first year of deployment. Last year "Force One" raided one house in Pune. It was a wrong intell but you should have seen them there.

4. Force One isn't a protection force. And what I tell is Operating protocol. NSG can't go in on it's own. Law and order is State's responsibility.

5. Didn't you read the link I posted ??? First batch wasn't trained by isareils
http://www.hindu.com/2009/11/25/stories/2009112561591800.htm

PS: all links and info on wiki is from 2009

6. What's with attitude dude ??? Even we don't want gore ki stamp. It was you who was playing embarrassment card. So I just add to the point. Why cherry pick when I clearly write NSG is better than all Indian forces ???
I would like a healthy disscussion so please avoid such words :D or simply avoid me I will avoid you :D on this subject

It make sense in Kashmir where stone pelting is major problem for Indian forces and often force them to retreat, i don't think Israeli's have any expertise in jungle counter insurgency warfare.

It make sense in Kashmir where stone pelting is major problem for Indian forces and often force them to retreat, i don't think Israeli's have any expertise in jungle counter insurgency warfare.
Didn't you really know Indian expertise in Bolded part ??? I will be surprised :D

Do you even know that Force 1 is not even involved in Maoist operations...I bet you dont coz you would have read the title and without bothering to analyse the comments by other members you would have done what you are good at...Posting BS ie.
Haan maloom hai tumhari force 1 ki nautanki jo har saal 26/11 anniversary par nautanki parade karati hai fir saal bhar aise gayab rahati hai jaise gadhay ke sar se seeng.

And for Maoist operation which ever force you bring they all will meet the same end like CRPF.

Haan maloom hai tumhari force 1 ki nautanki jo har saal 26/11 anniversary par nautanki parade karati hai fir saal bhar aise gayab rahati hai jaise gadhay ke sar se seeng.

And for Maoist operation which ever force you bring they all will meet the same end like CRPF.

Force one is a counter terrorism unit, do you expect to see them doing traffic duties? :blah: Maoist armed insurgency will be over by the end of this decade.

1. Definatly :D the Sub Inspector and Dy. SP are selected by MPSC. You can go to the commissions website and check previous years papers if you want :D
The syllabus cover space and defence developments :D even constable have to appeare to a GS paper before physical tests.

2. Nop. Govt of Maharshtra asked for help from IN directly. Officer incharge get asked the permission from MOD and head in. This what I get from a Babu in mantralaya :D BTW there is one IA SF training centre near Mumbai. These guies too head for Mumbai. They were there on standby till the OP was over.

3. What's your point ??? With :woot: ??? Didn't get. Really Maharashtra Government has this bad habit. And by Best I mean Isareali Border guard unless you want to say SWAT is better than them :P stop underestimating Force One. Guies grow up now :D
Well I would like to know about the Delhi SWAT team too. What's their operational experience ???
BTW do you see the date on the article- 2009. It's 2012. That was the first year of deployment. Last year "Force One" raided one house in Pune. It was a wrong intell but you should have seen them there.

4. Force One isn't a protection force. And what I tell is Operating protocol. NSG can't go in on it's own. Law and order is State's responsibility.

5. Didn't you read the link I posted ??? First batch wasn't trained by isareils
The Hindu : Front Page : A smart anti-terror force for Mumbai now

PS: all links and info on wiki is from 2009

1.So does the syllabus also cover Information on Indian SFs?

2.I am not gettting your point.

3.Israeli Border Gaurds are not THE BEST Israeli Special Force...Its the Shayetet 13 which is the best...Israeli Border Guards have 4 Special Operation Units--YAMAM--YAMAS--YAMAG--MATILAN..i dont know if their instructors belonged to these groups and even if they did its not the best that Israel has..Its the SHAYETET 13 which is the best...So kindly ask your Maharastra govt to arrange a appointment with them or they can update their knowledge and know who the best is...like i said DISCOVERY CHANNEL is doing wonders.

4.NSG doesnt need policemen on their back for operations....thats funny.

Sorry i dont want to reply to your nonsense...Come up with something technical!!

wonder why force1 remain into hiding all round year.

Mumbai Mirror - Mumbai Mirror

You can't possibly be this thick! They are a counter terrorism unit. So you ll only see them in action in counter terrorism operations. You probably haven't realised yet but Counter terrorism is the key word here, I can't make it any simpler for you.

Lets hope we never get to see them in action. Am sure they conduct mock drills every now and then otherwise.

1.So does the syllabus also cover Information on Indian SFs?

2.I am not gettting your point.

3.Israeli Border Gaurds are not THE BEST Israeli Special Force...Its the Shayetet 13 which is the best...Israeli Border Guards have 4 Special Operation Units--YAMAM--YAMAS--YAMAG--MATILAN..i dont know if their instructors belonged to these groups and even if they did its not the best that Israel has..Its the SHAYETET 13 which is the best...So kindly ask your Maharastra govt to arrange a appointment with them or they can update their knowledge and know who the best is...like i said DISCOVERY CHANNEL is doing wonders.

4.NSG doesnt need policemen on their back for operations....thats funny.
1. Yes that's the interesting part :D
In State services Main 2010 two question were asked on Marcos. So all leading books have a full section on defence. The info is limited though but still good for general knowledge
2. It's nothing just info. No point intended. Just want to tell IA SF was there on standby.
3 I really don't have info on Israel SF. And I think Govt of Maharashtra might have contacted Israeli authorities or Isareli authorities might have offered to train F1 when they were in Maharashtra after 26/11. And I don't think Maharashtra govt would have given a Choice to select the trainers. What do you think ??? I think Isareli preffer border guards for training F1.
4. That is the fact in India bro. It's the same point which is hanging "national anti terrorism agency" isn't it ??? One of the points most of the media buried was Maharashtra CM took 2/3 hr to call home minister to request NSG when there was no force available in Maharashtra police able to handle this big situation

1. Yes that's the interesting part :D
In State services Main 2010 two question were asked on Marcos. So all leading books have a full section on defence. The info is limited though but still good for general knowledge
2. It's nothing just info. No point intended. Just want to tell IA SF was there on standby.
3 I really don't have info on Israel SF. And I think Govt of Maharashtra might have contacted Israeli authorities or Isareli authorities might have offered to train F1 when they were in Maharashtra after 26/11. And I don't think Maharashtra govt would have given a Choise to select the trains. What do you think ??? I think Isareli preffer border guards for training.
4. That is the fact in India bro. It's the same point which is hanging "national anti terrorism agency" isn't it ??? One of the points most of the media buried was Maharashtra CM took 2/3 hr to call home minister to request NSG.

1.I didnt know about that..Thanks for the info.

4.Incase of a large scale attack like 26/11 Force 1 will be the first to go...But then NSG will surely be called in and then NSG will be incharge of the inner cordon while the Force 1 will take care of the outer cordon.

Lastly do you know how much the Israelis charged??..The money could have easily been saved or been in indian hands had they opted for NSG or Marcos and got the same level of training..I hope you are not understimating the Marcos now...They are among the best in the world.

1.I didnt know about that..Thanks for the info.

4.Incase of a large scale attack like 26/11 Force 1 will be the first to go...But then NSG will surely be called in and then NSG will be incharge of the inner cordon while the Force 1 will take care of the outer cordon.
If Maharashtra Govt think F1 can't handle the situation on its own.
And this "if" will be costly. I would have preffered direct NSG action and F1 should be relocated to other city. This will utilise the resource to most but some how people in power think otherwise

If Maharashtra Govt think F1 can't handle the situation on its own.
And this "if" will be costly. I would have preffered direct NSG action and F1 should be relocated to other city. This will utilise the resource to most but some how people in power think otherwise

If there was so much trust on Force 1 then NSG wont have been in Mumbai in the first place.

If there was so much trust on Force 1 then NSG wont have been in Mumbai in the first place.

It isn't matter of trust. Law and inforcement is State's job centre cant intervein on its own. NSG is under the control of centre so.... It's the standard protocol. And if any idiot state govt make it pride subject then...... you know Indian politics.

Even though I am sure that F1 guies are good I too would like to see NSG at such incidents.
NSG Base in Mumbai is mean to reduce response time and spreading NSG legs in the country

Met I don't think think this is case. the NSG has been put in hubs in strategic locations throughout the city regardless of local special police units. The NSG contingent based in Mumbai is not there to guard Mumbai solely but most of Western India in he same way all the NSG hubs now cover a specific region not one particular city hence they ave all been provided dedicated spec op C-130s. If anything were to happen I'd hope that all responders regardless of which government they report to would flock to the seen as fast as possible and tackle the situation. The decision to deploy the NSG in Mumbai and raise F1 were made independently of one another and both decisions were in response to 26/11. The response to such an attack should not be down to a single entity or power body but should be a joint effort. Every city in India should raise such special units regardless of central government deployments in the area.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom