What's new

Anti Hindi storm brewing in Tamilnadu

South should even try Urdu, which is kinda Hindi yet aristocratic. Yet Urdu speakers will treat them equally and will not consider them as Rakshak and Monkeys as suggested by Sanskrit/Hindi scripts.
Monkey ? Where it came from ? Are you trolling ?

yes and Bangladesh will still be the insignificant backwater it is. The bastard child of Begal who soyearn to be Arabs.

you guys are the biggest joke in South Asia :lol:

Show us you are better than us, instead living under North Indians the (Gods) and South Indians the (Rakshaks)

Monkey ? Where it came from ? Are you trolling ?
Nope its in Mahabhrata ;)

Yes Hindu identity...
No no. Its like " Hindi hai hum, watan hain". Its not like Hindu hain hum watan hai

Show us you are better than us, instead living under North Indians the (Gods) and South Indians the (Rakshaks)

Nope its in Mahabhrata ;)
Ok so you have started abusing my religion. Post reported. If no action has been taken then only I will reply.

No no. Its like " Hindi hai hum, watan hain". Its not like Hindu hain hum watan hai

Ok so you have started abusing my religion. Post reported. If no action has been taken then only I will reply.

I dont speak or undersrtand Hindi.

Which may well be the case for most post colonial democracies that are not homogeneous

Both attitudes are unhealthy IMO.

The only way to have a sense of pride is not to impose identities. But by providing their citizens a more prosperous, healthy and happy lives.

I would rather the Indian government go after economic growth and improve social indicators.

these debates take a life of their own in sites like these, amplified by the sort of crowds PDF usually attract :-)

So all of you start again :P

@manlion comes by and starts a useless thread, you guys point out the fail and start debating on a non-issue :lol:

killing time.

Only 5.91% of people speak Tamil. So it can not be.

No. 41% speak Hindi. But it can be understood by more than 70% of indians.

Hindi is not the national language of India and I for one will oppose according the status of national language to Hindi, so for most part will people from Maharashtra, Orissa, and all Southern States.

There is too much of communism brainwash in people from Eastern India where uniformity is all they look at. Not much different from Islam. Soon you will also be demanding that all Indians speak the same variant of Hindi and in the same accent too.

Hindi is not the national language of India and I for one will oppose according the status of national language to Hindi, so for most part will people from Maharashtra, Orissa, and all Southern States.

There is too much of communism brainwash in people from Eastern India where uniformity is all they look at. Not much different from Islam. Soon you will also be demanding that all Indians speak the same variant of Hindi and in the same accent too.
I am from Orissa. And I will not oppose it. Only netas may oppose it.

I think the major issue was removing English from the official status.. If that didnt happen i think as the link language it would have counter balanced the issues you have stated.. They just went too far in it's imposition.. Far too nationalistic.. Even though the motive was fair
yes. they should have not removed English that soon. But this point that you raised does not really get much attention.
I think Sinhala leaders were too quick and less practical then tamil leaders were too over reactive after which sinhala leaders were again over reactive. And by 80s with violence, indian support to the militants the sh1t hit the fan..
I think what made past leaders to bring a requirement to tamils and even burghers to learn sinhala to gain top positions in gover had several reasons.
1. With 70% sinhala speaking country, and if you are to function as a CIVIL servant you have to speak the local tounge. A tamil would not be able to go and become a chief engineer of a site in Thissamaharama or in Anuradhapura without the sinhala language knowledge. It is not practical. A position of a civil servant is one that he/she has to contact people from any part of the country.
2. After independance it was apparant that a large sinhala speaking population would enter employment sector.
3. The hastiness to get rid of English which they considered foreign.

I was asking a hypothetical question mate.. If Hindi was spoken by 70% of Indians like 70% of Lankans speak Sinhalese.. Would you object to it being made the national language of India ?

I doubt it. It will most likely be like Canada with Multiple official languages and no national language.

Please, can we not respond to that filthy bongoloideshi twit, iajdani? There is no point talking to a poorly educated, swamp-dwelling scumbag.

Back
Top Bottom