What's new

Anti Hindi storm brewing in Tamilnadu

I was asking a hypothetical question mate.. If Hindi was spoken by 70% of Indians like 70% of Lankans speak Sinhalese.. Would you object to it being made the national language of India ?

What's funny is that this of course doesn't prevent Tamil politicians to request Indian government to help them get Tamil fishermen released from Sri Lanka.

:tsk:

--
BJP and noth parties could not succes much south because they cant connect wiht people due to language ...
south parties want to maintain monopoly... becuase if they allow hindi to penetrate they MAY loose their monopoly..
as UP have only two main option SP and BSP .. bjp yet to prove its long record ...
Tamilnad u ahve DMK and AIADMK to recon with
AP .. is mess
karnatak .. BJP made ground lost to due yedurapa .. that why despite so much defeamel and allegation they dont have other chocie than him...
Kerala .. is diffrent ball game ..
--
crux of matter
hindi as national language
desriable --yes
for politicla gain .. no
for natioanl integration -- yes

--
any data to suport your claim of 70 %
Yep. Have to search. I read it in one government publication. It was in 2001

--
BJP and noth parties could not succes much south because they cant connect wiht people due to language ...
south parties want to maintain monopoly... becuase if they allow hindi to penetrate they MAY loose their monopoly..
as UP have only two main option SP and BSP .. bjp yet to prove its long record ...
Tamilnad u ahve DMK and AIADMK to recon with
AP .. is mess
karnatak .. BJP made ground lost to due yedurapa .. that why despite so much defeamel and allegation they dont have other chocie than him...
Kerala .. is diffrent ball game ..
--
crux of matter
hindi as national language
desriable --yes
for politicla gain .. no
for natioanl integration -- yes

--
any data to suport your claim of 70 %

Why should Tamilians and Mallus sacrifice out 1000s of years old landguage for you crackpots? India has remained united without it.

We're not interested in promoting your fantasy. India doesn't need Hindi to be united. It already is.
--
india need ONE NATIONAL COMMUNICATION LANAGUGE ..for people .. for nationl integration

Why should Tamilians and Mallus sacrifice out 1000s of years old landguage for you crackpots? India has remained united without it.

--
who told you to sacrifices..
does sangam lietratue lost to sanskrit or vice a versa NO

We don't need Hindi. Tamil should be the national language of India.
I was pointing out Sanghi agenda. they want to "reach" to Tamils. Tamizh pesa vendaam...aage Hindi hi aapka mathru bhasha hai..kyonki Hindi "rashtr bhasha" he:enjoy:

I can not see the unity. I woke up after a visit to Ooty.

So? Don't see.

I was pointing out Sanghi agenda. they want to "reach" to Tamils. Tamizh pesa vendaam...aage Hindi hi aapka mathru bhasha hai..kyonki Hindi "rashtr bhasha" he:enjoy:

Sanghi have no f**ing clue how emotional an issue this is. Hell I'm not even a native Tamil speaker- if I can be so defensive, the native speakers will give them a beating and have them offloaded.

--
i kow its shock to see
even small child understnad eglish and guide you way ahead but hindi.. nalla ..
only few will understand it hardly few speak
That was not the case with me. I talked to them in Hindi near ooty lake. They replied. The only problem was they started saying bad things about me in their language. Later I cam to know that.

Ok so you can speak Hindi. Good.

What's funny is that this of course doesn't prevent Tamil politicians to request Indian government to help them get Tamil fishermen released from Sri Lanka.

:tsk:

Oh I'm sorry, so the Indian state should be delinquent in it's responsibilities because a few people speak in Tamil?

That was not the case with me. I talked to them in Hindi near ooty lake. They replied. The only problem was they started saying bad things about me in their language. Later I cam to know that.

Ok so you can speak Hindi. Good.
--
may be a bad incident nothing else then

So? Don't see.

Sanghi have no f**ing clue how emotional an issue this is. Hell I'm not even a native Tamil speaker- if I can be so defensive, the native speakers will give them a beating and have them offloaded.
So we are not united so much. We are united only in cricket match and against Pak and China

--
may be a bad incident nothing else then
Same happened in Bangalore. Also in coimbatore.

My stand has always been this.

Ask other Mallus here. In Kerala the number of Keralites who speak Hindi has increased due to the immigration of Hindi speaking labourers.

This has increased in Tamil Nadu as well. In terms of natural progression, a lot more people will learn Hindi on their own as per national trends. This is true in South India as well.

so in effect without declaring Hindi as national language you have increased the amount of people who understand Hindi.

People on the Hindi chauvinist side and Tamil language chauvinists are motivated by the same thing. An inflated sense of linguistic ego.

I don't have a problem with Hindi. I do however have a problem with Hindi chauvinists and those who look down on Indians who don't speak Hindi.

And sounding quite regionalistic, I see no reason why Southies should let North Indians walk all over them.

Back
Top Bottom