What's new

Anti Hindi storm brewing in Tamilnadu

I know. That is why I said it should not be imposed. This language is understood by 70 % people in India.

Here state means Netas. There should be a public poll. Lets see how many support it and how many reject it.
--
undersod does not be a crtitria of national langauge ...
evey indian atlast now more than 2 lanague

Just to put some perspective in to the language issue especially to Indian posters that seem to be misinformed by one sided information.. 70% of the people in Lanka spoke Sinhalese as their mother tongue when the country gained independence but English remained the official language of the country.. (Btw English is the language of my community, Just to make sure i dont come as biased)

And to correct this colonial impasse the govt made Sinhalese the national language of the country while giving Tamil the language of some 20% of the population official status along with English in 1959.. The then Tamil political hierarchy (ironically all English educated)made an issue of this and agitated for 50/50 representation, which let to the civil conflict and in later years to a devastating war that was hijacked by the polity in Tamil Nadu for their own motive of Tamil hegemony and made use by the Indira Gandhi regime to destabilize a pro western GOSL during the height of the cold war

My question is.. If Hindi was the language of 70% Indians, Would any of you disagree on it being the national/official language of India ?

This is PM Solomon Bandaranaike explaining the language policy

@DRAY, @Contrarian ,@abjktu @nair, @kurup

Last edited:
Hindi Imposition through cultural aggression

Another type of Cultural aggression is going on in Kashmir. India is silently & steadily trying to impose Hindi language in Kashmir. To start with, Central Govt. Offices have been instructed to use Hindi as medium of Communication & officers encouraged to send & sign letters in Hindi. In-House “Departmental promotional Committees” for Hindi are instructed to monitor the progress & coercive measures like delays in promotion etc. enforced for slow or no progress. Even Parliamentary committees for promotion of Hindi visit the state periodically to oversee the progress

--
even i dont have specific ans
but will ponder on same .
as we are divesr society.. lanague is socio political tool
but question is imp for national integration
The thing is we must have a national level poll for this. Then we will get the answer. Netas will always object for votebank.

Just to put some perspective in to the language issue especially to Indian posters that seem to be misinformed by one sided information.. 70% of the people in Lanka spoke Sinhalese as their mother tongue when the country gained independence but English remained the official language of the country.. (Btw English is the language of my community, Just to make sure i dont come as biased)

And to correct this colonial impasse the govt made Sinhalese the national language of the country while giving Tamil the language of some 20% of the population official status along with English in 1959.. The then Tamil political hierarchy (ironically all English educated)made an issue of this and agitated for 50/50 representation, which let to the civil conflict and in later years to a devastating war that was hijacked by the polity in Tamil Nadu for their own motive of Tamil hegemony and made use by the Indira Gandhi regime to destabilize a pro western GOSL during the height of the cold war

My question is.. If Hindi is the language of 70% Indians, Would any of you disagree on it being the national/official language of India ?

@DRAY, @Contrarian ,@abjktu @nair
I dont know about others but I will not oppose. And I am an east Indian, not even Hindi speaking.

Hindi is the national language, AIT is wrong, OIT is right - RSS agenda. All good initiative to unify 100 crore Hindus from various races and ethnicities to identify as one supreme power.

We don't need Hindi. Tamil should be the national language of India.

Just to put some perspective in to the language issue especially to Indian posters that seem to be misinformed by one sided information.. 70% of the people in Lanka spoke Sinhalese as their mother tongue when the country gained independence but English remained the official language of the country.. (Btw English is the language of my community)

My question is.. If Hindi is the language of 70% Indians, Would any of you disagree on it being the national/official language of India ?

@DRAY, @Contrarian ,@abjktu @nair
Nope...Hindi is not the language of 70% Indians..Hindi is spoken only around 35% as their mother tongue...70% means the whole indo aryan language family speakers(Hindi,Gujarati,Bengali,Marathi etc etc)...

We don't need Hindi. Tamil should be the national language of India.
Only 5.91% of people speak Tamil. So it can not be.

Nope...Hindi is not the language of 70% Indians..Hindi is spoken only around 35% as their mother tongue...70% means the whole indo aryan language family speakers(Hindi,Gujarati,Bengali,Marathi etc etc)...
No. 41% speak Hindi. But it can be understood by more than 70% of indians.

I was asking a hypothetical question mate.. If Hindi was spoken by 70% of Indians like 70% of Lankans speak Sinhalese.. Would you object to it being made the national language of India ?

The thing is we must have a national level poll for this. Then we will get the answer. Netas will always object for votebank.
--
BJP and noth parties could not succes much south because they cant connect wiht people due to language ...
south parties want to maintain monopoly... becuase if they allow hindi to penetrate they MAY loose their monopoly..
as UP have only two main option SP and BSP .. bjp yet to prove its long record ...
Tamilnad u ahve DMK and AIADMK to recon with
AP .. is mess
karnatak .. BJP made ground lost to due yedurapa .. that why despite so much defeamel and allegation they dont have other chocie than him...
Kerala .. is diffrent ball game ..
--
crux of matter
hindi as national language
desriable --yes
for politicla gain .. no
for natioanl integration -- yes

Only 5.91% of people speak Tamil. So it can not be.

No. 41% speak Hindi. But it can be understood by more than 70% of indians.
--
any data to suport your claim of 70 %

--
BJP and noth parties could not succes much south because they cant connect wiht people due to language ...
south parties want to maintain monopoly... becuase if they allow hindi to penetrate they MAY loose their monopoly..
as UP have only two main option SP and BSP .. bjp yet to prove its long record ...
Tamilnad u ahve DMK and AIADMK to recon with
AP .. is mess
karnatak .. BJP made ground lost to due yedurapa .. that why despite so much defeamel and allegation they dont have other chocie than him...
Kerala .. is diffrent ball game ..
--
crux of matter
hindi as national language
desriable --yes
for politicla gain .. no
for natioanl integration -- yes

--
any data to suport your claim of 70 %
Now you are talking sense

Back
Top Bottom