What's new

Anti Hindi storm brewing in Tamilnadu

Why it should create negative ?
No my question it why a poll will lead to riot as you have mentioned ?
Did English become the prominent language in the World due to a poll? Nope - it became one de-facto. Not de jure.

In a globalized world it is obvious that Hindi will be spread more than other languages in India. But is there any need to force it on anyone?

For example, in Karnataka, I had problems initially. But now, I have picked up some Kannada - not because someone told me to, but only for my own convenience. Made a joke of myself while I tried wooing - but that's another matter :P

So - with intermingling more languages will be mixed, there is no need to pass a law to enforce anything. Let's give it time and see which language the collective general population of India is comfortable with. Not necessarily as a mother tongue or a national language but for ease of use in exceptional circumstances.

This is the Government policy as well - the national languages of the country will remain. By law all those will be equal. On the ground, it is you who need to decide but only on a personal level. :enjoy:

But, I am pleasantly surprised - no one is abusing anyone! I don't see vulgar slangs either and this thread has already spanned quite a few pages already!

It has nothing to do with this. I was asking a simple question you are attacking me. Thats all.

No you are not simply asking a question, you are just being a pest in asking the same question again and again when given so much explanation too. Language riots are not new to India and have happened many times in case you were not aware of it. You just announce your stupidity to the world when you display comprehension issues as well as bullheadedness.

Did English become the prominent language in the World due to a poll? Nope - it became one de-facto. Not de jure.

In a globalized world it is obvious that Hindi will be spread more than other languages in India. But is there any need to force it on anyone?

For example, in Karnataka, I had problems initially. But now, I have picked up some Kannada - not because someone told me to, but only for my own convenience. Made a joke of myself while I tried wooing - but that's another matter :P

So - with intermingling more languages will be mixed, there is no need to pass a law to enforce anything. Let's give it time and see which language the collective general population of India is comfortable with. Not necessarily as a mother tongue or a national language but for ease of use in exceptional circumstances.

This is the Government policy as well - the national languages of the country will remain. By law all those will be equal. On the ground, it is you who need to decide but only on a personal level. :enjoy:

But, I am pleasantly surprised - no one is abusing anyone! I don't see vulgar slangs either and this thread has already spanned quite a few pages already!
Dont you think there are surveys which concludes that English is the most spoken language ? Did it leads to riot ?

No you are not simply asking a question, you are just being a pest in asking the same question again and again when given so much explanation too. Language riots are not new to India and have happened many times in case you were not aware of it. You just announce your stupidity to the world when you display comprehension issues as well as bullheadedness.
Riots happen when you impose something. It is just a poll. Why a riot should happen ? And you are abusing me.

Because majority of the people (>70%) understands Hindi. Great for communication.

No it is not great for communication. Hindi is not the language of communication in South or even in Maharashtra. People speak to each other in English or in the various regional languages. We do not plan to accommodate you by learning to speak your language.

Anything forcing down the throat is not fair...
More and More South Indians were already started to speak and understand hindi due to Bollywood influence...It will take time to achieve fully ..just wait for that...
you world is limited to Bollywood ? give some time 10-15 yrs , Tamil will surpass Hindi to be the most sought after language of the world
It's true. Even I know more Hindi words than Tamil.
Kuch kuch hotha hai. :P

what about callin me commie,,,me heartbroken :cray:

No it is not great for communication. Hindi is not the language of communication in South or even in Maharashtra. People speak to each other in English or in the various regional languages. We do not plan to accommodate you by learning to speak your language.
I know. Maharastra we can communicate in Hindi. No problem with that. I am not imposing anything. I just want a poll. And you must not plan such things.

Yes. That is long long a go. A poll should be conducted now.
How 'bout having a poll here first? :azn: You may get an indication :D

Worrying thing is this - We have Islamists baying for our blood when the culture we share, that binds us is itself under threat.

It makes no sense in magnifying what little (linguistic) differences we have and losing our unity. In that case we deserve to go the Iran/Persia way.

Riots happen when you impose something. It is just a poll. Why a riot should happen ? And you are abusing me.

Riots would happen because it would be seen as a precusor to policies leading to making Hindi the national language. You are too dumb. Do not quote me any further or I will put you on ignore.

Back
Top Bottom