What's new

Anti Hindi storm brewing in Tamilnadu

It is not just a poll. It is indication of Hindi chauvinism. You may as well have a poll for saying are North Indians more beautiful, taller, and superior in intelligence than other Indians. Let us have a poll to find that out.
No. Lets make a poll that which Language should be made national language. If people resort to violence, then I can say there is no unity among Indians. Its just a media poll.

how u doing dum dum :D
btw fair n lovely breaking all sales record in south India too :D
Dum dum in calcutta ?

how u doing dum dum :D
btw fair n lovely breaking all sales record in south India too :D

I am down with some sort of flu. Fair n Lovely is a phenomenon due to our advertising industry which is populated with Westoxicated Indians.

What ?

If there is a conflict it will be because of massive insecurity you display in this post.. Why would a referendum lead to chaos ? It's just a call on opinion

The insecurity is not on the part of people who resist imposition and are satisfied with their status quo but by those who seek to expand their sphere of influence out of greed and insecurity. This is strange reasoning you have accusing the hen of being insecure when the wolf is at the door.

You seem to bypass my question.. I'm not talking about ground realities as it stands.. IF hindi is the language of 70% of Indians, Would you object to it being made the national language ?

It is hypothetical, I'm asking it in the perspective of another scenario
@Indrani

I think both of you forget an important distinction between SL and India.

Tamil Nadu without any doubt is the traditional homeland of tamils and Tamil nadu joined a united india willingly. There is no questions about traditional tamil homeland in india. Every Tamil and non tamil in india knows this part of india is for tamils...

In SL the traditional homeland claim of tamils is the root of the problem. Unlike in India this is protested against by Sinhalese nationalists. There is a question of history and land area in SL.

I am down with some sort of flu. Fair n Lovely is a phenomenon due to our advertising industry which is populated with Westoxicated Indians.

The insecurity is not on the part of people who resist imposition and are satisfied with their status quo but by those who seek to expand their sphere of influence out of greed and insecurity. This is strange reasoning you have accusing the hen of being insecure when the wolf is at the door.
I am still unable to understand why a poll will lead to chaos.

No. Lets make a poll that which Language should be made national language. If people resort to violence, then I can say there is no unity among Indians. Its just a media poll.

Sorry, India has a lot of issues it needs to tackle than keep testing itself with suicidal polls to find out if it is united enough or not. As if the constitution, single army, representation in central govt, etc., etc., is not enough. If those are not enough to prove that we are united, then what makes you think making Hindi as national language will make us united? The Americans kicked out the British though from their country though they were true blood English speakers.

Again what does northern Indians being beautiful, taller, and superior in intelligence have to do with discussion.. Either we're talking about to entirely different subject matter.. Or clearly there is a massive inferiority complex that needs to be attended to..
Many south Indians have commented on this thread non of them have bought any of the invalid subjects you have including religion.. :what:

And i dont think anybody was talking about IMPOSITION here.. Mere natural advancement of a common national language

Sorry, India has a lot of issues it needs to tackle than keep testing itself with suicidal polls to find out if it is united enough or not. As if the constitution, single army, representation in central govt, etc., etc., is not enough. If those are not enough to prove that we are united, then what makes you think making Hindi as national language will make us united? The Americans kicked out the British though from their country though they were true blood English speakers.
That means india is not united. That is what I was saying. India is not united.

@Indrani

Tamil Nadu without any doubt is the traditional homeland of tamils and Tamil nadu joined a united india willingly. There is no questions about traditional tamil homeland in india. Every Tamil and non tamil in india knows this part of india is for tamils...

In SL the traditional homeland claim of tamils is the root of the problem. Unlike in India this is protested against by Sinhalese nationalists. There is a question of history and land area in SL.

I am not well versed about Sri Lankan history, so I really cannot comment on this issue in Sri Lanka.

what is this "some sort of flu",,,,remember no self medication :p:
btw was in b'lore for a week :D

fair n lovly phenomenon has been on desi psyche for long,,,i think it predates our advertisement industry

I have attempted several times to learn tamil with no good results.
may be you are a speaker of Sinhala,a non dravida one....
For us Malayalis,Tamil is the most easiest language to learn...
There is no need to learn it thoroughly..just for basic conversation and write....

These language issues are only raised by Politicos every now and then to stir sentiments. Tamil is one of the major languages of India and i don't see any threat to it atleast for another 200 years.
Of course a rational mind will say it is stupid to even think that tamil needs protection given that there are 8 million tamil speakers in the world. But i think it is more about an ego issue.
If tamils start giving the place for Hindi that they have been giving for English they might see it as being conquered.

And English is not English man's language at all. It is our langauge as well. majority of english speakers are from subcontinent.

I am still unable to understand why a poll will lead to chaos.

Because it is a sensitive issue and as everything in India will have political ramifications far beyond what you can imagine. I am surprised you live in India and are not acquainted with Indian sensitivities.

Because it is a sensitive issue and as everything in India will have political ramifications far beyond what you can imagine. I am surprised you live in India and are not acquainted with Indian sensitivities.
So Indians are not United. That is all.

@Indrani

We're still talking about language i presume not claims of homelands

Back
Top Bottom