What's new

Anti Hindi storm brewing in Tamilnadu

says a man who can't recognize Tamil and Kannada scripts...

does knowledge of a language script got any relevance to the issue debated ? As Jesus too spoke Tamil , then why should Tamil learn an inferior foreign lingo - Hindi or have it imposed upon them ?

Yep a small constituency. That is why I said a poll should be there in each state.

It cannot be a small constituency if you were abused in all 3 states you went to. Vote banks happen because they are a large constituency.

Also you must realize India is a union of states. Hindiwallahs did not conquer India for their fiefdom, nor is there any special merit associated with Hindi over any other languages.

You seem to bypass my question.. I'm not talking about ground realities as it stands.. IF hindi is the language of 70% of Indians, Would you object to it being made the national language ?

It is hypothetical, I'm asking it in the perspective of another scenario

Hindi is not the national language of India and I for one will oppose according the status of national language to Hindi

Hindi should be the national language BUT not in its current form. GoI should start slow but gradual process of removing as much as Persian and Arabic influence as possible and heavily Sanskritize it.

You seem to bypass my question.. I'm not talking about ground realities as it stands.. IF hindi is the language of 70% of Indians, Would you object to it being made the national language ?

It is hypothetical, I'm asking it in the perspective of another scenario

Since are are speaking of hypothetical situations, no I would not except in the case the 30% non-Hindi speakers are speakers of a native language.

Hindi should be the national language BUT not in its current form. GoI should start slow but gradual process of removing as much as Persian and Arabic influence as possible and heavily Sanskritize it.

They tried it but it has not worked with mostly Hindi speakers fawning over Urdu and neglecting their own language. Even Bollywood has moved in that direction. Hindi could have been the national language if the objective was to move towards Sanskrit as our eventual National language but I do not think that will work either.

There must be a poll that how many people are supporting Hindi as the National Language. If it is majority(>70%), then it should be done.

Why do you want to go there? Unless you do not like the current state of peace in India and want the country to descend into chaos.
Its just a poll. why it should lead to chaos ? This should be for all the languages.

Make Sinhala and Tamil compulsory in all schools of Srilanka...It will help the Tamils and Muslims to integrate more with Sinhalese and viceversa....its not a big deal to learn two languages along with English..
You will say, we start learning English at 6 and still struggle with that! And another language :|
I have attempted several times to learn tamil with no good results.

By the way, i get your point. actually gover has already started something like that where people are able to converse in 3 languages to a certian extent.

Its just a poll. why it should lead to chaos ? This should be for all the languages.

It is not just a poll. It is indication of Hindi chauvinism. You may as well have a poll for saying are North Indians more beautiful, taller, and superior in intelligence than other Indians. Let us have a poll to find that out.

It is not just a poll. It is indication of Hindi chauvinism. You may as well have a poll for saying are North Indians more beautiful, taller, and superior in intelligence than other Indians. Let us have a poll to find that out.
how u doing dum dum :D
btw fair n lovely breaking all sales record in south India too :D

does knowledge of a language script got any relevance to the issue debated ? As Jesus too spoke Tamil , then why should Tamil learn an inferior foreign lingo - Hindi or have it imposed upon them ?
Seriously? Did i just waste my time in PDF debating with this IDIOT?

What ?

If there is a conflict it will be because of massive insecurity you display in this post.. Why would a referendum lead to chaos ? It's just a call on opinion

Back
Top Bottom