What's new

Another wave of Anti-Pakistani campaign in Turkey brewing. This time, Ataturk and Nuclear Technology is being discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering. Have the Turks cooled down or is there a new wave of anti-Pakistani vitriol on social media?

This is an ongoing wave. If you simply search "Pakistanlılar" in twitter, it's filled with thousands of hate comments. Seems like some anti immigrant political parties are leading it.

Awesome man. I will be having a blast searching. I never knew the Turks had their own version of Golden Dawn. What a pleasant surprise.

@Hakikat ve Hikmet What is your take bro? Every country has right-wing elements. That should be no surprise to anyone. Why are we suddenly witnessing such a hateful demeanor from the Turkish right-wing elements against Pakistanis? Has this more to do with anti-Erdogan politics who is known for being pro-Pakistan or is this truly aimed at hating Pakistanis? Have the Turkish right-wingers always held a negative view of Pakistanis? Do the right-wing elements associate Pakistan with Islam and hence their outburst? Surely such a massive outburst of anti-Pakistan hatred cannot be solely attributed to a few crazy guys filming and sharing some videos. This is something entirely new for me. Especially since I recently bought a house in Turkey I might have to revisit my purchase decision.

Last edited:
Awesome man. I will be having a blast searching. I never knew the Turks had their own version of Golden Dawn. What a pleasant surprise.

@Hakikat ve Hikmet What is your take bro? Every country has right-wing elements. That should be no surprise to anyone. Why are we suddenly witnessing such a hateful demeanor from the Turkish right-wing elements against Pakistanis? Has this more to do with anti-Erdogan politics who is known for being pro-Pakistan or is this truly aimed at hating Pakistanis? Have the Turkish right-wingers always held a negative view of Pakistanis? This is something entirely new for me. Especially since I bought a house in Turkey I might have to revisit my purchase decision.

That HvH guy isn't Turkish but Pakistani. Not sure why he larps as such when its clearly obvious for everyone here.

That HvH guy isn't Turkish but Pakistani. Not sure why he larps as such when its clearly obvious for everyone here.

Are you an expert on right-wing Turkish affairs? Perhaps you can enlighten me. I am dumbstruck at the level of toxicity that doesn't seem to halt.

Anti-Islam
Anti-refugee
Wannabe white European

Sums it up

Right. So, it is related to anti-Islam feelings. I knew there were secular Turks opposed to Islam. What I didn't know is that these secular Turks despised other Islamic countries. That is a revelation. I always thought that due to close military relations and certain historical happenings Pakistan Turkey shared some friendly sentiments across the board.

Well, I have bad news for these secular Turks. The Western powers won't accept them in any shape or form.

Last edited:
This issue is not a secular vs. conservative or Muslims vs. Atheists thing. If you think so, it just shows that you haven't understood the Turkish society very well.

Explain to us. Why are your countrymen so angry at Pakistanis? The Twitter tirade hasn't stopped yet. Why share fake stories that aren't even related to Pakistan and present them to ridicule Pakistan? I am trying to understand the logic behind Turkish anger against the whole Pakistani nation. It is one thing to scold the perpetrators.

Last edited:
This issue is not a secular vs. conservative or Muslims vs. Atheists thing. If you think so, it just shows that you haven't understood the Turkish society very well.
That message wasn't in relation to what's going on right now specifically anyway

Right. So, it is related to anti-Islam feelings. I knew there were secular Turks opposed to Islam. What I didn't know is that these secular Turks despised other Islamic countries. That is a revelation. I always thought that due to close military relations and certain historical happenings Pakistan Turkey shared some friendly sentiments across the board.

Well, I have bad news for these secular Turks. The Western powers won't accept them in any shape or form.
An Islamaphobic is the same no matter where they are from

I always found the unusual unsubstantiated love for Turkey very odd. If you dig up my old messages you'll find this to be true.

This was never a people-people relationship, just purely a national strategic aim but foolish politicians and people inflated it.

It's about people being fed up of illegal immigrants who think the can act like they own the country.

It's about people being fed up of illegal immigrants who think the can act like they own the country.

Rubbish. Even if that is true you don't blantanly use rape and other horrific stories that took place in another country and label them against Pakistan. This is sinister. These are lies being spread with foul intentions. It has a totally different meaning. It is one thing to criticise illegal immigrants. It is an entirely different thing to start a campaign against a whole country.

Exactly.

This thread should be closed. The "right" opinion to have here is somewhere in the middle.

Pakistanis are placing the entirety of the blame on foreign powers and fake trends, and focusing more on the racism than the actual root problem (crime). It may be partially true but it's better to address the main problem.

Turkish people are going borderline genocidal with their sentiment which is of course crazy.

Truth is the Turkish people have a justified reason to be angered, they are facing valid problems which should be addressed and are a reality. But of course racism is not good or genocidal remarks etc.

That message wasn't in relation to what's going on right now specifically anyway

An Islamaphobic is the same no matter where they are from

I always found the unusual unsubstantiated love for Turkey very odd. If you dig up my old messages you'll find this to be true.

This was never a people-people relationship, just purely a national strategic aim but foolish politicians and people inflated it.

I understand Islamophobia and nationalism. Yet, even our worst enemies haven't resorted to such lies and vitriol as we have seen by our Turkish brothers and sisters. For years I have heard how military to military relations were supposed to be awesome. Historically we have supported each other such as during Turkish war of independence etc. I cannot place this sudden outburst of lies and hatred.

The Turks caught some perverts who took pictures/videos. Now they are cussing the entire Pakistani nation and digging up stories to retweet them. Even sharing stories that are totally unrelated to Pakistan. You don't cuss an entire nation when a handful of individuals resort to criminal acts.

Of course we can close this topic, but that won't answer some burning questions. That also won't make the Twitter tirade disappear. Wouldn't it be better if we tried to find answers to some uncomfortable questions?

Last edited:
guys this shouldnt be a topic
Twitter BS is usual dont let it meddle in diplomatic relations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom