What's new

Another foreigner's view about Pakistan, visited India earlier, Karl Rock

Your comments are based on feels. Vague assumptions based on videos. How sure are you? Can you do any back to back comparison? Such videos pop up every now and then. They pick sides for viewers since there are a lot of such videos, now it's time to play some politics. India has millions of tourist arrivals every year, that's not because we are worst place. I give two hoots about youtube videos. Positive or negative anything is from an economic perspective to appease the viewers.

That's not my point, the number of tourists visiting. Quality of any product is something you feel, observe and judge yourself, feel is important here.

Roads, Motorways are better here...you see and feel it, can't be denied, lots of other things which are of better quality in Pakistan than in India, have written it in previous comment.

So Pakistan is now covered with shitty strip malls filled with fast food places off the highway. The same ones that I avoid in the US. :cheesy::cheesy: :rolleyes:

Yes the lowest aspect of US culture is venerated in Pakistan.

When we have achieved total progress, we will be like the US. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

So Pakistan is now covered with shitty strip malls filled with fast food places off the highway. The same ones that I avoid in the US. :cheesy::cheesy: :rolleyes:

you avoid now because to ate too much before, dont you worry they will avoid after 20 years

That's not my point, the number of tourists visiting. Quality of any product is something you feel, observe and judge yourself, feel is important here.

Roads, Motorways are better here...you see and feel it, can't be denied, lots of other things which are of better quality in Pakistan than in India, have written it in previous comment.
Not true at all. It may have been true 10 years back but Quality of road index by World Economic Foum which measures quality of roads built in past 10 years ranked India better than Pakistan.

You could have been fooled to think it is Pakistan. Looks like a little america for sure.
It has both pros and cons. It may make some tourists feel at home but at the same time, they won't experience as much Pakistani culture especially on this sophisticated facility. We need to change the perception. It should not be necessary to go food streets to enjoy Lahori food...{I'm not a fan of food streets..I rather prefer Village (restaurant chain).

Quality of road index by World Economic Foum which measures quality

WEF doesn't measure it, they do some Executive Opinion Survey, lopsided most of the times, at random and with around 2000 people at the most. Check here, India is placed ahead of China in port infra, churlish and myopic at best.

Also Pakistan has started a new wave of infra development recently, many thousand kms of Motorways are in different stages of construction, many have been completed.

https://www.indexmundi.com/facts/indicators/IQ.WEF.PORT.XQ/rankings

It's more to do with the scale of population difference between India and Pakistan.

- Government price control on items like milk, all types means traders, producers in India will cut corners, in quality over quantity. They have to cater to a population which is 6.5 times higher than Pakistan.

- Generally speaking fruits, processed food, daily use biscuits, FMCG items are good quality in Pakistan compared to India, check the first video when Carl Rock said 'The beef burger here in Pakistan is closer to what you get in USA and Indian Mc. Donald was terrible...to get a neutral perspective.

- A few of my friends who have used Indian products are of the same view, Indian quality suffers compared to Pakistani products in general...due to a number of reasons, the huge market of 1.35 billion, class segregation, govt. control on prices and many more reasons.
Pathetic, you compare McD.... That garbage for a stand you are kidding me....

WEF doesn't measure it, they do some Executive Opinion Survey, lopsided most of the times, at random and with around 2000 people at the most. Check here, India is placed ahead of China in port infra, churlish and myopic at best.

Also Pakistan has started a new wave of infra development recently, many thousand kms of Motorways are in different stages of construction, many have been completed
India has constructed far more roads and expressways than Pakistan in recent years.
Not just that Pakistan railway network is decade's behind India in span

Pathetic, you compare McD.... That garbage for a stand you are kidding me....

It's not me it was Karl Rock, the visitor to India and Pakistan who compared it.

India has constructed far more roads and expressways than Pakistan in recent years.
Not just that Pakistan railway network is decade's behind India in span

It is not about the length of roads, obviously India is many a times bigger, it is about quality, maintenance and durability. India has no motorway system as well...expressways have different standards, not controlled and restricted movement and with other facilities as well.

It's not me it was Karl Rock, the visitor to India and Pakistan who compared it.

It is not about the length of roads, obviously India is many a times bigger, it is about quality, maintenance and durability. India has no motorway system as well...expressways have different standards, not controlled and restricted movement and with other facilities as well.
no worries. about comparison.
But one thing about India, the railways are good. Local airlines are top notch. Another thing I have loved hands down are getting lost in book stores - I mean for an academic, it is a treasure. Nothing wrong with the roads there given the population density; they dont compare to RSA standards either but for everything else not bad at all.
For eating, I had absolutely fantastic time. I would never venture into any fast food when there is tonnes of local choice. Just amazing - Delhi for Biryani and halal food; then Bombay for vegetarian and fish/seafood curries. Man, it spoilt the heck out of me. In fact loved Thumbs Up more than another drink.

For visiting Pak, man, get your consulate officials to do their work; i gave them papers, 1 week later nothing issues; it is like walking into a some dingy place not worthy of being called a consulate.

Overinflated. Nothing else. You don't know the level of Indian export of mangoes or rice.
I have seen Indian stores abroad, selling mangos on separate shelf and for higher price, labelled as "Pakistani" mango. There must be some reason!

Also I have heard that because India has better image abroad, so Pakistani rice is exported to UAE and there re-packaged as "Made in India" and exported to abroad. This rice story is hearsay, but mango story is my personal observation.

Another observation you will make is that all Indian stores sell Pakistani's masalas like "Shan", "National", "Habib", etc. Similarly try the taste of Pakistani achaar compared to Indian achaar sold out there.

Last edited:
I have seen Indian stores abroad, selling mangos on separate shelf and for higher price, labelled as "Pakistani" mango. There must be some reason!

Also I have heard that because India has better image abroad, so Pakistani rice is exported to UAE and there re-packaged as "Made in India" and exported to abroad. This rice story is hearsay, but mango story is my personal observation.
Sire... asked this question elsewhere, what is a good basmati brand to get?

The beef burger here in Pakistan is closer to what you get in USA and Indian Mc. Donald was terrible...to get a neutral perspective.
he said that because there aren't any beef burgers in indian mcdonalds , even mcdonalds serves chicken burger . He wasn't comparing beef burgers of the two countries

india may not have motorways but our new highways are not that bad , sure not as good as your motorways , but then majority of pakistanis don't use those motorways , majority travel by pakistani highways right ? as your motorways are access controlled

india's points are same as china's and what makes you think that it can't be ? sure their quantity might be much more than ours but the quality maybe similar , after all china is not an epitome of quality when it comes to construction

Back
Top Bottom