What's new

Another 5 Years wait for Indigenously-Built Tejas

Deficiency is not the same as failure. I agree that you're deficient in critical reasoning skills.

4 years for first flight and 6-7 years for FOC and Induction.
As you know MKII would not have prototype & directly have production variant.
Where you get from this false news.

On the topic every one knows that MK2 would take time of near 5 years what the sensationalized news, I thought it would be MK1

As you know MKII would not have prototype & directly have production variant.
Where you get from this false news.

On the topic every one knows that MK2 would take time of near 5 years what the sensationalized news, I thought it would be MK1

Which false news brother? :eek:

Yes, it is small

Elta 2032 vs RDY 2
LCA's radomme is bigger than Mirages. More peak power, better range

French vs Israeli. Feel free to post the minutiae of each one's EW suite. OTOH we have the word of a test pilot who does know.
thats not all LCA even has a better(90 degree off bore sight HMDS)than upgraded miraages

Deficiency is not the same as failure. I agree that you're deficient in critical reasoning skills.

How is it not a failure when it's obsolete at induction. That is why Indian AF bought only a few squadron for parade and training purposes. And they were forced to buy. Please read the article.

Another way of looking at it - In another 5 years we'll have a potent world class 4.5 generation fighter that will be mostly indigenous. By then our Arjun Tank too would have become a world class tank with an indigenous engine. Quite an achievement if you ask me.

In 5 years we WILL have.....Quite an ACHIEVEMENT if you ask..... Dear sir something that might or might not happen in future is not called an achievement.

So that's it?
BVR capability will be fixed once it gets its quartz radome built by Cobham (U.K). That is one delay that is not on us; and will be rectified before FOC, whether this December or not.
If that's your criteria for adjudging Tejas inferior than maybe even J-20 is inferior to Mig-21 BISON.

A bird in the hand | Business Standard Column

Again Will have etc...

After nose cone is fitted, LCA will be BVR capable before december.

WILL have BVR capability. I don't know and Indian officials don't seem confident too.

Dear Indian friends, let's face it; Tea Mk-1 has failed to achieve its benchmarks. And it came at a spectacular price in terms of money and time. It's OK, I don't blame you. You tried but developing an aircraft isn't easy. I'm sure your guys have learned from the experience, one of the aims of this program. Let's just accept the obvious, it is for all to see.

There will be deals. If India can get this plane inducted in 10 years, than it would be a great achievement.

I personally think India should buy something off the shelf and focus on AMCA.Get a equal partner, unlike FGFA, and design this plane from the beginning. This effort just make more sense. Why not focus on developing the next generation plane and buy current generation plane off the shelf.

Yes, it is small
But Mirage is also small & lethal

Elta 2032 vs RDY 2
Care to elaborate where Elta 2032 supersede RDY2 NOT RDY3

LCA's radomme is bigger than Mirages. More peak power, better range
Since when random is related to peak power ?

French vs Israeli. Feel free to post the minutiae of each one's EW suite. OTOH we have the word of a test pilot who does know.
Since it is Israeli automatically its good poor French
Stupid Indians paid $ 40 million a poop per aircraft but reject superior $ 26 million per piece brand new LCA
Neither you talk about MICA-IR
Btw how many flight hours in your belt.

In 5 years we WILL have.....Quite an ACHIEVEMENT if you ask..... Dear sir something that might or might not happen in future is not called an achievement.

Again Will have etc...

WILL have BVR capability. I don't know and Indian officials don't seem confident too.

Dear Indian friends, let's face it; Tea Mk-1 has failed to achieve its benchmarks. And it came at a spectacular price in terms of money and time. It's OK, I don't blame you. You tried but developing an aircraft isn't easy. I'm sure your guys have learned from the experience, one of the aims of this program. Let's just accept the obvious, it is for all to see.
but what i dont understand is why pakistanies are so happy about the fact that LCA is delayed in the first place ?

cause LCA is the last in the list of worries for PAF ....am i wrong ?

i know modsdont pay much heed to trolling done by many false flagging pakistani posters but give indians warnings evenif they joke about a pakistani fashion supermodel but then also there are many loopholesin pakistani air defnce among many other internal problems do yousee indians making trolling remarks or having surcastik fun from them ?

lets keep this forum healthy hope you sir understand what im saying thanks

I personally think India should buy something off the shelf and focus on AMCA. Get a equal partner, unlike FGFA, and design this plane from the beginning. This effort just make more sense. Why not focus on developing the next generation plane and buy current generation plane off the shelf.

We're focusing on building a world class aerospace ecosystem. Conceptualize, design and make in India. Sour grapes? :blah:

How is it not a failure when it's obsolete at induction. That is why Indian AF bought only a few squadron for parade and training purposes. And they were forced to buy. Please read the article.

There are certain roles that it cannot play. Hence it is deficient and not obsolete. I told you to work on your critical reasoning and language skills, didn't I?

Quite an achievement it will be. Ok now? :police:

After nose cone is fitted, LCA will be BVR capable before december.

So is the December version TEJAS mkI.1. Is India developing planes like developing software? Will the December TEJAS release will have a bunch of bug fixes?

please its a request to all my indian brothers and sisters dont answer back to false flagging trollers on this forum

Why the Air Force Has to Wait Another 5 Years for Indigenously-Built Tejas Fighter

NEW DELHI: It has been 32 years in the making but it will be least another five years before the indigenously-built fighter jet Tejas (Mark -II) can be deployed in a combat role, a top Indian Air Force official told NDTV.

This is bad news for India which was hoping to induct the Tejas in large numbers to make-up for its ageing fighter fleet. India will have to decommission about 14 Squadrons of MiG-21 and MiG-27 fighters by 2022.

Top IAF officials told NDTV that Tejas (Mark -II) will be fitted with the GE - 414 engine instead of the existing GE- 404 engine to give the aircraft more thrust. "But that would require major changes in the airframe, the lengthy of aircraft will have to increased, air intake vents of the engine re-designed -and ballast - or weight - added to tail section of existing airframe to stabilize the aircraft," the officer told NDTV.

related_shadow.png
The aircraft will also be fitted with an improved radar to give it the capability to take on targets that are beyond visual range (BVR). The IAF wants Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) Radars. The current version of the aircraft cannot fire missiles at BVR targets.

The Tejas (Mark -I) - the current version which doesn't meet Indian Air Force's combat requirements - is unlikely to get its crucial Final Operational Clearance (FOC) this December, as planned. "There are still some issues that need to sorted and the FOC will be delayed," the officer said.

Recently India opted to buy 36 - about two squadrons - French-built Rafale fighters to plug the growing gaps in capability created by aging and retiring jets. "It is a pragmatic decision" the Rafales will give the IAF some maneuvering room while the Tejas is further refined," the officer added.

Despite pressure to induct fighters in large numbers, the IAF plans to induct about 40 Tejas (Mark-I) fighters in the next few years and use it mainly for training purposes. "As we see it, it is better to wait and get a good fighter then going for Mark-I in its current state of development" the officer added.NEW DELHI: It has been 32 years in the making but it will be least another five years before the indigenously-built fighter jet Tejas (Mark -II) can be deployed in a combat role, a top Indian Air Force official told NDTV.

This is bad news for India which was hoping to induct the Tejas in large numbers to make-up for its ageing fighter fleet. India will have to decommission about 14 Squadrons of MiG-21 and MiG-27 fighters by 2022.

Top IAF officials told NDTV that Tejas (Mark -II) will be fitted with the GE - 414 engine instead of the existing GE- 404 engine to give the aircraft more thrust. "But that would require major changes in the airframe, the lengthy of aircraft will have to increased, air intake vents of the engine re-designed -and ballast - or weight - added to tail section of existing airframe to stabilize the aircraft," the officer told NDTV.

related_shadow.png
The aircraft will also be fitted with an improved radar to give it the capability to take on targets that are beyond visual range (BVR). The IAF wants Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) Radars. The current version of the aircraft cannot fire missiles at BVR targets.

The Tejas (Mark -I) - the current version which doesn't meet Indian Air Force's combat requirements - is unlikely to get its crucial Final Operational Clearance (FOC) this December, as planned. "There are still some issues that need to sorted and the FOC will be delayed," the officer said.

Recently India opted to buy 36 - about two squadrons - French-built Rafale fighters to plug the growing gaps in capability created by aging and retiring jets. "It is a pragmatic decision" the Rafales will give the IAF some maneuvering room while the Tejas is further refined," the officer added.
mark 2...right?

Dear Indian friends, let's face it; Tea Mk-1 has failed to achieve its benchmarks. And it came at a spectacular price in terms of money and time.

The benchmarks were rather high and so it is alright that we've built a deficient world class 4th generation fighter. As for the spectacular price, can you explain this? Read this article Broadsword: CAG report overlooks Tejas LCA’s many triumphs and specifically read the headline titled 'The cost-overrun myth' It states

As the graphic illustrates, the air force Tejas Mark I has so far cost Rs 7,490 crore, and is within its budget of Rs 7,965 crore.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom