What's new

Anniversary of US missile attack on an Iranian passenger plane

There were rumors that the crew shot down the Iranian passenger plane in celebration of 4th of July.

What was the reason given by the US government?

I know more about the Korean flight shot down by the Soviets - they claimed it was mistaken for a US spy plane.

May Allah Almighty rest their souls..... shooting down airliners.... bloody cowards.... reminds me of the Atlantique incident... where a airliner sized unarmed plane of PN was shot down by an indian fighter.... the indian pilot later got fried ...

What was the reason given by the US government?

I know more about the Korean flight shot down by the Soviets - they claimed it was mistaken for a US spy plane.

Well us government said their aegis cruiser could not distinguish an airbus with f-14 by the way the only way an f-14a can attack a ship is kamicaze attack

One dirty secret Americans has on this unfortunate incident is when USS Vincennes fired missile at Iran Air Flight 655 it was inside Iranian maritime territory.US govt covered it up and lied incident happened in International waters.
it was not a secret to anybody but USA senators who were lied by their defense minster at the time.
from the day one iran said that ship was in Iranian water and USA navy also knew it was in Iranian water and even they made a command to the captain of the Vincsense to leave Iranian water .

Then some bastards ( especially some Iranian members here ) come and wish for a good relationship with the US.

Germans killed 6 millions Jews. Israel-Germany relations are good now.
Britain killed thousands of Arabs, Africans and Indians. Their relations with these countries are good now.

You can't continue to live in the past.

One dirty secret Americans has on this unfortunate incident is when USS Vincennes fired missile at Iran Air Flight 655 it was inside Iranian maritime territory.US govt covered it up and lied incident happened in International waters.

It was a warning to Iran to end the war.

By killing innocents,What did those 10 Indians did to deserve such a fate???So much for the land of the free and the Home of the Brave.:tdown:

I don't condone what they did! I'm just stating the facts! They wanted to pressure Iran into accepting UN resolution 598, and therefore end the war.

Germans killed 6 millions Jews. Israel-Germany relations are good now.
Britain killed thousands of Arabs, Africans and Indians. Their relations with these countries are good now.

You can't continue to live in the past.

Churchill alone killed millions of Indians by starving them to death!

Living in the past is totally different with facing the fact that the US is our enemy .

I do believe that we'll never be able to trust the US .

History can give us the best lessons .

Almost half of Iranians died because of hunger during world war while our supplies were sent for British Army .

Around 1 million innocent people during 8 year war . Dozens of terrors and bombings .

Lots of sanctions on medical stuffs which shows their hostilities against our people not governors . How do you expect me to forget them and not live in the past .

I know , Iran is in a **** right now and our lives shitty as well but for God's sake think for a moment and read our history in the 20th century to see what they have done to us . If Germans killed Jews they apologized and paying them its price but what happened here ? They didn't bother to show us middle finger for all the troubles they gifted to Iranians .

I do agree with relation with other countries but believe me , The US , England and such countries don't deserve that .

Living in the past is totally different with facing the fact that the US is our enemy .

I do believe that we'll never be able to trust the US .

History can give us the best lessons .

If we insist on finding ourselves enemies we will never find peace! Need I remind you that Iraq, a country which we fought with for 8 years is now one of our closest friends? Need I remind you how many Palestinians, Lebanese, Sudanese, etc... volunteered to fight against us in the war with Iraq?!

I can assure you that U.S. did not kill as many Iranians as Saddam did, at least not directly!

If you wish not to be friendly towards a certain nation, that's alright, but it is not in our interest not to have any diplomatic relations with the U.S.; U.S. is a superpower whether some people like it or not, and enmity with this superpower has led our country which was well ahead of South Korea in terms of development (before the revolution) to lag behind and not be able to reach its full potential.

Diplomacy is not the about choices or likings, its about what you gain with whatever card you play and how you play it!

Lots of sanctions on medical stuffs which shows their hostilities against our people not governors . How do you expect me to forget them and not live in the past .

I know , Iran is in a **** right now and our lives shitty as well but for God's sake think for a moment and read our history in the 20th century to see what they have done to us . If Germans killed Jews they apologized and paying them its price but what happened here ? They didn't bother to show us middle finger for all the troubles they gifted to Iranians .

I do agree with relation with other countries but believe me , The US , England and such countries don't deserve that .

Effects of sanctions have been magnified because of mismanagement, but more importantly, sanctions are successful because our country is isolated, we are also too dependent on imports and corruption is at all time high.

About the voices in Iran that are afraid of better relations with the world, that's because sanctions have actually created a lucrative market for "some people" that's why they prefer the sanctions to remain!

If we insist on finding ourselves enemies we will never find peace! Need I remind you that Iraq, a country which we fought with for 8 years is now one of our closest friends? Need I remind you how many Palestinians, Lebanese, Sudanese, etc... volunteered to fight against us in the war with Iraq?!

I can assure you that U.S. did not kill as many Iranians as Saddam did, at least not directly!

If you wish not to be friendly towards a certain nation, that's alright, but it is not in our interest not to have any diplomatic relations with the U.S.; U.S. is a superpower whether some people like it or not, and enmity with this superpower has led our country which was well ahead of South Korea in terms of development (before the revolution) to lag behind and not be able to reach its full potential.

Diplomacy is not the about choices or likings, its about what you gain with whatever card you play and how you play it!

Our relations with mentioned countries is based on mutual respect but how can you expect such relationship with them except giving up ?

Back
Top Bottom