What's new

Anna Hazare wins, Parliament passes resolution on Lokpal Bill

hmm..congress has 8 members and BJP 5..here is the link RSK -> Forwards: Members of Standing Committee on Lokpal Bill : 20% members yet to be nominated ! (your link not working)
Fixed the link.

read back all these comments of yours after few months when we will have strong lokpal and minimum corruption in India..you will feel ashamed of your cynical behaviour
For people like you, there is a word in Oxford Dictionary. It is called 'naivete'. Look it up.

Corruption is not a legal problem that it can be fixed by having more laws. It is a social problem. Some of the most 'honest' nations don't have nearly as many laws as we in India have.

My bike stopped by cop... I take my wallet.. give Rs.50.. he says...
"No.. 50 for me and 50 for inspector sahab.."
Then I give him Rs.100

My car stopped by cop... I take my wallet.. give Rs.100.. he says...
"No.. 100 for me, 100 for inspector sahab, and 100 for JanLokPal.."
Then I give him Rs.300

Problem lies only on BOLD PART I give

Corruption in India is mutual. No one (even Anna) can eradicate it.

Indian Dowry system = Indian Corruption. :devil:

Sorry fellows :cry:
The citizen's charter has been proposed to tackle the menace at small level(included in 3 demands by Anna) Please update yourself! If the law is introduced..any police/government officer will think 100 times before demanding a bribe

Fixed the link.

For people like you, there is a word in Oxford Dictionary. It is called 'naivete'. Look it up.

Corruption is not a legal problem that it can be fixed by having more laws. It is a social problem. Some of the most 'honest' nations don't have nearly as many laws as we in India have.

you are highly misinformed. You give bribe either by choice or by force. as poor people can't afford the bribe (by choice) that laws will empowered them to take action against corrupt babus. That is also implied on all the Indians.

Fixed the link.

I hope you know what provisions lokpal bill has in it..I have gone through a long pamphlet of it and understood the differences between the JanLokpal and the govt's lokpal,maybe you need to as well..
You should make comments when you know about the deep insights of it.

The citizen's charter has been proposed to tackle the menace at small level(included in 3 demands by Anna) Please update yourself! If the law is introduced..any police/government officer will think 100 times before demanding a bribe

lol @ Citizen's charter. The same citizens who are eager to bribe anybody with their money/influence to get their papers passed before anyone else?

Go and watch how 20's of our citizens pull each other to get seat on a empty bus with 50+ capacity:rofl:

Firstly come up with a bill which can change our Citizen's ATTITUDE! Thats my Point!

Folks if you feel that Lokpal bill will be the solution to corruption that is rampant in our country then you are sadly mistaken...this is just the start of the fight ..But...what this moment has done is & this is the most important part in my opinion ,

Instead of 'Chalta hain bhai' type of attitude , people for the first time has Hope that something can come out good....Remember the process has to start somewhere even if it is flawed..Lokpal might be flawed when it is implemented for the first time - but it will get improved eventually over a period of time...If you look at the history - every democratic nation has faced this process of growing up...all i can say and i am quoting some member from PDF (forgot the name) - ' India and Indians have become a bit more mature and for this we have to thank Anna"...

Jai Hind...Victory to the people............

Firstly come up with a bill which can change our Citizen's ATTITUDE! Thats my Point!

You are not making any sense......Instead of ranting out what can go wrong and bringing out problems ...you can atleast appreciate that for the first time a person (Anna) has stood out..and tried to do something ...you can choose to go rabid again , pointing out problems OR choose to be optimistic and be practical that 'this process as any other - will take its own time to grow up with its own challenges' - Indian polictics has definetly grown due to this people movement.

Just came back from the Ramlila maidan..awesome! but the war is still half won.
Will be going again to see him break his fast..will be an awesome moment :D

Good to know that people who are active on internet are actually participating there.

Grats to India, we are still being hijacked by sons of Japan and America. This is India's first step out of being a colonial slave state while we're still bound by chains.

You are not making any sense......
Some while ago, Gandhi and Gandhi-ism also were senseless for many young Indians. I really appreciate Annaji for reclaiming Gandhi-ism in India.

Instead of ranting out what can go wrong and bringing out problems ...you can atleast appreciate that for the first time a person (Anna) has stood out..and tried to do something ...
The only different between you and me is, you satisfied with advancement and I'm MORE CONCERNED about achievement.. a real remedy for our nation's cancer (corruption). It's like you're cheering for blood transfusion of a leukemia patient and I'm insisting for a stem cell (root cause of the disease) transplantation.

...you can choose to go rabid again , pointing out problems OR choose to be optimistic and be practical that 'this process as any other - will take its own time to grow up with its own challenges'

and you can choose to end up with celebration OR choose to take this movement to next level "root out corruption from each and every citizen of India"

Indian polictics has definetly grown due to this people movement.
The only thing I'm agreeing with you :tup:

if it was up to me i'd create tough anti corruption laws with a anti corruption agency whose job is to be a watchdog and prosecute the corrupt and i mean everybody police, officers from the military,bureaucrats, ministers, etc EVERYTHING the agency would be at the federal level also but w.e it will work out hopefully

go Anna we are with you! :D

As I said earlier, the fuel for Anna's movement is ignorance. The Standing Committee (on Personnel, Public Grievances and Law and Justice), to which the resolution has been forwarded and which is already considering the Lokpal Bill (not Janlokpal Bill) currently consists of 25 members with 13 members from UPA (8 alone from INC) and Manu Singvi of Congress as chairman. BJP has 5 members in it.

Parliament of India

The Committee apparently has 3 months to finish their 'consideration'.

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

If that is how you spell PRACTICAL, then yes.

Seriously. Did you even follow what happened today in parliament. The resolution has been passed and MMS himself had written a letter to Anna Hazzare that the house supports his three demands. The only person who is against it seem to be RJD which will be represented by Lalu Prasad Yadav. Both Congress and BJP have pretty much made their stand clear. Also standing committee is an advisory committee and therefore the bill presented by them will not be binding.

And thats how I spell Cynical....

Fixed the link.

Lol...

Corruption is not a legal problem?

What is rioting? Legal problem, social problem or both?

What is corruption? Legal problem, social problem or both?

And whats up with the attitude?

:blink:

lol @ Citizen's charter. The same citizens who are eager to bribe anybody with their money/influence to get their papers passed before anyone else?

Go and watch how 20's of our citizens pull each other to get seat on a empty bus with 50+ capacity:rofl:

The papers would pass easily if the officers would do their job without taking a bribe. You don't give bribe you will be told to come the next day, than the day after that, and again and again till the time you succumb to give a bribe. What other choice do you have?

Now you will have. You'll have Lokpal.

Back
Top Bottom