What's new

Anna Hazare released from jail after India-wide protests, begins fasting

Jan Lokapl Bill

• Total voters
My special thanks to our media for helping this movement reach masses throughout the time. Especially IBN7 and Times Now.

The India Against Corruption community on Facebook had just around 18,000 followers till 4 days back. Today it has crossed the 1,72,000 mark.
Incredible.

Does it cost you something to be realistic?

I am realistic and you are being pessimistic. This movement ,may/may not completely root out corruption in India. But what is wrong in giving a try ? I'd rather fail trying something rather than not trying at all.

Lol. If EVMs can be rigged, then the Lokpal can also be manipulated. And here I was thinking that you were being optimistic

No because the Lokpal eventually even if it files a case against a politician it has to stand scrutiny in a court of law. And I am realistic.
This will not be a case of a firing squad putting two bullets in a politican alleged to be corrupt.

Did he not support the congress when they contested elections under the Federation Scheme during British rule?

Thats what Baba Ramdev is doing - the role of Congress during the Freedom Struggle.

Because your comments seem to be anti-congress rather than anti-corruption. It seems that you would be happy if the congress govt fell, never mind the corruption level continuing in our country.

That is your perception and I cant think for you. But it goes without saying that CONgress are the biggest practioners of graft in India since Independence and I would be happy to see this Govt go away for a variety of reasons.

This is history in the making...if all this happens and the Lokpal bill is passed the future of India will change tremendously.Let's support this..i am heading to Jantar Mantar tomorrow with my colleagues.

This is history in the making...if all this happens and the Lokpal bill is passed the future of India will change tremendously.Let's support this..i am heading to Jantar Mantar tomorrow with my colleagues.

Well this would be a second chapter of the history in making. The first as is widely believed was the RTI act. Hopefully the Lokpal bill also makes it way into the law books this time.

Well this would be a second chapter of the history in making. The first as is widely believed was the RTI act. Hopefully the Lokpal bill also makes it way into the law books this time.

This bill has to be passed crores of people are on the streets to protest.....this can't be stopped now.

This bill has to be passed crores of people are on the streets to protest.....this can't be stopped now.

Public pressure needs to mount for this bill to pass. Thats why I said this is just a beginning. I quote from Wiki on history of Lokpal bill.

After 42 years the lokpal bill is still pending in India. The first Lokpal Bill was passed in the 4th Lok Sabha in 1969 but could not get through in Rajya Sabha, subsequently, Lokpal bills were introduced in 1971, 1977, 1985, 1989, 1996, 1998, 2001, 2005 and in 2008, yet they were never passed and its pending

Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Friday said it was a "shame" that respected Gandhian Anna Hazare had to resort to fasting to protest against deep- rooted corruption in the country.

New Delhi: As the untimely death of two persons with alleged links to 2G scam raised questions, the Union Home Ministry asked Mumbai and Delhi Police to provide security to seven people who have given "confessional" statements in the case.

Sadhick Batcha(30), a close aide of former Union Telecom Minister A Raja, died in Chennai last month under mysterious circumstances while 30-year-old Deepak Pushpanathan, Raja's wife's cousin, died on Wednesday. Deepak was working with Etisalat DB, a firm under the scanner in connection with the 2G spectrum scam.

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

CWG: Court dismisses bail plea of Bhanot and Verma

Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Friday said it was a "shame" that respected Gandhian Anna Hazare had to resort to fasting to protest against deep- rooted corruption in the country.

Behati ganga me sab haath dhone aa jate hain.

The best thing with this Fast is that opposition and opportunistic parties did not get a damn out of this and Congress lost its face..
What an outcome...:yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom