What's new

Anna Hazare released from jail after India-wide protests, begins fasting

Jan Lokapl Bill

• Total voters
kkr-chennai-3.jpg

Latest news: the deadlock might be over soon.......keep eyes on TV screen............

I see some naysayers about this bill. I would like to know why those members here oppose enactment of this bill? Your side of the story?

I too am. But nothing wrong in Hoping and doing you bit in making this a success. Or does it cost you something ?

Does it cost you something to be realistic?

And you think the EVM's cant be rigged to favour a person ?

Ok even then lets assume he wins, with one vote what can he do ? And if he becomes politician his agitations will be easily given a political flavour and suppressed.

Lol. If EVMs can be rigged, then the Lokpal can also be manipulated. And here I was thinking that you were being optimistic.

And oh BTW, did Gandhiji contest any elections to fight the British ?

Did he not support the congress when they contested elections under the Federation Scheme during British rule?

What makes you think I am not ?

Because your comments seem to be anti-congress rather than anti-corruption. It seems that you would be happy if the congress govt fell, never mind the corruption level continuing in our country.

I see some naysayers about this bill. I would like to know why those members here oppose enactment of this bill? Your side of the story?

There are some serious concerns about the bill. When we talk about 'prominent people' from civil society taking up the role of Lokpal, we have no idea who they are, and the common man has NO SAY in selecting that person. What if that prominent person is also corrupt? What if an Arundhati Roy (extremely unpopular i assume) s given a membership of Lokpal committee?

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/jan-lokpal-bill-undermines-democracy-experts/148609-3.html

Secondly, the process that Anna is taking towards implementation of this bill is nothing short of blackmail. I'd say more but things have been put quite eloquently here:

Of the few, by the few

Back
Top Bottom