What's new

Anna Hazare released from jail after India-wide protests, begins fasting

Jan Lokapl Bill

• Total voters
Not everyone is brainwashed with this movement you know. You can label anyone that doesn't agree with you as an agent of the congress, but that just shows your own inherent weaknesses.

You might be nihilistic to dismiss everything with a chalta hai attitude. But not everyone.

Yes, what we have is a democracy with a freedom of expression. I might not agree with Arundhati Roy but I will defend her right to voice her opinion.

And so is Anna Hazare. But while that bia.tch wanted to break up India, Anna wants to remove corruption from India.

BTW, thanx for mentioning Arundhati Roy. I believe the govt should treat this blackmail by Anna Hazare the same way it treats Arundhati Roy. Just ignore them.

While Arundati did not have the support of the masses, Anna has. Just remove your blinders and see the news channels on the surge of support for India.

As as far as media reports go, the CONgress is far from ignoring this. Infact it is trying everything in the book to discredit this which it did not in the case of Roy. This itself shows the Govt is threatened by this movement but trying its best not to show it outside.

You might be nihilistic to dismiss everything with a chalta hai attitude. But not everyone.

I'm not nihilist, I'm practical. I do not let my emotions get the better of me, unlike quite a few people here.

While Arundati did not have the support of the masses, Anna has. Just remove your blinders and see the news channels on the surge of support for India.

Great. Anna Hazare has support, you say? Tell him to stand in elections then. A bunch of publicity hungry celebrities and brainwashed youth do not represent the support of the masses. Do you know who represent the masses? Our elected representatives, the same ones who YOU sent to the Parliament by voting for them.

As as far as media reports go, the CONgress is far from ignoring this. Infact it is trying everything in the book to discredit this which it did not in the case of Roy. This itself shows the Govt is threatened by this movement but trying its best not to show it outside.

I'm not here to discuss the congress or it's alleged actions. We were discussing the Lokpal bill and ways to fight corruption. Lets stick to that.

Go Mr. Hazare! India needs this.:tup: Its been 42 years since the demand to appoint Ombudsman was put forward in the parliament. :hitwall:

Tell him to stand in elections then

I can see your futile fight here.

Do you know that he has declined any post, be it political or civil?
If no, why come up with nonsensical stuff?
If Gandhi has set a succesful pattern of Anshans-Satyagrah-Dandi marches, whats your problem with Anna?
You are swimming against the current.

Good try and final push by Hazare but I dont see this going anywhere.

I'm not nihilist, I'm practical. I do not let my emotions get the better of me, unlike quite a few people here.

I too am. But nothing wrong in Hoping and doing you bit in making this a success. Or does it cost you something ?

Great. Anna Hazare has support, you say? Tell him to stand in elections then. A bunch of publicity hungry celebrities and brainwashed youth do not represent the support of the masses. Do you know who represent the masses? Our elected representatives, the same ones who YOU sent to the Parliament by voting for them.

And you think the EVM's cant be rigged to favour a person ?

Let me give you an example. 2009 Elections, Sivaganga constituency, the candidate P Chidambaram. Initial result Chidu lost by about 10 K votes. Within Half an hour 're-count' was arranged and he emerged 'victor' by 4 K votes. Thats the sham of a democracy in which you expect this man to compete and win.

Ok even then lets assume he wins, with one vote what can he do ? And if he becomes politician his agitations will be easily given a political flavour and suppressed.

And oh BTW, did Gandhiji contest any elections to fight the British ?

I'm not here to discuss the congress or it's alleged actions. We were discussing the Lokpal bill and ways to fight corruption. Lets stick to that.

What makes you think I am not ?

Back
Top Bottom