What's new

Ancient Persian religion on the decline in Pakistan

For some reason Iranians Parsi never use the word Parsi, they say something like zotush or something

@vsdoc since there is effectively no PM system on this site, may I ask a couple questions of you?

why do you keep getting yourself banned here and other forums? I understand your concern and desire to keep the Zoroastrian faith alive in its native land. that is noble enough. but what do you keep doing that inflames others and causes you to get infractions? perhaps a softer approach would be better. even if you do the bare minimum doesn't your faith ultimately leave it to Allah/Ahura Mazda/Ishvar to 'revert' them as you say, if that is His will?

less personally, was also wondering about the languages of Parsis in the subcontinent. i've read about Parsi Gujarati which uses the gujarati script to write mostly ancient persian words. is it something akin to shoodh hindi involving more sanskrit and less arabic than urdu, or is it pure old persian just written in this script? also, what was the motivation for choosing that rather than the avestan or old persian alphabet? gujarati script is quite beautiful and fascinating in my opinion, looks elegant almost reminiscent of the brahmi script from vedic times. but wouldn't you want a script that's completely authentic and faithful to the original scriptures to preserve your written traditions, or is the lenience exercised because of its indo-aryan roots?

also, perhaps a bit of a stretch to ask, but would you know whether the Parsis of Sindh have similarly held on to their ancient language, and whether they use the perso-arabic script to write it or some non semitic script whether avestan/pahlavi or other alphabet. do the parsi communities on both sides of the border still interact and keep contact, apart from when theyre abroad, as they did pre-partition?

thanks in advance. hope you restrain yourself so as to not keep getting banned, but continue to evoke curiousity about the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom