What's new

Ancient Persian religion on the decline in Pakistan

There are different claims for the origin of Zoroaster, from southern Afghanistan as far away as southern Russia, which would make Zoroastrian alien to Iran.

Zarathushtra was born in Iran.

And Zoroastrianism was no new bolt from the blue faith.

It was a continuation and evolution of more ancient Persian faiths and theology.

There are many claims. The most popular (besides the obvious Persian one) is that he was Byzantine.

Minorities are doing a fast runner from this land , even those who are well off and are not effected from the crises do not want their kids to stay here more , no matter how much they love their country.

Minorities are doing a fast runner from this land , even those who are well off and are not effected from the crises do not want their kids to stay here more , no matter how much they love their country.

Parsis are extremely loyal and patriotic and grateful people.

They already lost one homeland.

They would not leave the other lightly.

Zarathushtra was born in Iran.

That is in dispute. There are many claims and, as I noted, some stretch as far away as Russia.

And Zoroastrianism was no new bolt from the blue faith.

It was a continuation and evolution of more ancient Persian faiths and theology.

Zoroaster jettisoned most of the indigenous gods and elevated Mazda as the only 'real' god. Thi was one of the earliest (the earliest?) case of monotheism, where the other deities were reduced to 'demon' status. Zoroastrianism grew through a mixture of assimilating new ideas while suppressing others. Like all religions, it spread through a mixture of conquest, example and convenience.

Most Parsis are leaving Pakistan and India for economic reasons. They move to the West.
The percentage decline of Parsis in India is similar to that in Pakistan.

yes they are , my school was a parsi one of the oldest in karachi .. i have been with them for 10 or so years so understand the kind of people they are ... as for not leaving , they are already gone

yes they are , my school was a parsi one of the oldest in karachi .. i have been with them for 10 or so years so understand the kind of people they are ... as for not leaving , they are already gone

You and Developer are probably from the same school. :)

If they are gone, they would not have gone happily or lightly.

And most would have gone to the West.

I would be very surprised if any if at all came to India.

Most Parsis are leaving Pakistan and India for economic reasons. They move to the West.
The percentage decline of Parsis in India is similar to that in Pakistan.

The Parsis who have left India have left for reasons of career and economics. Just as I did (but I'm not Parsi). Can't say the same for Pakistan. Though they are part of the economic cream of Pakistan, there are other reasons for their departure. Ask somebody from Karachi about that. Like Pak-Marine for instance. Even I was able to help some to come to 'Maple-Land'. As well as some from the Christian community. People I'd worked with. I know something about that.

BVS.

Pakistani Parsis are an affluent, urban, but very closed, community. I doubt they would have encountered much religious discrimination in their educated, urban circles. They would leave for the same reason many Muslim Pakistanis leave for the West: deteriorating quality of life and economic opportunities within Pakistan, combined with a dismal political scene challenging even the most sanguine of optimists.

imo.. a big NO!. Pakistan by nature is an Islamic Republic, yet doesn't HATE any other religion, sans Hinduism (they even support Sikhs, the one who ought to be ..... for ever!!).

Unlike India, no one can laugh at or question fundementalists. But their designs prove to be a GOOD PART OF WORLD WHICH CAN NURTURE ALL RELIGIONS.

If Political, Economical & Defensive turmoil of Pakistan ends after some years (if not decades), we can witness a new face of Pakistan.

PEACE!

It breaks my heart to see the diverse religious fabric of Pakistan being destroyed brick by brick. I was born and raised in karachi and enjoyed the rich tapestry of Religious and Ethnic diversity of a very cosmopolitan town of karachi.

it hurts to see that diversity being destroyed. In college ( St. Patrick's College ) I had a Jewish, a Hindu and many Parsi and Christian friends and it seemed quite normal. Today the young Karachi kids don't have that kind of exposure, which is a shame.

And most would have gone to the West.

I would be very surprised if any if at all came to India.

Most parsis have moved to the west Not sure why would they move to India since being a westerner one can littraly operate all over the world wo any hassles Also the migrations we had in this region since last few centuries i think settling in this region is becoming a pain.

Heard you are virbajiete too ! i am also an ex virbajiete - Raza shah

Back
Top Bottom