What's new

"Ancient India" was in Pakistan region, not present-day India.

dont want to make you feel stupid, but your not making it very difficult, IVC traders went to mesopotamia nd phoenecia

"About 2000 B.C. it would have been possible to travel from Sutkagen-dot near the shores of the Arabian Sea over 300 miles west of Karachi (in Baluchistan) to the village of Rupar near the foot of the Simla hills - a distance of 1000 miles and to see on all sides men living in various degrees the same mode of life, making the same kind of pots and tools and ornaments and possibly administered by the same government.

"It will be observed that this great stretch of country coincides very nearly with the present Pakistan, and for a significant reason: Pakistan, like the Indus Civilization, belongs essentially to the vast fertile valley of the Indus and its tributaries, sheltered by hills, sea and desert from its less favoured neighbours save where in the Punjab, the northern plains continuously fringe the foot-hills of the Himalayas. The Indus Civilization can thus be claimed in a real sense as a pre-historic prototype of Pakistan.

"Within this immense territory, archaeologists have found no fewer than thirty-seven town or village sites (tells) representing this civilization, and many more un-doubtedly await discovery." (Pakistan before the Aryans, By Sir Mortimer Wheeler).

Ancient Mesopotamian texts speak of trading with at least two seafaring civilizations - Makkan and Meluha - in the neighborhood of India in the third millennium B.C. This trade was conducted with real financial sophistication in amounts that could involve tons of copper. The Mesopotamians speak of Meluha as an aquatic culture, where water and bathing played a central role. One of its most well-known structures is the Great Bath of Mohenjo-daro. A number of Indus Valley objects have been found buried with Mesopotamians.

Nice one. Do you have a link or referance?

come back when you can refute it, till then ill keep denying harrapa and mohenjadaro are in PAKISTAN...lol
there was no pakistan before 1947 ,no mention in anywhere around the world in any history book or anywhere. I can refute you but i don't believe in fantasies.

If you believe you are indians then good ,suppose you atlast you guys came to your senses and disregarding two nation stupid theory.

All you can do is bad mouth when nothing left ,it's ok to accept defeat and move on.
just stating the obvious, come back when you have read the 'crap' article and bring your refutations. dont shoot the messenger, im just quoting an emminent scholar with decades of research in indology and about 30 books on the subject....

Well let's see if any Indian can come forward and challenge this with hard facts rather then insecure one liners.

I have noticed the most petty and irrelevant to the topic arguments by the bhartis.

there was no pakistan before 1947 ,no mention in anywhere around the world in any history book or anywhere. I can refute you but i don't believe in fantasies.

If you believe you are indians then good ,suppose you atlast you guys came to your senses and disregarding two nation stupid theory.

Is this your best counter argument?,

another bum with one liners, refute the crap article then. i think its indians with an identity crisis considering you have to borrow your countrys name from your colonial masters

put this in your pipe and smoke it.....

Judging from the dispersal of Indus civilization artifacts, the trade networks, economically, integrated a huge area, including portions of Afghanistan, the coastal regions of Persia, northern and western India, and Mesopotamia. There is some evidence that trade contacts extended to Crete and possibly to Egypt.

There was an extensive maritime trade network operating between the Harappan and Mesopotamian civilizations as early as the middle Harappan Phase, with much commerce being handled by "middlemen merchants from Dilmun" (modern Bahrain and Failaka located in the Persian Gulf). Such long-distance sea trade became feasible with the innovative development of plank-built watercraft, equipped with a single central mast supporting a sail of woven rushes or cloth.

Indus Valley Civilization, Mohenjo Daro, Harappan Culture - Crystalinks
Here, digest this...
Cambridge Journals Online - Bulletin of the School of Oriental and African Studies - Abstract - A <i>Periplus</i> of Magan and Meluḫḫa

Also, harappans must have used aerial route to trade with Mesopotamian...

Todays pakistan has a lot of historical importance ...there is no doubt about it . lot of activity has happened prior to invasion of arabs ..But either you chose or forced to choose alien way of life which is unfamiliar to native Indians ..Todays pakistan has stopped its spiritual journey by force or choice in Islam and people of this part of indus river are continuing their journey ..So you may be an offspring of Indias rich culture but you are not the successor ..you are now an expansion of arab ideology ..so just be an arab as they are your spirituak masters ..hats off to arabs for their success in this culturally rich part of earth

invasion of arabs influence in the scheme of things in the thousands of years of IVC history is negligible... i think you will find bharatis are the offspring of IVC get your facts right.

you earlier posted no harrapan artefacts were found in mesopotamia, made a joke of it and in typical bharati fashion, lots of exclamation marks, capital letters to over emphasize a pathetic response, here is the refutation and you havent responded. sir mortimer wheler is one of the greatest indologists in history who spent of his life excavating and discovering IVC i have yet to read a coherent tangible counter argument after i made a mockery of your post?? please respond to your original post about harrappan artefacts in mesopotamia

"About 2000 B.C. it would have been possible to travel from Sutkagen-dot near the shores of the Arabian Sea over 300 miles west of Karachi (in Baluchistan) to the village of Rupar near the foot of the Simla hills - a distance of 1000 miles and to see on all sides men living in various degrees the same mode of life, making the same kind of pots and tools and ornaments and possibly administered by the same government.

"It will be observed that this great stretch of country coincides very nearly with the present Pakistan, and for a significant reason: Pakistan, like the Indus Civilization, belongs essentially to the vast fertile valley of the Indus and its tributaries, sheltered by hills, sea and desert from its less favoured neighbours save where in the Punjab, the northern plains continuously fringe the foot-hills of the Himalayas. The Indus Civilization can thus be claimed in a real sense as a pre-historic prototype of Pakistan.

"Within this immense territory, archaeologists have found no fewer than thirty-seven town or village sites (tells) representing this civilization, and many more un-doubtedly await discovery." (Pakistan before the Aryans, By Sir Mortimer Wheeler).

Ancient Mesopotamian texts speak of trading with at least two seafaring civilizations - Makkan and Meluha - in the neighborhood of India in the third millennium B.C. This trade was conducted with real financial sophistication in amounts that could involve tons of copper. The Mesopotamians speak of Meluha as an aquatic culture, where water and bathing played a central role. One of its most well-known structures is theGreat Bath of Mohenjo-daro. A number of Indus Valley objects have been found buried with Mesopotamians.

you earlier posted no harrapan artefacts were found in mesopotamia, made a joke of it and in typical bharati fashion, lots of exclamation marks, capital letters to over emphasize a pathetic response, here is the refutation and you havent responded. sir mortimer wheler is one of the greatest indologists in history who spent of his life excavating and discovering IVC i have yet to read a coherent tangible counter argument after i made a mockery of your post?? please respond to your original post about harrappan artefacts in mesopotamia
Do not confuse "harappan place" to "harappan civilization" as indus/saraswati valley civilization was called (mistakenly) after discovery in 1920... There is no proof whatsoever that any artifact from "harappa place" is there in mesopotamia.. but there is plenty of artifacts from saraswati civilization which probably came from lothal, in present day india. Add to that mesopotamian seals have been found only in Lothal and Kalibagan in India, shows that trade center was in India..

Ancient Mesopotamian texts speak of trading with at least two seafaring civilizations - Makkan and Meluha - in the neighborhood of India in the third millennium B.C. This trade was conducted with real financial sophistication in amounts that could involve tons of copper. The Mesopotamians speak of Meluha as an aquatic culture, where water and bathing played a central role. One of its most well-known structures is theGreat Bath of Mohenjo-daro. A number of Indus Valley objects have been found buried with Mesopotamians.
Very educating thanks.

Back
Top Bottom