What's new

"Ancient India" was in Pakistan region, not present-day India.

Pakistan was but a small part of Ancient India.

nobody is interested in your one liners unless you back it with up something till then please stay away from this thread

:D . And that ends the thread. No more propaganda and fake facts anymore. Ha ha ha.

this is British India, you had no part to play, why are you riding on the tailcoats of your colonial masters? the british invade and colonise the indian subcontinent and you inherit by default and lay claim to this vast expanse...gimme a break and gtfoh

@Whirling_dervesh. Read the comments by Indian's here. From experiance they follow the typical trend. Broadly there are two responses informed by either the poster being 'dumb' or intentional duplicity.

(i) That Pakistan broke off India in 1947.

(ii) Any historical mention of 'India' was in referance to today's India.

(iii) Geographic India and political India are merged by Indian's to create this false notion of India having been there since time began when the actuall reality is India is one day younger then Pakistan. Bharat and Pakistan republics came in existance in August 1947.

The fact that prior to 1947 was a colony called 'British India' from which to have evolved Bharat, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Myanmar [ Burma ] is lost on dumb posters and others use that as a wordlplay to create illusion of 'Bharat' having a existance prior to 1947. Bharat and Pakistan had equal existance as they both were in the embryonic stage within the womb of British colony in thegeograhic sub continient.

At a intellectuel level I think we have a solid cogent argument but we face the real problem of centuries of inertia most of it coming from western writing, the British Indian history and finally our singualr failure post 1947 to develop a solid historical base for Pakistan. It is as if we are afraid of saying 'Pakistan' with referance to any history pre 1947. The reality is not many countries existed in nthe past but that does not stop for example the Afghans referring to a even in 500ad and using the name Afganistan.

I have struggled with this problem in differant fora and whilst I can articulate a fifinally prepared response but that entails a long drawn out discussion with the Indian's normally setting of smokescreen to make the task harder.The shortest sharpest response that I have come down is as follows.

The name Alex has been around for millenia. If you run into a Alexander today that does not mean that person is Alexander the Great or Alexander Fleming. Over the millenia Alexander has been used but we all know it cannot have been the same Alexander.

In the same way if you look at the name 'India' it has been used over the millenia but it's meaning has differant. Over time it settled for what we now call India. This is like the way Asia has been around but what it conveyed has gradually changed. This often happens witth words and is called linquistic drift.

Drift (linguistics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of continent name etymologies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The word Asia originated from the Ancient Greek word "Ἀσία",[7] first attributed to Herodotus (about 440 BCE) in reference to Anatolia or to the Persian Empire, in contrast to Greece and Egypt. It originally was just a name for the east bank of the Aegean Sea, an area known to the Hittites as Assuwa. In early Classical times, the Greeks started using the term "Asia" to refer to the whole region known today as Anatolia (the peninsula which forms the Asian portion of present-day Turkey). Eventually, however, the name had been stretched progressively further east, until it came to encompass the much larger land area with which we associate it today, while the Anatolian Peninsula started being called "Asia Minor" or "The Lesser Asia" instead.

And to the Indian's we are not wanting to use the name India today. We just want the indus basin to have a clear historical link with us withot any obfuscation whatsoever. WE want to bring clarity and concisness not create confusion which is what we have at the moment because in this confusion many of your people use to pillage our history and legacy. All because of a name.

Spot on, im not here to educate them..they can live in fools paradise, but as yet not one indian has refuted the articel and we are into 6 pages lol

Just as the Romans, Phoenicians traded spices with South India. None of them even went to Karachi, they were not looking for sand; they were looking for spices! :lol:
The reason these articles come up is because they feel a sense of lost history. Afghan, Turks everyone's they have their people as their leader all over.

Pakistanis identify themselves with the invading forces who didn't showed up unlit the 900s AD, they have no participation in the Ancient Indus valley civilization.

pakistan is an acronym for punjab,afghania,sindh,kashmir,baluchistan and all that encompassses the people and its lands and its history and geography. india is a name given to you by the british which you kept as the article suggests. the IVC ENCOMPASSES all of sindh(saptha sindhu) and punjab..land of the seven rivers

Pakistanis identify themselves with the invading forces who didn't showed up unlit the 900s AD, they have no participation in the Ancient Indus valley civilization.

Exactly. These people arrived after 900AD but claiming the IVC which is Dravidian and 5000 years old, just because that land is under thier control now is just pathetic.

@Whirling_dervesh. Read the comments by Indian's here. From experiance they follow the typical trend. Broadly there are two responses informed by either the poster being 'dumb' or intentional duplicity.

(i) That Pakistan broke off India in 1947.

(ii) Any historical mention of 'India' was in referance to today's India.

(iii) Geographic India and political India are merged by Indian's to create this false notion of India having been there since time began when the actuall reality is India is one day younger then Pakistan. Bharat and Pakistan republics came in existance in August 1947.

The fact that prior to 1947 was a colony called 'British India' from which to have evolved Bharat, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Myanmar [ Burma ] is lost on dumb posters and others use that as a wordlplay to create illusion of 'Bharat' having a existance prior to 1947. Bharat and Pakistan had equal existance as they both were in the embryonic stage within the womb of British colony in thegeograhic sub continient.

At a intellectuel level I think we have a solid cogent argument but we face the real problem of centuries of inertia most of it coming from western writing, the British Indian history and finally our singualr failure post 1947 to develop a solid historical base for Pakistan. It is as if we are afraid of saying 'Pakistan' with referance to any history pre 1947. The reality is not many countries existed in nthe past but that does not stop for example the Afghans referring to a even in 500ad and using the name Afganistan.

I have struggled with this problem in differant fora and whilst I can articulate a fifinally prepared response but that entails a long drawn out discussion with the Indian's normally setting of smokescreen to make the task harder.The shortest sharpest response that I have come down is as follows.

The name Alex has been around for millenia. If you run into a Alexander today that does not mean that person is Alexander the Great or Alexander Fleming. Over the millenia Alexander has been used but we all know it cannot have been the same Alexander.

In the same way if you look at the name 'India' it has been used over the millenia but it's meaning has differant. Over time it settled for what we now call India. This is like the way Asia has been around but what it conveyed has gradually changed. This often happens witth words and is called linquistic drift.

Drift (linguistics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of continent name etymologies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The word Asia originated from the Ancient Greek word "Ἀσία",[7] first attributed to Herodotus (about 440 BCE) in reference to Anatolia or to the Persian Empire, in contrast to Greece and Egypt. It originally was just a name for the east bank of the Aegean Sea, an area known to the Hittites as Assuwa. In early Classical times, the Greeks started using the term "Asia" to refer to the whole region known today as Anatolia (the peninsula which forms the Asian portion of present-day Turkey). Eventually, however, the name had been stretched progressively further east, until it came to encompass the much larger land area with which we associate it today, while the Anatolian Peninsula started being called "Asia Minor" or "The Lesser Asia" instead.

And to the Indian's we are not wanting to use the name India today. We just want the indus basin to have a clear historical link with us withot any obfuscation whatsoever. WE want to bring clarity and concisness not create confusion which is what we have at the moment because in this confusion many of your people use to pillage our history and legacy. All because of a name.

In my opinion there is no confusion on our part.We adopted India and Bharat as the official names of our country. Pakistan came into existence after partition of British India in 1947. You have decided early on to accept the history of Mogul invasion of Indian subcontinent as your history. Looks like you have realised what a blunder you have done by disowning your ancient past.

In contrast we have incorporated history of ancient India described in our Vedas. So, why blame Indians when in fact we are the torch bearers of ancient wisdom of Yoga philosophy and Ayurveda and still recite these scriptures during our marriages. We teach Sanskrit in our schools and promote epic poems of Ramayana and Mahabharata. We are living traditions of ancient India.

A simple question to pakistanis-:
where was Pakistan before 1947???

Ans- In India.
So pakistani brothers where you live right now , it was india's land. So be it. Don't have dream to change facts and history to feel good. You are living on India's land that you call it now 'pakistan'.

You post this thread in " Pakistan history forum " and talking about indian history. Hahahaha.. Lol. It proves there is no Pakistani history . You are just chasing a " word" call India.

Agreed both republics came into existance on the SAME* day. Great for Mauryan Empire although what time frame does that encapsulate in the last 5,000 years of history? Furthermore it was based in present day India although it spread west to present day Pakistan. By your logic the moghul Empire was first based in Lahore and from there it spread east? Shall we milch it as a proto Pakistan if you can milch Maurya as proto India?

Before you utter 'there was no Pakistan' I can safely also say there was no 'India' during that time unless you can give me proof from Mauryan times the usage of the term India.

SAME* Although both republics came into existance on the same day India happens to have name that has been around for millenia. However that does not give it any more historical heritage then Pakistan in the same way me having a name Alexander does not give me historical continuity just on account of name having been around for centuries.

The product is new although the name is old and had a geograhic meaning the definition of which itself evolved over the millenia.
Where is all this big talk coming from, your country has never even produced an empire. Your history consists of being conquered by foreign kings including Mauryas and Guptas who came from India. Why such butthurt towards India? We are a continuation of the region of India since we make up the majority of that region. Bangladesh chose to align itself with a Bengali identity and Pakistan has with an Arab identity. We are a continuation of the Eastern Indian Empires of Maurya and the region of India in Republic form.

Mughals ruled from Delhi while forcibly converting your ancestors. And my ancestors rebelled against the Mughals and formed Benares state, nice try though.[/QUOTE]

its funny how you take pride in Mughal history, give us everything Mughal in India and you can keep the vast riches of Banares state/empire

Agreed both republics came into existance on the SAME* day. Great for Mauryan Empire although what time frame does that encapsulate in the last 5,000 years of history? Furthermore it was based in present day India although it spread west to present day Pakistan. By your logic the moghul Empire was first based in Lahore and from there it spread east? Shall we milch it as a proto Pakistan if you can milch Maurya as proto India?

Before you utter 'there was no Pakistan' I can safely also say there was no 'India' during that time unless you can give me proof from Mauryan times the usage of the term India.

SAME* Although both republics came into existance on the same day India happens to have name that has been around for millenia. However that does not give it any more historical heritage then Pakistan in the same way me having a name Alexander does not give me historical continuity just on account of name having been around for centuries.

The product is new although the name is old and had a geograhic meaning the definition of which itself evolved over the millenia.
Where is all this big talk coming from, your country has never even produced an empire. Your history consists of being conquered by foreign kings including Mauryas and Guptas who came from India. Why such butthurt towards India? We are a continuation of the region of India since we make up the majority of that region. Bangladesh chose to align itself with a Bengali identity and Pakistan has with an Arab identity. We are a continuation of the Eastern Indian Empires of Maurya and the region of India in Republic form.

Mughals ruled from Delhi while forcibly converting your ancestors. And my ancestors rebelled against the Mughals and formed Benares state, nice try though.[/QUOTE]

looks like you never been to Delhi, it is Pakistan!

if it wasnt for pannini and his epic works in sanskrit in taxila , nalanda would be speaking hunter gatherer mumbo jumbo...
Panini was from KPK which is outside indian civilisation, the Vedas mentioned them as barabarians and he only invented classical Sanskrit. Modern day Sanskrit comes from modern day Haryana. Learn to make an empire, then u can brag about history,

Mughals ruled from Delhi while forcibly converting your ancestors. And my ancestors rebelled against the Mughals and formed Benares state, nice try though.

its funny how you take pride in Mughal history, give us everything Mughal in India and you can keep the vast riches of Banares state/empire

looks like you never been to Delhi, it is Pakistan![/QUOTE]
Mughals conquered you and forcefully converted you, have some shame ****.

Well let's see if any Indian can come forward and challenge this with hard facts rather then insecure one liners.

I have noticed the most petty and irrelevant to the topic arguments by the bhartis.
Have you ever produced an empire, yes or no?

More to that, what is their contribution to the local land and stated civilization?

The likes of @Atanz and @Whirling_dervesh subjugated to foreign invaders and adopted their culture, religion and allegiance.

These people are hanging in mid way - cant claim arabian legacy, can not be the beacon of local civilization either. Somehow want an identity.

Pakistan is made of 3 types of people -

1- Invaders - So they can't claim local heritage.
2- Mohajirs - They do fall in same category
3- Locals - Got converted, hence lost their own identity.

@RanvirSena Why are you asking them for an empire of their own? Better ask them how many foreign empires they have allowed to rule them, convert them. :lol:

its other way around. Present day pakistan is a part of encient india. Pakistan is a new discovery, some thing which never existed between india, afganistan and persia.

Kya Chutiyap thread hai.

If its so genuine why don't Pakistanis go international and claim their history?

Waha jaake bolti band hoti hai, when true acknowledged scholars finger point and laugh at Pakistani stories.

More to that, what is their contribution to the local land and stated civilization?

The likes of @Atanz and @Whirling_dervesh subjugated to foreign invaders and adopted their culture, religion and allegiance.

These people are hanging in mid way - cant claim arabian legacy, can not be the beacon of local civilization either. Somehow want an identity.

Pakistan is made of 3 types of people -

1- Invaders - So they can't claim local heritage.
2- Mohajirs - They do fall in same category
3- Locals - Got converted, hence lost their own identity.

@RanvirSena Why are you asking them for an empire of their own? Better ask them how many foreign empires they have allowed to rule them, convert them. :lol:
This is so true, they go around claiming other peoples history as they lack there own identity. I mean we gifted them Hinduism and Buddhism. We gifted them Sanskrit from Haryana. We gifted them knowledge from Nalanda which made taxila look like a retards academy.

@Atanz was bullied by indians on another forum so he takes out his frustrations on a Pakistani forum where he has an advantage. On a neutral forum, this guy was considred a joke. He tries to bellittle india with his joke history and yet conveniently forgets indian history like:
Maurya
Gupta
Pala
Pratihara
Chola
Nalanda
Buddhism and bodh gaya
Vijaynagara
Defeating Seleucus
I could go on forever with our great empires and history which makes pakistans rubissh history look irrelevant.

Pakistan hs been conquered by Greeks, turks, Indians, Persians, arabs, huns, british, afghans. Only turks afghans and british have conquered us and not even india in its entirety. We are superior in all aspects while pakistan was a weak region which never accomplished anything.

Back
Top Bottom