What's new

Ancient History: the first Sino-Vietnam War 40-43

Vietnam and Korea are quite similar. They are breakaway province of China. Even after secession, the political power of Vietnam were controlled by Chinese who faked as Vietnamese.

Vietnam has to enshrined all these "freedom fighters" in order to create a separate identity from China. While Korean choose the other way. Korean try to claim themselves as "true Chinese" and claim that China Chinese are fake Chinese.

Now similar thing happen in Taiwan. If Taiwan manage to win independence, Taiwanese will enshrine Min Nan lect (my mother tongue) as national language. Then they will deny Min Nan got anything to do with Chinese.

Soon a lot of western anthropological and linguistic expert will come tell teach us that Taiwanese are different race from Chinese.

Vietnam think they were colonize by China. Fujian, Guangdong and Vietnam all came into China around the same time. We were all ancient Yue (Viet) 越 people.

The reason for Vietnam break off is the lack of martial spirit of Song Dynasty of China.

But I think breaking off from China is not entirely a bad thing. Without breaking of, Vietnamese will only be proscribe at Song Hong region. The newly independent Vietnam gain vigor and started to move south, spreading Confucius ethnic to Mekong Delta.

Similarly the Thai people were native of China Yunnan and as they migrated out of China, they gain a lot of vigor and they reach the Kra isthmus. Same for Myanmese

Chinese is able to be very comfortable in all these culture. When I go Thailand, I do not feel any differences.

It is time to look at history differently.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom