What's new

Ancient History not Appreciated by Pakistanis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Subramanian ...guys i never said Pakistan has nothing to do with india...Gujjars, rajputs and jatts a significant numbers of people are all natives of this land...but Pakistani people share culture with all the countries around it eg; native punjabis (as mentioned above) and indian punjabis, Pak baloch and iranian baloch, Pak hazaras and Afghan hazaras and Pak and Afghan Pushtuns.

Land to the west of indus was traditionally not india, and as far as ur claim that dehli was where our ummah (meaning muslim people) was...its shows ur knowledge of history. Muslim people lived from spain to indonesia, how can u claim that all the muslim people were in dehli, it was only the capital of Mughals.

Who cares about the west of the indus man?

All the big agricultural centres of pakistan Lahore,Lyallpur,Mianwali,Multan,Shiekapura,Gujranwala were all controlled by Hindus/Sikhs.

Only KPK/Northern areas,Balochistan are hardcore muslim.Anyway the point being the sufis had made hardcore religion irrelevant and had brought about a punjabi nationality.

I am sure muslims were there from Spain(Now thats a little too much,The catholic church packed off the arabs from spain and cleansed it fully) to Indonesia(Which is muslim only by name).

Culturally Dilli is the most significant place for Muslims and Islam in India was based from important centres like Dilli,Bhopal,Ahmedabad,Lucknow and Hyderabad.Patna too(else Bilal Haider ll be offended)

That way the hardcore muslims existed within Indian territory(The Mohajjirs of today) and not outside it.The cultural identity was always more important to people like Pashtuns and Baloch.

Thats why you see the people of Northwestern India and Pakistan to be similar regardless of faith.I am a south indian,i can objectively view these things but a punjabi friend of mine would be full anger and contempt for you guys due to obvious reasons.

Anyway,my opinion is the people of north west india and pakistan are pretty much the same and i know hindus/sikhs from as far as Peshwar and Quetta and they dont look much different than the muslims of that area.I ll exclude the Pakhtuns and Northern area people from this list as they r mountain people and are less mixed than the others.

PS: I agree with you that being on the periphery of the subcontinent pakistan is likely to look west also,as in north west towards iran/arabia.

But that line would come at baloch/KPK.The punjabis culturally look east not east enough towards lucknow but just east towards Indian Punjab,Rajasthan,Haryana and Himachal.

Nice to see people that know of Pakistans history.

Indians promote a very simple version of history to feel more secure about themselves. Their story shows that only 3 countries existed in "ancient times", and that was Persia, India and China. This is a very bs view since China and India were never United like today. The region of Pakistan has been independent from India for 95% of the time. And India itself was never one country, apart from Ashokas rule which lasted an "amazing" 30 years.

Mate you've learnt wrong history. :)

Ashoka neither was the first or the last ruler to to unite India. Nor it was only for 30 years. Maurya empire lasted for 250-350 years and after that the empire broke down in small kingdoms.

Emporer 'Bharat' was the first king ever to unite whole of India. The same king from whose name the name 'Bharat' comes from.

Bharat's empire:
Akhanda_Bharatabarsham.jpg

And you forgot the empire which you guys think was yours. The Mughal empire?
Mughal empire:
Tajmap.jpg

And the biggest empire before Brits took over was Maratha Empire which covered most of present day India.
South_Asia_1758_AD.jpg

And no we're not taught that India, China and Persia were the only countries at that time. We are taught about Egypt, Miser, Greece, Rome but at the point of time you are reffering to yes there were only 3 major countries. Because no one even had heard of Pakistan at that time. The first time word Pakistan was pronounced was only in 1930s by Iqbal. :)

Porus was Indian king btw. If you'd do your research you'll only find title such as 'Indian king Porus' or 'Punjabi ruler Porus' but since Punjabis are so dominant in Pakistan you will class him as Pakistani I know. :) And btw if Porus was ruling at the time of Afghans-Mongol invasions he would have NEVER surrendered or converted. :)

It doesnt stop here however. There are lots of other civilisations which were based in Pakistan, and run by Pakistanis, i.e Ghandara, Kushun empire, and even Muslim empires like Mughal empires started in Pakistan, and spread into India.

I fully agree....Pakistan history older than earth...:omghaha:

It doesnt stop here however. There are lots of other civilisations which were based in Pakistan, and run by Pakistanis, i.e Ghandara, Kushun empire, and even Muslim empires like Mughal empires started in Pakistan, and spread into India.

Another professor of history.

What Ghandara are you talking about? There were Bactrian Greek kingdoms who started the sculpture now known as the Gandhara school: Greek, not Pakistani, nobody had dreamt of the name then.

Kushuns? If you want to filch others' history, at least get your details correct. The 'Kushun', as you call them, were Tocharians of European kinship, speaking a language closer to European languages than to Indo-Iranian languages, and red-headed, trouser-wearing horsemen who were driven out of their desert oases and cities by the Hiung Nu. These were from the Tarim Basin, nothing to do with Pakistan.

The Mughals had nothing to do with the present territory of Pakistan to begin with. They were princes of Samarkand, who were dispossessed by Shaibani Khan and his Uzbeg, and made a home for themselves in Kabul. It was from Kabul that they attacked Delhi, defeated Ibrahim Lodi, and became rulers of north India, ranging down to the east up to present day Faizabad. Not to the west, but equally to east and west.

It is painful to read these half-digested bits of history from these half-digested scholars.

History or no history is Ok for unless and until we are not associated or told of being having origin in india.

which is something really offend us if someone call us you were once indian.

If I buy a house where several generation of a family lived.....Now I live there but I can not own that family's history.....my history starts from the day I started living there.....you know what I mean

Our land and our history, can the indian please f off, thank you.

Pakistani Has no ancient History....."Pakistan" Is product of foreign invasion and Barbaric activities did by them....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom