What's new

Ancient History not Appreciated by Pakistanis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather a off topic post but I have been completely surprised at the hate some Pakistani members here have towards Indians. Surprised because i have met quite a good numbers of Pakistanis in real & they are too friendly, simple & down to earth kind. Not that Indians members are angels. But i find too much hate in here to digest. Makes me wonder if there is really a scope for a decent debate..Just my 2cents!!

Rather a off topic post but I have been completely surprised at the hate some Pakistani members here have towards Indians. Surprised because i have met quite a good numbers of Pakistanis in real & they are too friendly, simple & down to earth kind. Not that Indians members are angels. But i find too much hate in here to digest. Makes me wonder if there is really a scope for a decent debate..Just my 2cents!!

It's the 'interwebz'...

It's not a correct impression (thank Heavens).

The hard core of this forum stays clear of these disgraceful exhibitions. If you are lucky to get their attention and get them into a discussion, you will thank yourself for having come here.

The most authoritative on any military matter is Fatman17; the wisest and most mature (in my book) is Niaz Sahib; one of the best read is Road Runner, and the sharpest tongue belongs beyond dispute to Developereo. But for sheer encyclopaedic knowledge, even beyond my own (Indian) favourite, Austerlitz, is Alternative. He is a style Nazi and a bully and tends to pull you up sharply for even minor mistakes, but shocks you with his sheer knowledge, especially of anything to do with India.

These are people in whose presence it is a good idea to take off your hat.

Among the moderators, there is a liberal stalwart, but it is unfair, I think, for a member to talk about the moderators, and bad for discipline to discuss them besides. Suffice it to say that they are the most broad-minded and generous of the forum, and all that you have seen on vulgar display here is completely cancelled out by their generosity and fairness (I say this after having tangled with more than one of them, and having gone down in flames, but with all guns firing).

You will make a terrible mistake to take the behaviour of the occasional fanboy and super-jingo as representative, and be discouraged by those. A useful tip is to avoid the newcomers, since they are bent on winning military victory within this forum. My own suggestion to new members from India is to be polite and deferential until you have a good idea of who represents what, and to go on being polite and deferential thereafter; you never know whom you are talking to, and it is best not to make a fool of yourself being rude to a superior person. In general, it is best not to make a fool of yourself.

Of all the people, an Indian goes on a rant about Jihad. No Pakistani in this thread so far has brought Islam into the discussion. You are the one in denial, and you just proved you barely understand the history of Pakistan.

So by your argument, if you converted to Islam right now, your parents wont be related to you anymore???

I know the media is biased against Islam, but jeez, calm down on the dosage of Fox news, it really isnt good for you.

Thanking for the thread, not this post in particular.
On this side of the pond, until Ronald Reagan was elected, I was taught that I had a Greco-Roman heritage, since then all have heard about is being a Judeo-Christian.
The truth is, all of us are heirs of the human race.

Pakistanis, you are part of at least three historical traditions, the Islamic, or Abrahamic, however far back you trace it, the tradition of the Indian continent, which goes back to the Indus valley 5000 years ago, and the modern global civilization, which is drawing all humanity into its rule.
As Pakistanis, you are able to identify with any of these traditions, or all of them, but whatever you choose, get used to the schizophrenia.

Bharatis and Muslims should both note that Indian traditions and civilization have been interacting fruitfully with Islam for over a thousand years, both ways. India, in addition to having its indigenous tradition, has been a more integral part of Islamic civilization than Europe has, until recently, when Islam's relation to the Global culture resembles India's relation to Islamic culture.

It is not amusing that the worst hatreds of humans are between kinfolks. Peace, love and wisdom be upon you

Nothing is more important than to receive history education.

Whoa this is hilarious !! Pakistanis is so desperate for 'respect' and 'legitimacy' that now you guys even want to steal Indian history ? haha. Piece of land does not a civilization make. A civilization is a set of traditions, set of ethics, rituals, religions, way of life, etc.

In India the religion, traditions of ancient 'Indian' civilizations are still practiced, hence the civilizations are Indian. Pakistan was but a small part of the larger 'India'.

Pakistan gave up its claim to this civilizational inheritance the day it chose to be an 'Islamic Republic'. Pakistan has as much claim to IVC as the modern Egyptians have to the ancient Egyptian civilization i.e. nil, nada, zilch. Pakistan is an offshoot of Arabic civilization now. The sooner you accept it, the less heartburn shall you suffer.

Otherwise you are welcome to wage your 'jihad' against world history. I don't think the prospects of success are too bright though.----blitz

What a contradiction. First we are a part of India then we are part of Arabs? Make up your mind. As for practicing Indus Valley religion or even vedic religion not a single shroud of evidence to prove it. The Vedic culture arrived from Eastern Europe around 3000 BC and the Kalash are the only people on Earth to practice it.

Most Indians have a inferiority complex when it comes to Pakistan.

Pakistan of today, has been part of Persian empire (west of Indus) for a long time, Umayyad caliphate and Abbasid caliphate, later the Afghan kingdoms but no one tries to claim Pakistan the way the indians do.

The reason is simple, they don't want to affiliate themselves with Bangladesh although that too was part of British India, they always try to associate themselves with Pakistan.

I don't know exactly why, probably it has something to do with the fact that Indians on average are a bunch of people who are unattractive in terms of looks so they want to associate themselves with a different country to their west....which can be proved from that fact that recently when an average looking Pakistan Foreign Minister went to India, the news headlines appeared there "Pakistan's bomb lands in india"

Or it may be that they think that the Muslims of this region ruled for 800 to 1000 years and there is some kind of complex that the Muslim culture has a lot of attraction in it.

But whatever it is....the Indians no matter where u debate on this forum ...they will try their best to convince that they are some how same as Pakistanis..lol

What a contradiction. First we are a part of India then we are part of Arabs? Make up your mind. As for practicing Indus Valley religion or even vedic religion not a single shroud of evidence to prove it. The Vedic culture arrived from Eastern Europe around 3000 BC and the Kalash are the only people on Earth to practice it.

indo-aryan invasion is a myth, it was never proved.

Pakistan of today, has been part of Persian empire (west of Indus) for a long time, Umayyad caliphate and Abbasid caliphate, later the Afghan kingdoms but no one tries to claim Pakistan the way the indians do.

The reason is simple, they don't want to affiliate themselves with Bangladesh although that too was part of British India, they always try to associate themselves with Pakistan.

I don't know exactly why, probably it has something to do with the fact that Indians on average are a bunch of people who are unattractive in terms of looks so they want to associate themselves with a different country to their west....which can be proved from that fact that recently when an average looking Pakistan Foreign Minister went to India, the news headlines appeared there "Pakistan's bomb lands in india"

Or it may be that they think that the Muslims of this region ruled for 800 to 1000 years and there is some kind of complex that the Muslim culture has a lot of attraction in it.

But whatever it is....the Indians no matter where u debate on this forum ...they will try their best to convince that they are some how same as Pakistanis..lol

ur whole post is full of frustration,hate & racism. first of all indians affiliate themselves with all neighbors not only pakistan. plus we indians do not give importance to muslim culture only, we respect all cultures. we indians do not desperately try to show that we are from diff planet. the point is that u like many pakistanis always try their level best to show that pakistani do not share a single thing with india & if someone show u a mirror u ppl get pissed.

I dont know about others,but a lot of us south indians have mongloid blood in us and love the province of Bengal for whatever it has given us.

I love Bengali culture,its literary traditions,the super attractive feminine personality of its women,the great rice fields,the great rivers and the warm content psyche of its people and the mythical city of Calcutta which is anyday better than that desert town of Dilli.

I think you hear and see what you want to and it is alright if you have a superiority complex,dont expect us to take it too seriously.

And at last,Pakistani punjabis all existed in around indian punjab and haryana and Pakistani punjab was full of Hindus/Sikhs.Dont try to act cool and claim ownership over a piece of land that was not even yours.

Dilli is where ur ummah was and the fertile land of Punjab was always hindu/sikh.

That way only the Pashtuns and Kashmiris live in their original land.

I have a lot of friends from everywhere around the world and the pakistanis and indians get slotted in the same box for them as much as they would like to squeeze themselves out.

The problem is they try to exist as a single homogenous entity getting away from the pluralist ethos of our country.

Everyone is trying to be like Indians now,whether it is the Latin American Conciousness fulled by Che Guevara or the European Monetary UNion/GCC countries of the arabs or the Pan-Turk ethos led by Turkey,ASEAN,Oceania with Australia and NZ.

Well India has been existing like this for centuries and will continue to do for eternity and myopic people with short term interests will try to talk and act otherwise denying the tirth of common-sense.

well,everyone except the pakistanis who take Jinnah/Liuaqat Ali Khan too seriously.

My grandfather living in Kanyakumari practiced it much better than the Taliban squatting in the SWAT and KPK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom