What's new

Ancestry- The Syed Lineage

THE GREEN MAN

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
People take pride in belonging to a Syed family. This would mean that they are linked as the descendents of Prophet Muhammad ( upon whom be peace). It is a known fact that Prophet Muhammad had no male offspring that lived through adulthood. Only her daughters(may Allah be pleased with them).
Putting aside the matter that it is no longer possible to confirm whether someone claiming to belong to the 'Syed' family tree, is actually so or not.

If the father is a Syed, then the children will be Syed as well. But is it the same case if only the mother is a Syed? Keeping in mind that Prophet Muhammad pbuh had no surviving son.
(Emphasis of this post is not on genetics, but more to do with the social factors)

Prophet was a Messenger of Allah, his kids (if he had sons) would certainly hold the respect but by no means will be above others, as in his owns words , the only thing that elevate the man's stature in Gods eye is his piety and devotion . So all that Syed thingy is not for me ,maybe Allah knows that if Muhammad pbuh have Sons's and through their blood line a gorup of people may emerge who would see them as Prophets and above others, and it leads them to be ignorant and arrogance which Allah did not like and would not let his most beloved creation's blood like to go corrupt after centuries of his death, Whatever Allah do is for the best for us and Humanity so the decision of Allah to not give Muhammad pbuh a heir was Wise and my Allah did not make unwise decisions . in fact i know a lot of people who are so so so so so proud to be syed that they become arrogant and say we will only marry our sons and daughters in Syeds . Like all other non syeds are Pagans lol

Last edited:
Prophet was a Messenger of Allah, his kids (if he had sons) would certainly hold the respect but by no means will be above others, as in his owns words , the only thing that elevate the man's stature in Gods eye is his piety and devotion . So all that Syed thingy is not for , in fact i know a lot of people who are so so so so so proud to be syed that they become arrogant and say we will only marry our sons and daughters in Syeds . Like all other non syeds are Pagans lol
Bingo

Hazrat Ali(R.A)is from family of Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) and Syed originate from Sons of Hazrat Ali(R.A)

Hazrat Ali(R.A)is from family of Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) and Syed originate from Sons of Hazrat Ali(R.A)

i am from Hazrat Ali's (R.A) 3rd wife tree. we are not syeds we call ourselves Qureshiz of Banu Hashim Tribe. Syed or sharif family are our cousins from Hazrat Ali's (R.A) First wife Daughter of Mohammad Peace be Upon him. They (Sharif or Syed) Family are Honored because of their Blood line of Prophet Mohammad Peace be upon him.

they have Blood lines of Mohammad peace be upon him and Prophet Abraham peace be upon him.

while for my family we only have blood line through Ali (R.A) and prophet Abraham Peace be upon him.

we just respect syeds and sharif family. by no means they are superior to any other human beings. they just get respect and honor cuz of thier forefather Mohammad Peace be upon him.

if you Respect Syeds and sharifs thats very good . but if you consider them to be better than urself or other human beings then you are making the same mistake as some jews make. some jews say they are superior to other human beings. as Jew genome is the Perfect one chosen by Allah. which is incorrect. All human beings are Equal. only Respect is given to them cuz they have chosen people and honored people of Allah among them in their family tree.

According to Sunni Hanafi Islam (Deobandi & Barelvi),
A Syed can trace his ancestry from family of Prophet (S.A.W) only through by claiming his bloodline from :
  1. Hazart Ali (R.A) (Hassan (R.A) or Hussein (R.A))
  2. Hazrat Aqeel (R.A)
  3. Hazrat Abbass (R.A)
  4. Hazrat Jafar Tayyar (R.A)

Back
Top Bottom