What's new

Featured Anatolian Eagle 2021 - JF-17 To Pitch Against Rafale and Vipers

Let's be very clear. Block 2s are no match for the Rafale in WVR. BVR is another domain and a lot depends on signal processing and support systems such as AEWACs. I don't believe PAF participated with any AEWACs but if they somehow had an interface with the Turkish one and it provided targeting coordinates, the results could be favorable.

The main question is whether Qatar used the SPECTRA system or not. How did Rafale's integrated EW and countermeasures perform? Let us not forget that Block 2s field only a PD radar which is exactly what SPECTRA was made for. I would not write-off French technology so easily.

The 'win' against Rafale also depends on mission profile. For example, Rafale is tasked with air cover, and the Thunder deploys stand-off weapons which Rafale is unable to imagine. Is this being counted as one of the 6 wins? This changes the impact of the win drastically.

The real fun will begin when and if Rafales come to Pakistan and either a prototype or actual Block 3 goes against them, spruiked with RD-93 MA and HMD/S and armed with PL-10 and PL-15 backed by KLJ-7A. Now that will be a true fight.
My what if!! They may be exercising in an integrated air battle mode in both centralized and distributed EW environments!!! It’s like a collective personality, where each for all, and all for each!! And, Rafaels might have been put in the receiving end of such a scenario…

The French are famous for overestimating themselves only to face catastrophes! Remember in WW1, they sent horse riding cavalry in an all out “Elan” against the fixed German positions with meticulous heavy machine gun nets! They got mowed down like ants!! And, remember the Maginot Line in WW2. It was almost like a science fiction from Jules Vernes!!! By the by, the German panzer divisions simply bypassed them and marched through the gaps to take out France within a couple of weeks…..

Human beings can’t change their “ Fitret” overnight!! Otherwise, no students would have failed….

Last edited:
Rafale vs JF-17.............. I will take the words of air commodore r Sajjad Haider more credible then any of the fanboys and so called think tanks here on this forum. Last year in an interview he particularly mentioned that even after the induction of Rafale PAF will retain the first shoot capability against the IAF. Sajjad Haider is a man who doesn't brag or do false propaganda.

This Anatolian eagle is not an ordinary exercise. Both the TuAF and PAF are participating with 2 other friendly air forces, Qatar and Azerbaijan. There is no chance that PAF, Tuaf, Qatari AF and Azeri AF will be opposing each other in a real battle. So if these air forces share the true capabilities of their platforms with each other there is no harm to any one rather it will be beneficial to other friendly air forces. The Qataris can easily help both the PAF and TuAF to develop tactics against Rafale so they may become able to counter Indian and Greek air forces respectively in a real air combat and I think this is the main purpose of this exercise.

1626205794689.png

Original Source of all these videos

now check this ;

and

(specially Egypt part in the last)

Most of us dont know what were the rules of engagement, let's just assume what ever happened in the JF vs Rafael and they break even, do you guys know the implications of this thought. This exercise has boosted the image and moral of our home grown baby. Also a big knock off punch to western tech vs Chinese plus Pakistan tech. No one had this thought 6:2 will happen, at the best we were looking to learn few things wich we did and now this 6:2 ratio, people will have sleepless nights guys.

Back
Top Bottom