What's new

Featured Anatolian Eagle 2021 - JF-17 To Pitch Against Rafale and Vipers

not really

PAF has a unit that mimics IAF tactics and studies it’s training … similar to the role of USAF aggressor squadron

I was responding to the PDF sarcasm about Thunders beating Rafale ........... Your countrymen are jokingly stating it will 5 nil to Thunder versis F35 next

In other words they are taking the "michael "

mimicing adversary in training is the very least nations do in war preparation

I was responding to the PDF sarcasm about Thunders beating Rafale ...........

who said I was joking ?…

history full of examples of one generation less shooting down planes..

such as

WW2 - P51 shooting down me 262
korean war - mig15 shot down by Piston UN planes
vietnam war - mig 17 shooting down F4
Pakistan india war 1971 - sub sonic sabres shooting down mig21
2019 - a early 1980s F16A upgraded shot down a Su30 Built in the 1990s.

superior training and tactics eventually prevail. PAF by all quarters is considered to a have a world class personnel. IAF not so.

the tech gap between Rafael and JF17 is there … however JF17 don’t fly alone as IAF cruelly discovered on 27 Feb
mimicing adversary in training is the very least nations do in war preparation

it seems IAF didn’t even do that..

otherwise it would never intiated the attack on 26 feb.

any way it seems IAF has learned its lesson … we never heard from them since 27 feb..ie no more “surgical strikes” threats

Last edited:
I guess this 6/2 was wvr? Than it wouldn't b surprise that delta with canards lost

This exercise is good source of information about rafale capabilities foe par.now we can work on block 3 deficiencies according to data obtained from this exercise.

In the India-Pak scenario no 4th gen jet can carry out deep strikes into enemy territory. Almost complete strike package will be annihilated. No rafale, ,Su 30 , Mirage 2000, F-16 will be spared by the defending air force consisting of AWACS, 4th gen jets with BVR missiles like AIM 120, R77 , meteor, PL 15, SAMs like S 400 , SPADA etc. Feb 27 made it clear that today how difficult and dangerous is for any 4th gen jet to survive in high threat environment. More then 20 air crafts were used by both air forces just to drop some bombs close to the border into the jungle. How many air crafts will be required to strike deep into the enemy territory. The range of the ALCM carried by the strike air crafts will determine the max ability of how far strike air crafts can carry out their missions from staying inside their own air space.
JF 17 with SD 10 or PL 15 supported by AWACs is quite capable of handling any indian intruding jet. It also has decent capability now to launch air to ground strikes with REKs and RAAD( which has been integrated with it I think , not sure though). Similarly for air to see role all the latest weapons are already been integrated with it. So for our requirements JFT + F-16 can do the job till the induction of 5th gen jet. Till that time leave the deep strike missions to cruise missiles and other ballistic missiles.

Thats where EW comes in, the one who jams the other makes inroads.

realistically it was 0 to 0, as nobody exposes electronic equipment in the exercises.

I think it would be worth it even if the results were to be reversed. The loss of a Rafale would be a huge demoralizing act for-IAF.
A
True outcome of the exercise will never come out, and this report is not even official document, I think someone played dirty with Indians. Our capabilities always proven in battle field not on media and will remain that way.

This is the same way the Indians thought when we heard about the MiG-21bis beating the F-15. The results from an exercise are not equal to the results of an actual combat operation.
I totally agree with you but one should always keep in mind Jef is not mig21. All we can do is assume things on forum but truth is far from our assumptions, we are just keyboard warriors at the best. I have heard so much nonsense across the border I think its the best time to payback in kind with extra pinch of salt.
To be honest I have strong feeling the myth of Rafael soon be busted like su30mki. IAF is nothing more then graveyard of best technologies around the world.
Forgot onething ........
کدی ہنس وی لیا کرو سوہنڑیو۔

I totally agree with you but one should always keep in mind Jef is not mig21. All we can do is assume things on forum but truth is far from our assumptions, we are just keyboard warriors at the best. I have heard so much nonsense across the border I think its the best time to payback in kind with extra pinch of salt.
To be honest I have strong feeling the myth of Rafael soon be busted like su30mki. IAF is nothing more then graveyard of best technologies around the world.
Forgot onething ........
کدی ہنس وی لیا کرو سوہنڑیو۔

Hi,

Don't bet your horses on your comments.

Don't bet your horses on your comments.
Being naive on the forum I do not dare to challenge MastanKhan's experience. but this is what I read today an article in the newspaper showing the true worth of Su 30MKI in the eyes of the world.

Aviation expert Tom Cooper had questioned why the Indian air force wanted more Su-30s and MiG-29s instead of Rafales jets.

According to Cooper, the Su-30, while powerful on paper, lacks performance and combat capability compared with Rafale jets or eve MiG-29 fighters.

He also points out that the Sukhoi Su-30 jets had failed to make a mark during the Kargil war in 1999 and Balakot Airstrikes in 2019 and instead India relied on the old Dassault Mirage-2000s.

Now tell us what should we believe?

Being naive on the forum I do not dare to challenge MastanKhan's experience. but this is what I read today an article in the newspaper showing the true worth of Su 30MKI in the eyes of the world.

Aviation expert Tom Cooper had questioned why the Indian air force wanted more Su-30s and MiG-29s instead of Rafales jets.

According to Cooper, the Su-30, while powerful on paper, lacks performance and combat capability compared with Rafale jets or eve MiG-29 fighters.

He also points out that the Sukhoi Su-30 jets had failed to make a mark during the Kargil war in 1999 and Balakot Airstrikes in 2019 and instead India relied on the old Dassault Mirage-2000s.

Now tell us what should we believe?

Hi,

Russia made the su30 to compete against the F15 first of all.

Secondly---if pakistani pilots were flying the SU30, what would your response be.

Never beieve the enemy pro[agada that their tier 1 aircraft is a dud.

The february scenario was setup by the indians to find out what the PAF was capable of.

Hi,

Russia made the su30 to compete against the F15 first of all.

Secondly---if pakistani pilots were flying the SU30, what would your response be.

Never beieve the enemy pro[agada that their tier 1 aircraft is a dud.

The february scenario was setup by the indians to find out what the PAF was capable of.

exactly! what would be the response if PAF flying Su30, belittling your enemy is a foolish attempt.

i also question the setup by the Indians if they did test PAF capabilities.

they also came out with: their level of competence, questions on pilot training (SU30 is a good plane), credibility in the eyes of whole world. and for how long it will be discussed in air force circle, this event of 27 Feb in the history.

i wonder what one can afford to lose while achieving something else. or was it that they were not expecting the loss in return.

i hope PAF keep their training and capabilities ahead of them which they have given statements about, more than once.

IMHO, PAF only made one mistake on Feb 27th, they didn't invite Leon Panetta to PAF HQ. Should have invited him and thrown a nice Brunch in his honor and then announced as to how he enjoyed the Brunch while PAF bi.ch slapped the IAF.

Add salt to injury, PAF could have posted Leon smiling and talking with PAF Brass.

Back
Top Bottom