What's new

Analysis: China vs India — Competition of Civilisations

China has always been an insular, and inward-looking civilization.

Contrary to popular believe, China in fact has been very open throughout history.

The fact that China absorbed Buddhism from India is already proof. As early as the Song dynasty, Chinese ships were already sailing to Iraq and by the Ming dynasty Chinese dominated the trade route all the way to Africa.

The fact that China is such a unique civilization (From eating with chopsticks to Chinese characters to our curved roof) is because throughout history, China was never conquered by a another civilization. Only nomads.

Tang Dynasty Yang Qin Chinese instrument. Originally from Persia.

281stj4.jpg

The fact that China is such a unique civilization (From eating with chopsticks to Chinese characters to our curved roof) is because throughout history, China was never conquered by a another civilization. Only nomads.

You don't consider the Mongols or the Manchus to be a civilization?

If the Mongols are not a civilization, then what are they?

china don't need any more Indian lies.

all religions are lies

Isn't there a thread that talk about how China will become a Christian nation in 40 years. I believe that China, which doesn't have a dominate national religion, is more accepting of another religion. Once a religion like Christianity, which believe that its way its the right way and all other ways are wrong, take root in China. China will forever be a Christian country. Same with Islam. So Chinese is ripe for conversion from the perspective of major world religions. India, on the other hand, is entrenched in Hinduism that no other religion can seriously convert the majority of Indians.

china don't need any more Indian lies.

all religions are lies

All religion are created by man to explain the meaning of life and to seek happiness. Thus we have thousands of religions.

However there is only one heaven.

can china be called 1 civilization it to has had warring "dynastys"

Also is China a historical name and why is it always referred to the Ming dynasty or the Han dynasty why not just China?

Teach me your knowledge;)

Also is China a historical name and why is it always referred to the Ming dynasty or the Han dynasty why not just China?

China is a continuous civilization-state, and the common name is "Zhong guo". (Which just means "the Middle Kingdom".)

This is irrespective of Dynasties. China is always "Zhong guo".

China is the world's most populous country, with a continuous culture stretching back nearly 4,000 years.

Many of the elements that make up the foundation of the modern world originated in China, including paper, gunpowder, credit banking, the compass and paper money.

BBC News - China country profile

The Middle Kingdom is also called "All Under Heaven".

Who ever unites All Under Heaven has the mandate to rule the Middle Kingdom.

I have no idea where the word "China" come from.

Back
Top Bottom