What's new

An Israeli Shell in an Indian Tank

OK, so u cant understand even simple trigonometry. I am sorry. But those who understand know that it gives 2.1 advantage vs. 68 slopped glacis. Lahart has bigger impact angle but I wont argue.

No, I actually chosed bad condition: thick glacis. It can hit the turret roof or drivers hatch.
These amateur drawings, there are many in Internet like yours, made by ignorants. It shows nothing but your lack of understanding of guidance method. At start of discussion you said it is top-attack, then you shifted to lofted trajectory, then to 30 grad hit... Still wrong. There is no possibility to hit from top, as missile only hits designated point, with inclination.

Besides, your armour estimations and calculations have no value at all, modern armour is complex, so you cannot make such ignorant generalisations. I provide actual figures, technical description you, your amateur guessesю :lol:

You are a typical example of guy who read couple articles in internet and thinks he knows everything. But you dont know even basics.

Just imagine what will happen if missile will late for these 0.2-0.1 sec. It wil fly over target. And it happen very easily: tank is moving towards tagret, there is wind, speed of combustion has changed. Also anti tank missile is not designed to make sharp maneuvering. Thats why in reality it goes down several seconds before the impact.
With that statement, you are completely off the point, and still do not understand guidance method operation. Just look at the material and learn, because this is nosense.

Shtota failed to detect Western laser rangefinders. Thats fact.
Shtora detects lasers in 0.7-2.5 micrometers range, some western rangefinders are not within that range, Lahat designator operates in 1.06 micrometres, that is within Shtora's range, so it will be detected. Still difficult to understand ? :lol:

You posted obviously stupid chart which claims that tanker cant hit weakenes zone from point blank range.
Seems you have limited capacity to understand. It is to penetrate, not to hit.

And who are you to contradict those figures ? These are official estimations, of organisations as KBP. If you had atleast some technical education, still not.

If you do not understand still, figure reflected in graphic, search the term, Вероятность пробития при условии попадания, probability of penetration, in condition of hit.

You still dont understand that tanks have weakened zones and sides. Zones i marked with red can be easily penetrated from 4 km:
Graphic is for frontal engagements exclusively, in tank warfare most happen from front, so that is main comparison. What you marked is irrelevant in estimations.

These amateur drawings, there are many in Internet like yours, made by ignorants. It shows nothing but your lack of understanding of guidance method. At start of discussion you said it is top-attack, then you shifted to lofted trajectory, then to 30 grad hit... Still wrong. There is no possibility to hit from top, as missile only hits designated point, with inclination.
OK u wont understand trigonometry i see.

Besides, your armour estimations and calculations have no value at all, modern armour is complex, so you cannot make such ignorant generalisations. I provide actual figures, technical description you, your amateur guessesю :lol:
Actually that plays against you, because armor is optimised to work at LOS impact.

With that statement, you are completely off the point, and still do not understand guidance method operation. Just look at the material and learn, because this is nosense.
Welcome to the real world.

Shtora detects lasers in 0.7-2.5 micrometers range, some western rangefinders are not within that range, Lahat designator operates in 1.06 micrometres, that is within Shtora's range, so it will be detected. Still difficult to understand ? :lol:
I am not sure about Leopards (lazy to check) but M60A3 works in 1.06. Shtora failed against it.

Seems you have limited capacity to understand. It is to penetrate, not to hit.
Seems u dont understand that I can hit weakened zone from point blank range.

And who are you to contradict those figures ?
I am a guy who saw tank hitting targets at 4 km withmy own eyes.

These are official estimations, of organisations as KBP.
This is lame attempt to promote missile.

Graphic is for frontal engagements exclusively, in tank warfare most happen from front, so that is main comparison. What you marked is irrelevant in estimations.
Front also has weakened zones. Besides strictly frontal engagement is does not exist in reality.

OK u wont understand trigonometry i see.
I do not lose time with infantile "calculations", your attempts are as funny as they are, with no value.

Actually that plays against you, because armor is optimised to work at LOS impact.
There is no such thing as optimised, and such generalisations are not valid, as you do not understand dynamic armour structures.

Welcome to the real world.
Your "logic" does not correspond to real world :lol:. Anyway, I by myself, said nothing, all is from provided material, you are discussing them, not me.

You so far, provided nothing at all, and your assumtions and claims are funny, though with no value.

I am not sure about Leopards (lazy to check) but M60A3 works in 1.06. Shtora failed against it.
I provided figures, specifications, you provide nothing.

Seems u dont understand that I can hit weakened zone from point blank range.
Weakened zone, may represent only 20% of frontal projection.

I am a guy who saw tank hitting targets at 4 km withmy own eyes.
This is ridicoulous, you "saw" something which you do not understand at all, and you use that as argument :disagree:.

This is lame attempt to promote missile.
All figures and estimations are serious, you discuss them with no understanding.

Front also has weakened zones. Besides strictly frontal engagement is does not exist in reality.
Frontal engagement, is considered from 0 to 30 degrees, in manouver warfare, those are safe manouvering angles. You should really inform yourself if you argue.

I do not lose time with infantile "calculations", your attempts are as funny as they are, with no value.
Yes, trigonometry is very hard subject for you.

There is no such thing as optimised,
LOL. So u never heard about ceramics, NERA, ERA.

I provided figures, specifications, you provide nothing.
Shtora failed against M60A3 rangefinder, which is 1.06 mkm

Weakened zone, may represent only 20% of frontal projection.
So you dont understand that 20 is more than 0. (its more than 20% actually, but nevermind).

OK, so u cant understand even simple trigonometry. I am sorry. But those who understand know that it gives 2.1 advantage vs. 68 slopped glacis. Lahart has bigger impact angle but I wont argue.

No, I actually chosed bad condition: thick glacis. It can hit the turret roof or drivers hatch.

ob432.1333558731.jpg

You are a typical example of guy who read couple articles in internet and thinks he knows everything. But you dont know even basics.

Just imagine what will happen if missile will late for these 0.2-0.1 sec. It wil fly over target. And it happen very easily: tank is moving towards tagret, there is wind, speed of combustion has changed. Also anti tank missile is not designed to make sharp maneuvering. Thats why in reality it goes down several seconds before the impact.

Shtota failed to detect Western laser rangefinders. Thats fact.

10 Wt is consumption of laser detector sensor.

You posted obviously stupid chart which claims that tanker cant hit weakenes zone from point blank range.

You still dont understand that tanks have weakened zones and sides. Zones i marked with red can be easily penetrated from 4 km:

m1_a1.1333558737.jpg

thanks for photo

is is true that front armor of Leopard 2 has some weak spots?

Back
Top Bottom