What's new

An Intriguing question :)

harrymohan

BANNED
Reaction score
I have a question regarding all the planes which are in MRCA, considering Eurofighter which most of you say is the best in the lot cost like 90-100$ million a piece would be choosen but in past exercises between RAF and IAF, RAF pilots admitted that SU 30 MKI which is like $45 million a piece is much better than their Eurofighter, then how someone in their right senses can buy a Eurofighter which cost double and still can't beat SU 30 MKI.

Same goes with F-18 if IAF pilots in past scored more kills over F-15 then F-16/F-18 most probably are beatable?

Now my question is, what is the point of buying so expensive planes which are not good enough the planes we already have and cost double?

I have said it earlier and I believe many people would agree with me. Chuck the whole MRCA thing and buy more off the shelf MKIs. Its a beauty of an AC. To tackle the resultant heavy tilt towards Russian arms, speed up LCA induction and the MCA development using western/Israeli know-how. Correct me if I am wrong, but in any case the MRCA ACs wont get inducted in large numbers before 2012.

That's a Million Dollar Question.European equipment is naturally expensive because it may have the quality of American but they aren't mass Produced like American.

The Problem with Amrican equipment is that they are relatively cheap but needles sanctions are a very big Problem.Heck you even have to show Planes for inspections whenever the Americans want it and i don't think Indians will be tooo comfortable with this moreover Indians want TOT which obviously America even hesitates to share with UK.

Personally i think MKI is the only good choice of Plane that Indians have ever made.It is very good Plane and with Israeli avionics you more or less get Russian Maneuverability with Western Avionics.Perfect Combination.

So in my opinion India should stick with Russia and Israel.With Israel you get the western quality at affordable price and without American strings

very simple

Su 30MKI is good for air superioroty
and MMRCA is for multirole purposes..
bt eurofighter is same like MKi (air superiority)

best is rafale with 9.5 ton payload.also very good for A2G..

MMRca multirole and Su mki mainly air superiority fighter

^^ considering the size of SU 30 MKI and proposal of putting a cruise missile like Brahmos onto center hardpod of SU 30 shows it could be used for A2G role also. SU 30 MKI is much bigger than Rafale hence carry more payload!

Why not go with SU 35 BM? heard it's a BVR monster, can detect target from 400 Kms and at the same time engage 8 simultaneously ?

^^ considering the size of SU 30 MKI and proposal of putting a cruise missile like Brahmos onto center hardpod of SU 30 shows it could be used for A2G role also. SU 30 MKI is much bigger than Rafale hence carry more payload!

It can be used bt rafale will do A2g as well as A2A very good..
what is the payload of MKI?
rafale payload is 9.5Ton.higher than eurofighter,mig 35,f-15,f-18,f-35,,
dnt knw what is the payload of MKI

Yess..why nt to spend the 5 billion onmore MKI(500)
and 5 bilion on PAK fa or AMCA

I have a question regarding all the planes which are in MRCA, considering Eurofighter which most of you say is the best in the lot cost like 90-100$ million a piece would be choosen but in past exercises between RAF and IAF, RAF pilots admitted that SU 30 MKI which is like $45 million a piece is much better than their Eurofighter, then how someone in their right senses can buy a Eurofighter which cost double and still can't beat SU 30 MKI.

Same goes with F-18 if IAF pilots in past scored more kills over F-15 then F-16/F-18 most probably are beatable?

Now my question is, what is the point of buying so expensive planes which are not good enough the planes we already have and cost double?
Hmmm I can see the concern in ur Question, this whole MMRCA came only after the MIRAGE program was canceled. The IAF recquirements were different and here MKI doesnt fit the bill.
SU MKI is air superiority platform but IAF wanted a effective multi role, to be frank a fighter bomber. They saw what the Mirage can do in Kargil. All contenders in the MMRCA are very good at these roles. If u go by logic then the French should have won this tender long back, but as u say rest is history.

Well one thing I wanna say here is that you can not compare MKI to Typhoon or Rafale. The three are completely different planes.

The MKI uses its powerful radar and long range weapons to kill other aircraft. It uses brute force.

Typhoon on the other hand hides itself, fires more capable missiles, less vulnerable to countermeasures. It uses technology.

MKI is a great plane but there are situations where MKI can not be used, where low observability is a requirement. MKI is a heavy fighter, we don't need heavy fighters for every mission.

Also the build quality of western planes is way way better than Russian planes.

Also the build quality of western planes is way way better than Russian planes.

Stop trolling and say something sensible. If you can't, stay out of debate.

British AJT Hawk was any better? LOL.

Also, whenever you talk about technology, it sounds like a horse-cry. Its typical with Indian army types. They lack the depth.

Back
Top Bottom