What's new

An Interview with Pakistan Air Force Viper Pilot

Thankyou for the compliment for our viper driver however boss no one really said Israel was afraid of PAF or viseversa lets not get our painties all worked up and if some did say that never mind there childesh speech .... they are just kids .If you read one of my posts it states clearly what an ex israeli af capt thought about PAF i still see him till this day he is actually a friend now that went from being a old neighbor of mines .

True, sometimes i need to remind myself to differentiate between childish posts and actual grown up posts.:cheers:
I guess i missed that post, if you don`t mind sending it to me, i`d appreciate it.

I liked reading this interview, the pilot seemed very confident. Though i found amusing the fact that few people thought Israel was afraid of PAF...
But still, impressive interview mostly.

Thank You for the kind words Good Sir. If you look at all the senior members on this board, you can see that the opinion is IDAF is not afraid of PAF and vice versa. The reason for that is both Air Forces don't consider each other enemies and have not factored each other for threat perception.

PAF in fact holds IDAF in the highest regard, as one of our senior members Santro has already explained that the initial batch of PAF Viper Drivers trained alongside with IDAF pilots for the F16's during the 80's in Nellis. PAF pilots preferred to compare notes and mission debriefs with the Israelis, as they both were very capable pilots and had similar skills according to the instructors. Contrary to the opinion of a lot of our young members on this forum, Pakistan and Israel enjoy good relations with each other. Pakistan acquired spares from Israel during the 90's to keep its F16 fleet operational. The first locally produced UAV had a mission control computer produced by Elbiet.

Thank You for the kind words Good Sir. If you look at all the senior members on this board, you can see that the opinion is IDAF is not afraid of PAF and vice versa. The reason for that is both Air Forces don't consider each other enemies and have not factored each other for threat perception.

PAF in fact holds IDAF in the highest regard, as one of our senior members Santro has already explained that the initial batch of PAF Viper Drivers trained alongside with IDAF pilots for the F16's during the 80's in Nellis. PAF pilots preferred to compare notes and mission debriefs with the Israelis, as they both were very capable pilots and had similar skills according to the instructors. Contrary to the opinion of a lot of our young members on this forum, Pakistan and Israel enjoy good relations with each other. Pakistan acquired spares from Israel during the 90's to keep its F16 fleet operational. The first locally produced UAV had a mission control computer produced by Elbiet.

Well deserved. You always have to know to appreciate accomplishments regardless of nationality, i always say. And PAF is definitely worth praising.

I liked reading this interview, the pilot seemed very confident. Though i found amusing the fact that few people thought Israel was afraid of PAF...
But still, impressive interview mostly.

What are the Isrealis afraid of?

A: What they fear most is that we might learn about their tactics, especially BVR countermeasure tactics, which they have mastered.

a lot of the members here are saying that IDAF is not afraid of PAF then why do they fear that we will learn their BVR countermeasure tactics?

I would love it if PAF and IDAF trained together and gained some valuable experience from each other, but why do the israelis ask for the PAF pilots to be distanced from their pilots?? If its not fear then what is it?? Hatred???

answer is already there; at least part of it

again, they maybe didnt forget that we shot down some of their aircrafts...........yes i would love to train with the israeli air force. It's a formidable air force and we could learn much from eachother

pilots have a certain understanding and respect for eachother and it transcends culture or political views

a lot of the members here are saying that IDAF is not afraid of PAF then why do they fear that we will learn their BVR countermeasure tactics?

I would love it if PAF and IDAF trained together and gained some valuable experience from each other, but why do the israelis ask for the PAF pilots to be distanced from their pilots?? If its not fear then what is it?? Hatred???

The pilot gave his opinion on why he thinks we did not want to fly with them, that isn`t a fact, just an opinion.
Could be hatred, could be the fact that Israel trains Indian soldiers and seeing our techniques would give away India`s techniques(Just a theory), could be a lot of different reasons. Since we do not consider each other as threats, there would be only one way to find out who`d win in dog fights, i don`t see that happening anytime soon.

The pilot gave his opinion on why he thinks we did not want to fly with them, that isn`t a fact, just an opinion.
Could be hatred, could be the fact that Israel trains Indian soldiers and seeing our techniques would give away India`s techniques(Just a theory), could be a lot of different reasons. Since we do not consider each other as threats, there would be only one way to find out who`d win in dog fights, i don`t see that happening anytime soon.

Pilots opinion aside, PAF, PA, and PN also train with other NATO countries including the USA who india also trains with so i don't see how that is a reason for IDAF to avoid training with PAF.

that only leaves two reason: Hatred or other ulterior motives

Though i don't understand how it could be hatred if the israelis claim that they have nothing against Pakistan, but if that's the case then why is the IDAF so paranoid???

You are stretching it way too far.
Don't read the word 'fear' out of context.

Pilots opinion aside, PAF, PA, and PN also train with other NATO countries including the USA who india also trains with so i don't see how that is a reason for IDAF to avoid training with PAF.

that only leaves two reason: Hatred or other ulterior motives

Though i don't understand how it could be hatred if the israelis claim that they have nothing against Pakistan, but if that's the case then why is the IDAF so paranoid???

Why they did what they did, only they know. I can`t give you anything more than an educated guess.
Another theory would be that Israel just sees no benefit to have drills with an important Ally`s number 1 enemy.

Frequences and countermeasures used during BVR engagements are one of the most guarded secrets of any AF. During the Red Flag excercises India banned Su-30MKI from using radars at all:

India bans Su-30MKI fighters from using radars during 'Red Flag Nellis' exercise

And this ban happened despite US and India have excellent relationships. Pakistan as you know, does not even recognize Israel.

F-16's CFTs and JHMCS which Pakistan is recieving now are largey based on Israeli technologies.

A very interesting interview and discussions going on in here...:woot:
Yes! the pilot cum aircraft is 50/50 partnership in the success...:azn:

wel wel wel if those F 16 are coming with tracking devices believe me they are as useless as donkey even worst than thek becoz americans can disable functions through this for F 16 when we go in war or in middle of war and listenening to indians americans will going to be do this. i think pakistan is only stupid country who knows it has tracking device it had bought it even if F 22 has this device in it no one going to buy it man they are waste of money you buy it with money not free man why they did not gone for Mig 35 i know indian will make probleums for us but if our stupid airforce and govt had will to buy Mig im 1000 percent sure we have got it via Ukraine help as we got T 80 UD Mig 35 is best solution

True, sometimes i need to remind myself to differentiate between childish posts and actual grown up posts.:cheers:
I guess i missed that post, if you don`t mind sending it to me, i`d appreciate it.

Hi it is in avation section .. thread > Pakistan / awacs and post # 1979 last post is mines its a true story plzz read it thx

TOPGUN>>

Why they did what they did, only they know. I can`t give you anything more than an educated guess.
Another theory would be that Israel just sees no benefit to have drills with an important Ally`s number 1 enemy.

They can see the benefit, by fighting against PAF pilots, IDAF can actually help their "ally" India.

F16s are great planes NO DOUBT. The training with TUAF will be a real eye opener as Turkey is a westernised NATO AIR POWER.

Not sure how a 30 year old F16 can take down a $80m Typhoon fighter which is faster. twin engined, better RADAR AND JAMMERS and canards in WVR dog fight.

TYPHOON people claim to be 2nd only to F22.

I don't see a reason for PAF pilot to lie...

Also the combat was WVR......tactics are way different than BVR............

I think the pilot would know about this encounter better than 99% of IAF or you.

Back
Top Bottom