What's new

An Interview with Pakistan Air Force Viper Pilot

If there are tracking devices then they will be inside the sealed systems, like the avionics suites or the sniper pods because we will not have the ability to look inside. If their Predator and Reaper drones are transmitting their GPS locations via satellite so can a Block 52 F-16.
This is not good!! Tracking device in a war plane.....and then by tracking f-16 toma-hawk on Jaccobabad AB...:argh:

IF F-16 BLK 15 CAN LOCK ON TYPHON IN CLOSE COMBAT THEN F-16 BLK 52 EQUIPPED WITH AMRAAMS N SUPPORTED BY AWACS CAN ALSO TAKE THE TYPHOON DOWN IN BVR ENGAGEMENTS

Q 16: Any memorable experiences that you would like to share?

A: On one occasion – in one of the international Anatolian Eagles - PAF pilots were pitted against RAF Typhoons, a formidable aircraft. There were three set-ups and in all three, we shot down the Typhoons. The RAF pilots were shocked.
My GOD i m very Impress...our Pride..

Q 16: Any memorable experiences that you would like to share?

A: On one occasion – in one of the international Anatolian Eagles - PAF pilots were pitted against RAF Typhoons, a formidable aircraft. There were three set-ups and in all three, we shot down the Typhoons. The RAF pilots were shocked.
My GOD i m very Impress...our Pride..

The info you mentioned has now been refuted, As per information, the typhoons belonged to the italian Af(If I remember correctly. Te encounter did take place and the results were correct but the pilots were not from RAF.I think we have Munir of Pakdef.info to thank for the info .
Araz

The info you mentioned has now been refuted, As per information, the typhoons belonged to the italian Af(If I remember correctly. Te encounter did take place and the results were correct but the pilots were not from RAF.I think we have Munir of Pakdef.info to thank for the info .
Araz

Actually, I managed to obtain this information with the courtesy of Alan Warnes. !!!
I can also confirm that one of the Typhoon was zapped by Wing Cdr. Fawad Masood, call sign "FAT HAT", presently posted to AHQ.

Actually, I managed to obtain this information with the courtesy of Alan Warnes. !!!
I can also confirm that one of the Typhoon was zapped by Wing Cdr. Fawad Masood, call sign "FAT HAT", presently posted to AHQ.
to add further.
The exercise involved was AE 2008, and for those criticising that the dates for the PAF and Italian participation don't match, well, all i can say is that patience is a virtue. The fact is that Israelis who were to participate that year withdrew or some say they were banned.

In any case, PAF was asked to fill in the slot and joined the exercise along with US, Italy and off course Turkey. This meant the participation by the PAF was much earlier than originally planned and reported.

To sum it up, there were three set ups and in all three, PAF pilots from No 9 Squadron (Griffins) zapped three Italian Typhoons.

I have had the priveledge to find out the name of one of the Typhoon shooters, He is Wing Commander Fawad Masood, a 2000 hour viper driver presently assigned to the Air HQ, another pilot with a Typhoon under his belt has been posted on the new Blok-52s while remaining are in Sargodha. The best part is all the HUD footage of the Typhoons getting zapped is with No. 9 Squadron. Just like to add that Wing Commander Fawad Masood also participated in Red Flag and Green Flag exercises.

Thanks to WJ, HC and Adnan.
http://www.f-16.net/pilots-profile2347.html
a comment below his profile
Red Flag
Guest, Sep 01, 2010 - 11:02 PM

He led the PAF contingent in July/August for Det Red Flag 10-04 at Nellis. Very professional, and certainly a hundred times better than what we were expecting from the Pakistani Viper drivers.

Today when i asked Wing commander Fawad Masood (Its actually Fauad Masud) he said nothing such happened.

Great Viper Pilots. PAF has among the most talented pilots in the world & therefore, lets them have a free hand to be creative in battlefield, trusting their judgement.

But, as we acquire more of the Vipers, we must specialize pilots rather than clamping upon them the formidable multi pilot role, that will truly make them aces. But this calls for atleast 6 squardons, double the present number.

Today when i asked Wing commander Fawad Masood (Its actually Fauad Masud) he said nothing such happened.
His reply depends upon the platform you used for question, any sensible man would not talk something like this on phone/email/FB etc.

G/C F.Hatmi is surely of of the greatest pilots ever served in PAF, he has topped almost every course he has attended during his carreer!

Well, firstly if you have an acquaintance with the said Officer, then, I am surprised you still refer to him as a Wing Commander, since he now holds the rank of a Group Captain, and as Najam Khan pointed out that it's highly unlikely of him to openly make any such disclosures.
On Topic, I have received this image from a reliable source, showing some of the Typhoon Zappers. !!

download2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom