What's new

An Interview with Pakistan Air Force Viper Pilot

Brilliant interview. Is the pilot named anywhere? I am amazed at his candour and frankness! He just admitted to stuff that 99% of his countrymen would not like to hear.

I hope that the powers that be at India's Ministry of Defense are reading this before even thinking of buying the SH or the Viper. Me, I am all for the 'independent choice'.

I think the pilot also mentions the future induction of J-10s.....more than enough to give India headache even without F-16s.

Plus all old MLU F-16s are not prone to these restrictions, for they have been based right next to India for years and will continue to do so.

There are no restrictions on the block 52 and the Amraam c5's are not meant for talibani magic carpets' lol.

Brilliant interview. Is the pilot named anywhere? I am amazed at his candour and frankness! He just admitted to stuff that 99% of his countrymen would not like to hear.

I hope that the powers that be at India's Ministry of Defense are reading this before even thinking of buying the SH or the Viper. Me, I am all for the 'independent choice'.

Look, traditionally US provides its equipment for defensive use or as a deterrent. So if IAF acts as an Invader, under the traditional terms of use, PAF can pit these vipers against invading Indian Jets. So even if I rule out a strike role for the time being, these birds can still be used with all freedom in defensive setup. Historically PAF has been a defensive force. So it makes no difference for her as she will not be the invader, a violation of traditional terms of use.

Love how the Israelis refuse to have anything to do with us :P Itna dhar te ho hum sai

the Block 52 C/D has technology that is very sensitive. The Americans are wary of us handing tech. over to the Chinese. I doubt the indian lobby had much to do with the deal or how it proceeded since we can outsmart them in Washington.

think of it as a bonus; not as a front-line fighter. 250+ JF-17s --many of which will be block II versions that are far revamped and improved, coupled by older F-16s (which we can by now fly our hearts out with to their limit) and future induction of FC-20 will ensure that our defensive and offensive-defense capabilities are intact.

the enemy we face is well aware that we don't take defence matters lightly. Our skies have never been friendly to enemies --whether it was soviets or hindustany

in the end, it's all that matters.

the part in the interview about israeli air force staff being averse to Pakistani pilots and crew being ''anywhere near them'' -- i found quite entertaining. I was a bit surprised though.

I mean really, are they scared we'll de-brief and share notes with the Lebanese and the Palestinian Air Force? :what::lol:

to me it seems like a sign of weakness....or perhaps they remember that we dispatched pilots in both 67 and 73 wars, some of whom secured kills and are living today to tell about it.

To those who replied to me: Is it likely that the pilot knows more about the F-16 C/D than you folks? Clearly, he does!

If he says that there are restrictions as he described, I would definitely believe him. Is there a chance that you guys are fooling yourself when you say there are no restrictions on the new Vipers? Clearly you are.

In a nutshell, PAF can be a fantastic defensive force with or without the new Vipers. But as an offensive force? Not sure anymore.

About the Israeli Air force keeping away from the PAF, do you guys really think it is because they are running scared? By that definition, the USAF is running scared from the Chinese Air force because they won't allow the PAF to show them the new Vipers. You be the mature judge here.

I also repeat that this pilot's confidence in his ability and his candour in the interview is superb and I can't think of a single interview by a serving IAF pilot that is even half as good:-(

To those who replied to me: Is it likely that the pilot knows more about the F-16 C/D than you folks? Clearly, he does!

If he says that there are restrictions as he described, I would definitely believe him. Is there a chance that you guys are fooling yourself when you say there are no restrictions on the new Vipers? Clearly you are.

In a nutshell, PAF can be a fantastic defensive force with or without the new Vipers. But as an offensive force? Not sure anymore.

About the Israeli Air force keeping away from the PAF, do you guys really think it is because they are running scared? By that definition, the USAF is running scared from the Chinese Air force because they won't allow the PAF to show them the new Vipers. You be the mature judge here.

I also repeat that this pilot's confidence in his ability and his candour in the interview is superb and I can't think of a single interview by a serving IAF pilot that is even half as good:-(

A couple of squadrons of F-16s on defensive roles in case of war with India, will make PAF send the JF-17s or J-10s for attack role.s How does that change the PAF ability to harm India, less f-16s?

I mean a few more years and entire PAF would be BVR....with missiles ranging from AIM 120 to SD-10s.

Plus as he already said, PAF pilots have superior experience in WVR combat against the Typhoons. F-16s can still do the Air to Air dog fights with in Pakistan............so yea a great interview and great personality.

Is it likely that the pilot knows more about the F-16 C/D than you folks? Clearly, he does!

maybe you should heed to your own advice and assertions. he clearly outlined the reason why the israelis may be averse to PAF personnel being within their vicinity

and besides; they may perceive PAF to be hostile since in the past PAF pilots shot down israeli aircrafts in both 1967 and 1973 wars. They are not the type of people who easily forget such things.

@Penumbra:
See, now this is complete speculation. Where are the J-10's ? I am unaware of any order being placed yet. Correct me with news of actual contracts if I am wrong.

Also, you should consider the match up of JF 17's and the existing fleet with the existing fleet of the IAF. I mean the Su-30's ,the Mig 29's and the Mirages primarily. What do you think?

About the WVR skills of the PAF, can the IAF be far different today?

@AZ:
You need to read the interview again. I wont explain this to you.

indians speculations on 'another' forum

^^ they consiously disregard the typhoon combat results and assume the interview is bogus as there is no name of this pilot

----

however , when it comes to the political statement of f16 restriction , they are more than willing to accept the credibility of the interview !!:argh:

^^ they consiously disregard the typhoon combat results and assume the interview is bogus as there is no name of this pilot ---- however , when it comes to the political statement of f16 restriction , they are more than willing to accept it !!

What???
I have yet to see one comment calling this interview bogus? Are you reading the same thread as the rest of us?

The typhoon result is fantastic, of course. No doubt about it.

Back
Top Bottom