What's new

An Insight into Al-Khalid II MBT.

47 tonnes for MBT is less. The fascination for lighter tanks should end

47 tonnes for MBT is less. The fascination for lighter tanks should end
Yes I agree. If you look at the western tanks like the Abrams, Leopards and even the Merkavas, they're all over 60 tonnes.

its the increase in armour that adds to bulk of the weight.

Yes I agree. If you look at the western tanks like the Abrams, Leopards and even the Merkavas, they're all over 60 tonnes.
Yr Abraham is junk. It failed miserably in Pakistan in late 80s.

This Pakistan which holds the extremes of geography and temperatures not any xyz thing can work here.....46 tons is medium weight tank and its the most suitable for our needs, geography and temperature. This tank has they key things like agility and power to weight ratio which is 26. This means it has got superior mobility.

A tank is judged on 3 aspects

1) Firepower
2) Mobility
3) Safety.

The thing in which AK lacked a little was in safety which has already been addressed in AK-1 version. Now its weight is 47-48 or 49 tons. Pakistan had tested a new Armour which had known to beat all known 120-125mm rounds but is lighter in weight. Its made of Boron Carbide.

For more details visit these threads.

PA TANKS comparison with contempory tanks

Al-Khalid tank (Type 90-IIM / MBT-2000) Information Pool

Last edited:
^^

Abrams was not selected on firing accuracy issues, T-59 was found to have better accuracy. weight was not a factor.

^^

Abrams was not selected on firing accuracy issues, T-59 was found to have better accuracy. weight was not a factor.
Thats not the only reason. Like i said 3 main points are there when a tank is judged upon. Its fire report was proved to be inferior then basic T-59 tanks as u may have seen that in WSJ's We are Soldiers. But it wasnt the only reason.

Its mammoth weight is its main weakness, its again proved against Daesh in Iraq. Visit the first link's second page u will know exactly what blunders it did in Bhawalpur. It has a crappy mobility.

^^
If weight was an issue then Leclerc in UAE, Merkava in isarel, M1 in KSA and Egypt would not make sense. USA wouldnt be fielding M1 in gulf wars.

visit the series "we were soldiers" in armour episode and you would know why M1 wasnt chosen.

^^
If weight was an issue then Leclerc in UAE, Merkava in isarel, M1 in KSA and Egypt would not make sense. USA wouldnt be fielding M1 in gulf wars.

visit the series "we were soldiers" in armour episode and you would know why M1 wasnt chosen.
I have seen we are soldiers and i can see why u said it in first place because i had guessed that u may have watched it.

It was one of the reasons yes but not THE only reason. And Plz dont compare us and those crappy arab armies. They survive on American influence so for them keeping American happy is more important. U have talked abt Merkava but Why hasnt even Israelis brought this Abraham series rather go for their own tank in the first place?:azn:

This tank is just not good enough for professional armies. The idea behind this tank as well as Leo, Leclerc etc etc is to take on the Soviat or ex soviat and Russian tanks in hard and cold land of Europe. Do u even know that Abraham's engine also at one point sucked so much dust of desert that it practically got completely immobile? @Dazzler
Dazzler is our forum expert in Tanks and APCs, who has either worked or works with HMC Taxila, he can give u more details and im asking again to vision those links specially the first one to know abt more details.

Americans in all of the history of Abramas had been pressurizing us to induct the Abrahams their latest offer dates as early as 2007.

AK while in otherhand is idea for our needs infrastructure as well as a machine of which we in full control of. We can make those thing, update those things even export those things at will! U can only dream of that with any western product.

^^

Your statements are based on general views of what you think about western armies and their tanks. I was hoping for some solid points to move ahead.

^^

Your statements are based on general views of what you think about western armies and their tanks. I was hoping for some solid points to move ahead.
lol thats all u have come up with? or perhaps yr australian residence making u think that western weaponry is somewhat superior! since yr not physically connected to Pakistan and its terrains as well as climate.

The western weapons and the tech of 21 century or the weapons available since 80s are not quit good or very advance, simply because the other nations have now caught them in technology. Now their uniqueness is no more. That technology was the base of their claims of having superior weaponry.

Go get some knowledge then come.

lol thats all u have come up with? or perhaps yr australian residence making u think that western weaponry is somewhat superior! since yr not physically connected to Pakistan and its terrains as well as climate.

The western weapons and the tech of 21 century or the weapons available since 80s are not quit good or very advance, simply because the other nations have now caught them in technology. Now their uniqueness is no more. That technology was the base of their claims of having superior weaponry.

Go get some knowledge then come.
personal assumptions are all what you came up with. I won't even bother replying to your senseless crappy assumptions but do Try not to make any personal attack or I will report you to admins.

personal assumptions are all what you came up with. I won't even bother replying to your senseless crappy assumptions but do Try not to make any personal attack or I will report you to admins.
lol those arent personal assumptions thats why i shared sources in which numerous senior members and TTs said the same. Its not me but u who is stuck with his impressions. Visit the sources to know.....

lol those arent personal assumptions thats why i shared sources in which numerous senior members and TTs said the same. Its not me but u who is stuck with his impressions. Visit the sources to know.....
Stop wasting time here try to find some one from HIT and get info on AK-2 and its current status

Zarvan gave perfect reply to you above, go figure. I cant waste time with you any more, no solid points till now. adios.

Back
Top Bottom