What's new

An Insight into Al-Khalid II MBT.

The only problem was with Al Khalid tank was it cannot dive into deep waters army wanted to clear that hurdle in new AK 2 I heard it from one inside soldier in army tank one reaso because pakistan army want to use it for multiple uses Pakistani marines lack heavy punch of tank which us marines has this might be one reason and other is Pakistan is rich with rivers which are very heavy and deep this is also a reason

The only problem was with Al Khalid tank was it cannot dive into deep waters army wanted to clear that hurdle in new AK 2 I heard it from one inside soldier in army tank one reaso because pakistan army want to use it for multiple uses Pakistani marines lack heavy punch of tank which us marines has this might be one reason and other is Pakistan is rich with rivers which are very heavy and deep this is also a reason
I remember seeing AL Khalid with a snorkel. Can someone confirm / deny what he is saying?

@fatman17

I remember seeing AL Khalid with a snorkel. Can someone confirm / deny what he is saying?

@fatman17

depends what are " deep waters" ? Like a submarine ?

I think the river/water crossing capabilities of the Type 90 II and our Al-Khalid should be the same if not better:

Type 90 II in "deep waters" ^^
G1HIbhD (1).jpg

Last edited:
Why do HIT keep on advertising the Al Hamza IFV when it never went past prototype phase? Led lights is a bit random as well!

Saw a new pic of al khalid 1 does it have a remote control machine gun on top on defence. Pk Facebook page

How many AL-KHALIDs have been produced yet. My thinking is that about 800 of them for PAK ARM Y.

How many AL-KHALIDs have been produced yet. My thinking is that about 800 of them for PAK ARM Y.
I am searching for this answer too. As per Wikipedia we got 320 at least. But exact and correct figures ?..........May be any senior member will like to help

I think KSA has bought some from Pakistan or China but surely now and forever KSA and other Middle Eastern country will never ever buy Pakistani made equipments. :pakistan:

Middle East, will be spending on buying weapons from USA, EU, Russia and some China too.

I am searching for this answer too. As per Wikipedia we got 320 at least. But exact and correct figures ?..........May be any senior member will like to help
450 produced 50 more on order that's 500 by the end of 2015.

depends what are " deep waters" ? Like a submarine ?

I think the river/water crossing capabilities of the Type 90 II and our Al-Khalid should be the same if not better:

Type 90 II in "deep waters" ^^
View attachment 215950

Type 90II is an older tank .. We actually built modified-upgraded variants of it by the name of Type-90IIAP o something like that .. As for AK .. It's much more capable than it or our UD's for thT matter.

Sir any info about our production line? how many Al Khalids we can produce per year? also how much we intend to induct?

Currently we are producing 50 per year but the capacity to produce 100 per year was planned back in 2010-11 .. (I guess we are building 50 coz of financial restraints)...

Im not sure about the total requirement of the AKs but my guess would be 600..

Till than we will have AK-II.. Which will replace the older Type series in service.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom