What's new

An Indo-Arab blunder?

Selfless or otherwise, it doesn't amount to anything on the ground if one goes by what you reasoned. Such relationships are important though, irrespective of what they can realistically achieve.

Sometimes you have to do the right thing regardless of what it may benifit you-

Let me just remind you majority of expat force in Arab countries are you guys the Indians- which contribute alot to your economy more than you could offer Israel in terms of military tech and technology-

Actually, our expatriate communities contribute immensely to their economies as well. There is a good reason why they were allowed there in the first place.

The O.P is critisizing this exact attitude, that arab nations like you calculated that india does not matter in the middle east.True not right now, but surely the growing closeness of india and israel is not a welcoming sign for the arab nations, there are many ways with which now india can help israel...for ex their spy sattelite was recently launched by ISRO, space tech. coordination,joint ventures,intelligence sharing....and if and when india does get into UNSC..then surely its importance will increase.

And since when is Israel bothering anyone other than the Palestinians and Hizbollah in Southern Lebanon?
Do you see Israel bothering Morocco, Oman, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Sudan, KSA, Yemen, UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait etc.

Is Israel going to invade half of the Arab world now and India the remaining?:omghaha:;)

Let me just remind you majority of expat force in Arab countries are you guys the Indians- which contribute alot to your economy more than you could offer Israel in terms of military tech and technology-

and if it ever comes to the choice between Arabs or Israel considering the baniye nature of you guys (as evident from this thread all you talking about is money) we all know what you will choose-
Why should we care about anything else in the Arab world apart from trade?
They are not our assumed kith and kin, they are not our assumed 'brotherly countries'. Neither our mental security nor our culture is dependent on ME.
I don't get the logic you are trying to portray here. We will do what is best for our nation India.

Secondly, because if selfless support was the reason why Pakistanis supported Palestine, then you would have similarly supported Tibetans. We understand the 'be more Arab than the Arabs' syndrome of Pakistani's and why you keep trying in Palestine.

Last edited:

It's a deeply personal trait which simply cannot be replicated at a National level. Nations must struggle for their own survival and well-being, and offer the best to their own citizens before thinking about others. Isn't that why Nations seek independence in the first place?

I don't see a role for China either. US is a major player and the root of all this mess, while Iran does a splendid job as a nuisance factor. The Arab League is a joke, given that they hold all the aces to forcing an end to this conflict and yet choose to sit idly by.

China has a veto so China find some role to play.

And since when is Israel bothering anyone other than the Palestinians and Hizbollah in Southern Lebanon?
Do you see Israel bothering Morocco, Oman, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Sudan, KSA, Yemen, UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait etc.
Another valid point. It seems the Pakistani's jump more on Palestinian causes than Arabs.

China has a veto so China find some role to play.

So does Russia. Doesn't count for much in this conflict though.

The way I see it, this mess is a brain-child of the UN. Europe was responsible for the deaths of millions of Jews, but the task of accommodating refugees from Europe at the cost of their own homes fell upon the Palestinians. And all based on some exodus BS that was already a 1000 years past it's sell-by date. So, in a way, all member countries of the UN have a stake in ending this conflict.

Can you elaborate on that front because I am ignorant when it comes to those resolutions. How much of that is due to the friendship with Pakistan you think?

Friendship with Pakistan is surely involved in such resolution. Every year on OIC meet, there is a routine tradition that OIC passes a resolution on Kashmir to annoy India and Indian government rejecting it. Moreover, Kashmir as the unbreakable part of India is deeply ingrained in Indian psyche and when we supported one of your emotional issue regarding Palestine, we wish Arabs to stay away from such issue.

Last edited:
The Arabs are smart. They know that a statement in OIC would not affect India at all, that is tokenism, but in return they would have a Pakistan willing to shoot itself for them.

Our relations with Arabs are not bad at all. They are consistently neutral. They don't spoil their relations with India while getting a Pakistan for no cost by using a few 'brotherly country' proverbs and a little money here and there.

You have to give them credit where it is due. Had we been in Arab position, we would have followed the exact same policy.

I agree completely.
But for how long will that be true?
One decade, two decades, three?

Interests and relations are formed based on what can be achieved and is possible, not what is currently.
India is growing faster than the global average each year. It is literally inevitable that we end up becoming the third or fourth largest economy in the world and third largest military power in the world.

No. They dont.
They 'might' need us in the future...when we are capable of projecting military power in that region and/or become a major cog in the middle eastern economy. Currently that is not the case and so they don't and neither do we.

Currently both India and Israel don't need each other, but add value to each other through trade and security. There is a big difference between the two aspects.

I disagree for a certain extent .And you already said about future.
At least they want to avoid a potential headache that might form in future.A headache means Indians strong support for Palestine and ignoring Israel.
US cant guarantee their protection to Israel in future.So they want India and China to stay away from their path and in process they can find market for their weapons in these countries especially China.

Actually, our expatriate communities contribute immensely to their economies as well. There is a good reason why they were allowed there in the first place.

Lol after reading some of @JUBA 's comments, I will have to disagree. :rofl:

The way I see it, this mess is a brain-child of the UN. Europe was responsible for the deaths of millions of Jews, but the task of accommodating refugees from Europe at the cost of their own homes fell upon the Palestinians. And all based on some exodus BS that was already a 1000 years past it's sell-by date. So, in a way, all member countries of the UN have a stake in ending this conflict.

There is no solution for it. Now, nobody can solve it.

and if it ever comes to the choice between Arabs or Israel considering the baniye nature of you guys (as evident from this thread all you talking about is money) we all know what you will choose-

Indian economy is not based on remittance expectation.And its contribution to Indian economy is less than 3 %.But we give skilled people for middle east and in turn we are buying oil from these countries worth of billions of dollars.Its all a good business.

Only Western countries, Arab League, Iran and China are relevant in this middle East conflict.

Except UN security council we dont see any chinese influence there

India should keep their relations with Arab countries to a minimum.

I think it is time for India to abandon this palestine issue and the hint of pro-arab-ness that India has traditionally demonstrated. But India doesn't need to publicly party with Israel either. India needs to keep to itself, vote in favor of israel in UN or abstain from voting against Israel.

India is a master of balancing act, we are allies of russia and USA, we have defense ties with both. We have diplomatic ties with Israel, KSA and Iran, and all of them work. Politically we need to be neutral when it comes to gulf states. maintain good relation with all, work with Israel in joint development in agriculture, engineering and education sector. And try and bridge gaps between Israel and certain sections in Iran if possible. With the arab states we should maintain relations of good customer. pay them on time, and do some chit chat and limit immigration.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom