What's new

An apology to turks!

Ozr khaiye mano bepazir . To be honest this was a kind " minute by minute " :lol: forget about him ... and welcome to the forum bro ;)

No my wording could have been better really. Anyway thanks for the welcome. I feel right at home!

I think this Little piece is worth reading for all of us muslims here. But I didn't know where to post this, so the moderators are wellcome to move or delete.
With regards

An apology to the Turks:
I have recently been doing some looking around for plane tickets to Iran. If all goes well I will be visiting the country soon. But It turns out, that Iran Air has stopped flying to Iran from here.
So Looking for other options, I found Turkish airline and some other European airliners and decided, that I would not fly with the Turkish Airline, because by doing so, I would be helping the Turkish economy and thereby their government and policies. I actually did not care, that a Turkish airline ticket is half the price of, lets say, the German or Austrian airline ticket!
As you know, I am very verbal in my opposition to Turkish policies!
Strange enough, I have very recently started reading a book about Lawrence of Arabia and it got me thinking and made me aware of my flaw and mistake.
I have never understood, how some people betray their own people and country by helping our enemies like the british and Americans, because of ideological differences with our country’s leadership and establishment. Thinking more about it I discovered, that we muslims have time after time helped destroy our word by thinking, that we are achieving something by helping for example the british to destroy the ottoman empire and thereby not only keep the British empire alive and more powerful but also their dominion over ourselves!
I found myself committing the same fatal mistake of wanting to helping austrian economy instead of a muslim nation!
It also made it clear for me the wisdom of our political leaders and their strategy towards nations like Turkey!
WE MUST NEVER ALLOW OURSELVES TO BE BLINDED BY DISAGREEMENT TO SUCH A LEVEL, THAT IT RESULTS IN OUR WEAKENING OF OUR OMMA.
So I am going to buy a Turkish Airline ticket, because I rather support the Turkish economy and our fellow muslims, than the Austrian Airline!
With regards
I also opened a similar thread about Arabs some time ago because i got caught in flame war and started with racial insults even thought it isnt my style, but to be fair some of them pushed the limits. :D

But opening a apology thread about such a simple thing? Do what you think as right as long as you dont become unjust.

Anyways, cheers.

Well yes dar Holland be donya omadam. I'll try my best. It'll be a handfull won't it? Sadly and very regrettably, I've never been to Iran. I want to go so bad. I've always been in Turkey with my Turkish side of the family, but I've only seen my Iranian family a few times, mostly my dad flew them over into Turkey.

My dad fled Iran in the early 80's, he was a Communist can you believe that? He regrets it with all of his being. He can't go back, since he was in jail. Possibly to be 'finished'. He doesn't talk about it a lot. I want to go, but he's afraid of me having to possibly serve in the military or perhaps other problems. Well, I hope the possible nuclear deal might lessen tensions a bit, and he and I can go visit our country, which he hasn't seen in 30 years. Qabre padar bozorgesh va bibish natonest bebine. Badbagd. Anyway, he isn't a dissident. He knows the alternatives.

I'll try my best:D I have a Pakistani friend in NL, a punjabi, and I believe he wouldn't be able to pull that off! Double standards!

Bale mifamam. Wali neveshtanesh geli zeshte haha. Are padaram Irooniye. Hamishe Farsi sohbat mikonim.
My dad was was also a communist in his younger years and spent time in jail after the kiri enghelab of 78. In the past 15 years he's only been back to Iran once b/c he gets harassed by those koskesh hezbollahi bikars at the airport. I also have the sarbazi issue so I don't go back. Went there once in 07 when I was still in university (when you're in university you're allowed to go back for 3 months), but that's been the only time in the past 15 years.

There's not much to see anyway. If you were born outside, you will get a culture shock under the current atmosphere. So you're not missing anything. I was born there and lived there till grade 6 so from time to time I become nostalgic about the country, but if you were born outside, there's nothing to see. In any case there's the sarbazi issue so....

@ IR-TR,
Tell your father to contact his local embassy.They are very helpful and unless your father has killed somebody, or has been active with our enemies, I doubt anybody cares today! I only have very Little contact with iranians here, but have heard, that they will tell you, if it is ok or not to travel back. He still has to go through the bureaucratic hastle the first time he visits, a couple of my old freinds had to anyways.
Wether you like it or not, you are legally considered an iranian in Iran, so if you visit Iran, the law is the law, although I think you can visit Iran for max 3 months a year. contact your local embassy. I am sure they will be helpful. But as an iranian I rather you never visit the country. Be European and live your life accordingly!
But keep insulting us and tell us about how we dislike our beautiful leaders and our people and even you and I would have a problem! We iranians have never had any reason to be proud of our nation for centuries and as we have shown time after time despite all the enemies, pressure and war, we are still standing behind our leaders and will do so in the future.
Now read something and learn something real other than the garbage you have been fed all your life! Before it is too late that is.
Goodby to all for now.
They have become more relaxed regarding "communists," but they still harass people at the point of entry and exit. Depends on whether you want to go through that or not. My dad went back last year just to take care of some stuff after 14 years of not being there. He said they grilled him at the airport like no tomorrow. You never know what can happen when one of these ugly piggish looking hezbollahi animals tells you something. You might lose your cool and answer back and there goes your passport, your ID card etc... Unless there's some family emergency back in Iran, better not go.

Well my mom's Turkish and my father Iranian (Fars). I'm always quite amused by the Turkish/Iranian fanboyism. It's all cool I guess.

However proud I am of Osmanli Imperatorlugu, the Arabs in my modern view didn't 'betray' their 'own' 'country' or whatever. It was an empire, simple as that. The Ottoman Empire was almost as big as the Roman Empire. Quite a lot of 'peoples' and religions under one umbrella. Even though some would say 'muslim betrayal', I don't buy that. Lets see Turkiye live under Arab rule. Hayir canim. Impossible. Or Iran for that matter. Anyway, I'm getting off topic.

Iran and Turkey for the past 100 years give or take, have had an understanding. Two biggest countries in the ME just can't be at each others throat. Even though there seems to be some animosity today, it isn't goint to spill over into anything serious. If and when Iran can be opened up, trade between the two nations will be so big, there will never be anything that can't be solved diplomatically. Look at Europe. European nations joined at the hip merely through trade (Germany and France).

BTW, how can I put in the Iranian and Turkish flag if I'm based in the Netherlands? Sagol Tassakor.

Arabs betrayed their Religion. Muslims are meant to be in one Ummah in one nation in a Caliphate, betraying it means betraying your religion.

You honestly braindead, worthless selfhating blind ignorant piece of garbage, abii! What do you think, the Americans would do to some one like you, if you said the same Things about them here(!) and just had a transit stop in one of their airports! The anal probe would be the kindest part of it! The British the french the Americans are living in a police state like no other in the history of mankind, you ....!
And yes rahi is right, IR-TR I was being kind but as someone whom has lived a lot of years in in the West, I will honestly tell you, that I fear the second and third gen diasporas, because of the damage they are doing to our nation. Just take a look at persian BBC, WHO do you think is working there or their intelligence agencies for that matter! Part braindead, part brainwashed, part spy adventures part playing "journalistik" garbage! Offer that to any western kid too and they will jump on the chance like flies on a you know what!
I just came back to write that apology and read and Watch the parades and be gone again.
Good luck anyways

Back Again, time passes by so fast!
@500,
I hear you, in my experience the same thing is true even amongst freinds and Family, at school or at Work. Believe me it takes a greate person to understand the meaning and the value of an apology.
But one thing I have learned so far in this life, thanks to Islam, and that is, that what ever kindness we exibit we do for our selves and what ever despicable we do we also do to our selves. I have spent years of my life discussing with all kinds of people and I learned one thing: They all wanted to WIN! not to learn, not to get better or be better.... If our IMAMS and our leaders today have taught us anything, it is to walk our path regardless and be true to our martyrs past and present and hope for God to show us mercy, what ever shape and form it may take! This is what I personally hope to do the rest of my life anyways.
Good luck Again Again!

Last edited:
My dad was was also a communist in his younger years and spent time in jail after the kiri enghelab of 78. In the past 15 years he's only been back to Iran once b/c he gets harassed by those koskesh hezbollahi bikars at the airport. I also have the sarbazi issue so I don't go back. Went there once in 07 when I was still in university (when you're in university you're allowed to go back for 3 months), but that's been the only time in the past 15 years.

There's not much to see anyway. If you were born outside, you will get a culture shock under the current atmosphere. So you're not missing anything. I was born there and lived there till grade 6 so from time to time I become nostalgic about the country, but if you were born outside, there's nothing to see. In any case there's the sarbazi issue so....

They have become more relaxed regarding "communists," but they still harass people at the point of entry and exit. Depends on whether you want to go through that or not. My dad went back last year just to take care of some stuff after 14 years of not being there. He said they grilled him at the airport like no tomorrow. You never know what can happen when one of these ugly piggish looking hezbollahi animals tells you something. You might lose your cool and answer back and there goes your passport, your ID card etc... Unless there's some family emergency back in Iran, better not go.
That sucks. I finish University next month. Yeah I'm European but that's okay. You go to another country for another culture. I want to see Iran's culture. And really, I barely know my dad's family. Besides an uncle in the US, my Iranian aunt has only been at our house twice or thrice. My dad has another 4 sisters and I've never even seen them. Besides, cholo kabab is lagging in Europe:D

And yeah, he hasn't even been for over 30 years can you believe that. Must be that harassment he's afraid of. He's a dignified man, over 60 now. It's not really ideal to have him harassed by a couple of kids. I might even flip. So perhaps we better wait. Sadly. Damn youngsters of them. Communism blah haha. He laughs out loud now about how silly he was. But hey, if he didn't become a Commie and come here, I wouldn't have been here.

Arabs betrayed their Religion. Muslims are meant to be in one Ummah in one nation in a Caliphate, betraying it means betraying your religion.
Umm no. I woulnd't want to be ruled by Turks if I were an Arab. Same for Iran. Same for being ruled by Arabs. Time to get over it. The only ummah or Caliphate I'd ever accept would be a democratic and voluntary Caliphate. Not by force.

That sucks. I finish University next month. Yeah I'm European but that's okay. You go to another country for another culture. I want to see Iran's culture. And really, I barely know my dad's family. Besides an uncle in the US, my Iranian aunt has only been at our house twice or thrice. My dad has another 4 sisters and I've never even seen them. Besides, cholo kabab is lagging in Europe:D

And yeah, he hasn't even been for over 30 years can you believe that. Must be that harassment he's afraid of. He's a dignified man, over 60 now. It's not really ideal to have him harassed by a couple of kids. I might even flip. So perhaps we better wait. Sadly. Damn youngsters of them. Communism blah haha. He laughs out loud now about how silly he was. But hey, if he didn't become a Commie and come here, I wouldn't have been here.

Umm no. I woulnd't want to be ruled by Turks if I were an Arab. Same for Iran. Same for being ruled by Arabs. Time to get over it. The only ummah or Caliphate I'd ever accept would be a democratic and voluntary Caliphate. Not by force.

During that time nobody considered them selves Arab or Turk, Lawrence brought this filthy nationalism ideas.

You honestly braindead, worthless selfhating blind ignorant piece of garbage, abii! What do you think, the Americans would do to some one like you, if you said the same Things about them here(!) and just had a transit stop in one of their airports! The anal probe would be the kindest part of it! The British the french the Americans are living in a police state like no other in the history of mankind, you ....!
And yes rahi is right, IR-TR I was being kind but as someone whom has lived a lot of years in in the West, I will honestly tell you, that I fear the second and third gen diasporas, because of the damage they are doing to our nation. Just take a look at persian BBC, WHO do you think is working there or their intelligence agencies for that matter! Part braindead, part brainwashed, part spy adventures part playing "journalistik" garbage! Offer that to any western kid too and they will jump on the chance like flies on a you know what!
I just came back to write that apology and read and Watch the parades and be gone again.
Good luck anyways

Back Again, time passes by so fast!
@500,
I hear you, in my experience the same thing is true even amongst freinds and Family, at school or at Work. Believe me it takes a greate person to understand the meaning and the value of an apology.
But one thing I have learned so far in this life, thanks to Islam, and that is, that what ever kindness we exibit we do for our selves and what ever despicable we do we also do to our selves. I have spent years of my life discussing with all kinds of people and I learned one thing: They all wanted to WIN! not to learn, not to get better or be better.... If our IMAMS and our leaders today have teached us, it is to walk our path regardless and be true to our martyrs past and present and hope for God to show us mercy, what ever shape and form it may take! This is what I personally hope to do the rest of my life anyways.
Good luck Again Again!
Well I just want to go because I've never been and I have ton of family there. My dad has some unfinished business there, like a house or what not. I wouldn't LIVE there, but I want to visit there. And no, I don't want to impose Western values there. Each country is different, and I wouldn't be going there for politics. Just to see family, sights and EAT KEBAB. Anyway, I share some of your feelings regarding diaspora and their tunnel vision anti the current government. I couldn't care less about the Iranian people's rights honestly, I just want them to become wealthier after a nuclear deal inshallah. They need their pride back. Shab khos.

During that time nobody considered them selves Arab or Turk, Lawrence brought this filthy nationalism ideas.
I don't know about that. Even in Turkey there were different races and groups. Anyway, yes Lawrence may suck a D. in hell, but the Ottoman Empire was finished anyway. All good things come to an end. And ps: would Turkey like to be under Saud rule today? I really don't think so. As I said, a voluntary Caliphate (democratic) would be great. Other nations couldn't push us around any more. (all ME nations)

It is strange that Middle Eastern communists didn't immigrate to China, Russia, Cuba, or North Korea. Rather, they immigrated to the most capitalists countries on Earth. Of course, non of these countries allow immigration, except Russia may be. But, it is still very ironic that they didn't endure their lives where they were, and decided instead to spit on their communist past once and for all.

Last edited:
It is strange that Middle Eastern communists didn't immigrate to China, Russia, Cuba, or North Korea. Rather, they immigrated to the most capitalists countries on Earth. Of course, non of these countries allow immigration, except Russia may be. But, it is still very ironic that they didn't endure their lives where they were, and decided instead to spit on their communist past once and for all.

They fled, they didn't migrate. Being put in a prison does that to you, perhaps even edam punishment. So no, not migration, but rather fleeing.

Anyway, it takes a more sophisticated population to even understand different types of economic government. Yes, Communism is stupid, but wanting to help poor people and having an ideology is not stupid.

They fled, they didn't migrate. Being put in a prison does that to you, perhaps even edam punishment. So no, not migration, but rather fleeing.

Anyway, it takes a more sophisticated population to even understand different types of economic government. Yes, Communism is stupid, but wanting to help poor people and having an ideology is not stupid.

Helping people by letting governments hijack economies? Governments can barely issue driving licenses, with still so much hassel. Most communists were literally brainwashed by the USSR's intense propaganda. Nothing more. Didn't Stalin's daughter immigrate to the U.S?

And many Middle Eastern communists were still able to live in thier countries. They were imprisoned and released, and have lived in thier countries after thier release for a little while.

Helping people by letting governments hijack economies? Governments can barely issue driving licenses, with still so much hassel. Most communists were literally brainwashed by the USSR's intense propaganda. Nothing more. Didn't Stalin's daughter immigrate to the U.S?

And many Middle Eastern communists were still able to live in thier countries. They were imprisoned and released, and have lived in thier countries after thier release for a little while.
Well, you tell that to an emotional 17-18 year old at the height of USSR propaganda and strenght. Duh, if not 99,9% of those young emotional commies regret it with every fiber of their being. Fleeing has more to do with that situation at that time. Would you like to stay in prison and perhaps be executed? Tortured? Or use family wealth to bribe and flee. Nobody is defending communism here. But don't make it look like a poverty migrant. It's very hard to leave behind a GOOD life in order to perserve your life.

Actually, there were many Iranian communists who went to USSR and East Germany. The problem though, was that USSR was sensitive about security, and if you had no strong activity history in Tudeh Party(Iranian Communist Party), you could have thrown yourself into a trouble.

Actually, there were many Iranian communists who went to USSR and East Germany. The problem though, was that USSR was sensitive about security, and if you had no strong activity history in Tudeh Party(Iranian Communist Party), you could have thrown yourself into a trouble.

Tell me about it. My dad wanted to go to Poland:D Thank god THAT didn't happen. Silly idealists back then. Anyway, that's all in the past.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom