What's new

Amitabh Bachchan in legaltrouble over Quran remark

You can't be educated and believe in fairytales, period.

I think you can believe. That's why its called faith and not science.

But the point is not raising a hue and cry for these kind of silly things and knowing where faith ends and facts start.

And I defend the guy's right to go to court which is guarenteed in the constitution and I also support the court's decision to reject it (i think it has been rejected..not sure).

I agree. Looking at comments of Indian members here on this thread is outright disgusting, its full of hatred against Muslims.
No one hates Muslim. We respect them for their work and their contribution to society. If they get educated, they get what they deserve. If they are good businessmen, their shops are filled with non-Muslims. Hell, we don't even think if the shop owner is Hindu or Muslim. We don't care if Auto-rickshaw driver is Hindu or Muslim or even Dalit.

Thing is people have been asking about 1.2 billion people living in a nation with 150 million Muslims, and people are judging Indian Muslim's state by few isolated cases.

There is thread running on issue of beard of Indian Muslim.

@Oscar I ask you too. Tell me how relevant is this topic about discussing a beard of Indian Muslim on this forum. Its outright idiotic.

An Indian Muslim actor said that he feels bad when Some politicians doubt his patriotism. Now these politicians will do anything for votes. Its been discussed for two days on this forum. Have you ever wondered that that actor is Biggest Movie Star in this country in over 900 million Hindus.

APJ Abdul Kalam is one of the most revered person among students in school and colleges.

Look at all Muslim countries and India. Aren't Muslim safe in India compared to many of the Muslim countries in the world.

Of course there are problems every now and then in our country. But we have problem much severe among Hindus, problem based on caste.

I ask you guys one thing, What does Secularism means to you ?

I want to know what's your definition of Secularism and your POV because its clear you don't accept Indian version of Secularism.

Just other day, a poster was trying to tell me whether Shahrukh Khan is Muslim or not ? Now do we have to take certificate for who is Muslim or not because clearly 150 million Muslim don't have problem with it in India.

So I ask you guys, get over from this discussion on state of Indian Muslims. Clearly people just see bad thing that happens but ignore the general and normal state of Muslims in India.

@Bang Galore You are right buddy. I didn't think Oscar and NE will question secularism in India based on Amitabh Bacchan, Shahrukh Khan etc.

They are making same generalization that they hate. When Pakistanis or Muslims are generalized because of few violent acts of Muslims.

Come on guys, be rational. Stop this game of proving that Indian Muslim are living a bad life than in comparison to your or other country.

Last edited by a moderator:
The "secularism" really is confined to the courts and institution of India.. The members here are proof that it has no place in actual Indian society.

Coming from you @Oscar, that generalised statement is amusing.
Secularism means that every individual is free to hold his beliefs "within his heart and his home". What his neighbor thinks "within his heart and his home" is no business of his; like-wise what he thinks "within his heart and his home" is no business of his neighbor.

Maybe you are unfamiliar with the very basis of Secularism.

Now that this plaint has been filed in a Court of Law in Secular India; it will be heard, dealt with and disposed off.

Neither the Plaintiff nor the Respondent will be murdered; there will be no Taseer or Quadri.

@Oscar just track this case and see its outcome.

KBC: Court pulls Amitabh Bachchan out from legal web

Lucknow: In a major relief for Bollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan, a Uttar Pradesh court has dismissed a review petition filed against Big B, who was accused of insulting Quran at Kaun Banega Crorepati 5 last year.

On September 28, 2011, Amitabh as show host had asked a Fastest Finger First participant to organise Bible, Gurugranth Sahib, Quran and Ved in the sequence of their compilation.

Jhansi resident Mudassar Ullah Khan had objected to the KBC question, saying 'the holy Quran was not compiled'. An angry Khan had filed a petition in the court of District and Sessions judge, seeking action against Amitabh and show organisers.

The court had on May 21 rejected the plea of Khan, who later filed a review in the district court.

Khan, in his review, had said: "Quran is heavenly and not human. It was sent directly from heaven... It wasn't compiled by human. Quran also states this. Amitabh has hurt Muslim sentiments by saying our holy book is compiled."

KBC: Court pulls Amitabh Bachchan out from legal web - daily.bhaskar.com

On September 28, 2011, Amitabh as show host had asked a Fastest Finger First participant to organise Bible, Gurugranth Sahib, Quran and Ved in the sequence of their compilation.

Oh he was asking the order of compilation ? Then the guy's petition was even more ridiculous even if he was entitled to it.

World knows Vedas earlier than Bible earlier than Kuran earlier than SGGS unless one wants to believe that Islam was there from start and rest all have diverted from the truth.

@Bang Galore Have you watched the documentary named "In the name of God" ? Based on BJP's Rath Yatra and what was actual belief of the villages near Ram Janmbhoomi.

People should watch it. There Hindus and Muslims speak together that they live peacefully and they are worried that these outsiders coming to Ayodhya may cause trouble.

@Bang Galore Have you watched the documentary named "In the name of God" ? Based on BJP's Rath Yatra and what was actual belief of the villages near Ram Janmbhoomi.

People should watch it. There Hindus and Muslims speak together that they live peacefully and they are worried that these outsiders coming to Ayodhya may cause trouble.

I have seen it and I dont agree with many of the things presented or to put it correctly - the version of it presented. And many things have been omitted from it too. Ayodhya movement was more of a socio-politico-religious movement that a pure religious movement But separate topic, separate thread.

@ OP.. where is the trouble.. as you candidly added in title?

@KRAIT;
Earlier on this thread- in a reply to Kaniska, I said:

Its not so difficult or confusing really. You don't need to be Leftist or Rightist to be able to live with your neighbor. You can live with your ideas about anything just as he can live with his ideas about anything at all; just so long as you dont push it on each other and just keep it to yourselves when you don't agree. And if both you and your neighbor are vigilant and intelligent to think for yourselves and not allow any third person viz. the politician to tell you how to think or act; then both of you will do just fine.

Actually you and your neighbor will then be able to tell the politician: "Hey, GTFO of here; we will run our own lives- just fcuk off!"

That is not too hard, even for a person of average intelligence. :)
Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/centra...rouble-over-quran-remark-2.html#ixzz2JBLNU9h4

Exactly the same thing applies to the people in and around Ayodhya (or anywhere else for that matter). If we have Faith in ourselves (apart from Faith in God) there is just no place for any third person to meddle about with.

Incidentally Faith is just between Man and his Maker (call him God if you will). That should be the strongest and most unshakeable bond that there is. Alas, around me; I see that it is so fragile that all and sundry have to run about to reaffirm it or repair it.

@Capt.Popeye

When Shami Ahmed was picked for Indian Cricket team, no one opposed because he is Muslim.

No one opened a thread on an Indian Muslim getting into playing 11 of a game that is loved in this sub-continent.

In India even Muslims can become powerful and influential Gangsters if they are talented, of course its not a good thing. :D

@Capt.Popeye

When Shami Ahmed was picked for Indian Cricket team, no one opposed because he is Muslim.

No one opened a thread on an Indian Muslim getting into playing 11 of a game that is loved in this sub-continent.

In India even Muslims can become powerful and influential Gangsters if they are talented, of course its not a good thing. :D

I did not track any of those news for the reasons that you speak of.
According to me:
1. a suitable cricketer qualified for selection made it into the team.
2. organised crime is a menace that needs to be controlled and eradicated.

Now @KRAIT, don't go and dig up news on Parsi, Sikh, Buddhist, Christian, Jewish, Muslim and Hindu members among the Naxalite gun-toting gangs! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom