What's new

American thumbs down for Pakistan

Naw, we don't disagree. Pakistan showed some guts and took it as far as they could. If it was 24 American soldiers, I would have demanded as much. Now let's move on, we apologised, not sure why it wasn't sooner. (I'm sure there must have been a reason) Hopefully the Pakistani Army will show as much guts in confronting those who would fragment your nation.

@Juice, It is fellow Americans like who make me proud to be an American. I know you have a decent heart throbbing in your chest. God Bless you for that.

This is so ridiculous.......even more worst than a shame from a person sitting in USA........I never thought that a normal American can have such kinda hate for other religions thats totally un-American......I guess U not American.......U shold takeoff ure American flags from ure name.....:smokin:

Dang it, am I so unfamiliar with Asian thinking? I was using an old English form of arguement called hyperbole...I am not saying we should burn Korans...i am making a point about assuming that my dislike of a certain action put me to the fringe of that opinion.

@Juice, It is fellow Americans like who make me proud to be an American. I know you have a decent heart throbbing in your chest. God Bless you for that.

You know what is strange/ Your statement made me very happy. Thank you for that.

You know what is strange/ Your statement made me very happy. Thank you for that.

I teach at Liberal Arts College in New York. You so remind me of my adorable students. Every single one of them knows I originate from Pakistan and yet they are so fair, kind and respectful towards me. I live in a city that was so horrifically attacked on 9/11 and yet I see no hatred in my City. Love my City and love my Country ( God Bless America ).

You do realize that this is the same argument used by the 9/11 terrorists? That the financiers of the American war machine hide themselves in urban corporate offices.

The American (and, to some extent, global) culture has been damaged badly by the post-9/11 narrative. Slowly, American society is starting to recover from the fascist mindset of the post-9/11 era that any dissent from the official narrative is tantamount to unpatriotic treason and supporting terrorists.

Ironically, American liberals are braver and more likely to challenge the US neocon propaganda than Pakistani "liberals" are.

Do you mean to say that then the civilians of any country is liable to be killed because indirectly they all support respective countries' army? you pay tax and so do i, which pays for our countries army. that is lame.
in that case you can justify any killing. no wonder the muslim world is in shambles and hated.

I teach at Liberal Arts College in New York. You so remind me of my adorable students. Every single one of them knows I originate from Pakistan and yet they are so fair, kind and respectful towards me. I live in a city that was so horrifically attacked on 9/11 and yet I see no hatred in my City. Love my City and love my Country ( God Bless America ).
Lol, are your students 46? I am returning to school to teach history. Texas students and NY students are often a different ball game. If you get a chance to come lecture at UT, take the chance, we need some outside viewpoints.

Do you mean to say that then the civilians of any country is liable to be killed because indirectly they all support respective countries' army? you pay tax and so do i, which pays for our countries army. that is lame.
in that case you can justify any killing. no wonder the muslim world is in shambles and hated.

You missed the whole point that, when you justify the killing of innocents, then the other side will do the same.

Lol, are your students 46? I am returning to school to teach history. Texas students and NY students are often a different ball game. If you get a chance to come lecture at UT, take the chance, we need some outside viewpoints.

Frankly, I had erroneously figured you to be much younger. My students tend to be 20 something, lol.

As for Texas, I am reminded of an old Tourism Ad which use to say " Texas, it is a whole other country " and you will get no argument from me on that score, lol.

Besides, as the signs on Highway I-45 use to say " Don't Mess with Texas " and I certainly pay heed to that advice.

UT-Austin is of course a cultural oasis in the rugged Texas. Austin is a town which always a joy to visit, anytime.

So you are a fellow academic. I am not surprised because I did feel a "Kindred Spirit " in you. Cheers...

Frankly, I had erroneously figured you to be much younger. My students tend to be 20 something, lol.

As for Texas, I am reminded of an old Tourism Ad which use to say " Texas, it is a whole other country " and you will get no argument from me on that score, lol.

Besides, as the signs on Highway I-45 use to say " Don't Mess with Texas " and I certainly pay heed to that advice.

UT-Austin is of course a cultural oasis in the rugged Texas. Austin is a town which always a joy to visit, anytime.

So you are a fellow academic. I am not surprised because I did feel a "Kindred Spirit " in you. Cheers...
I get that alot, yes, 46. And, yes...I figured you for an acedemic. Never had the pleasure of living in New York (Speaking of a whole other country, and yes, I remember that campaign). I am a military brat, so i am not one who has no idea what the world is like outside of the US (Born in Furth). You wanna know something funny? We had a Pakistani group show up to one of our classes the friday before Ossama was killed...(they were there to promote their culture etc., even the most liberal of our proffs smirked...). I am not kidding, we could use someone without too much bias to help provide balance ( I am in El Paso, we have more soldiers than any where in the US) Exscuse my typing...I can spell well enough ..but type for sh^t. (lol, that's what undergrads are for!)

Cutting heads off? That's not our little trick, that's a Muslim game. We SHOULD try it tho...oh...and I'm gonna cry myself to sleep because some goat-herder stepped on a poorly-painted American flag. (can he even read the signs at the protest? Unlikely!)

you should try it????
havent seen Afghan photos, Iraq Photos???
If you are American you dont have a face to talk to anyone, you have mastered these tricks.

oops sorry I forgot there was an apology from pentagon every time it happened. Its ok buddy your hands are clean now.

Dang it, am I so unfamiliar with Asian thinking? I was using an old English form of arguement called hyperbole...I am not saying we should burn Korans...i am making a point about assuming that my dislike of a certain action put me to the fringe of that opinion.
Okay! Okay! Sorry!!! Mybad........I misUnderstood then, I take my words back.Thanks for correcting me...:)

You missed the whole point that, when you justify the killing of innocents, then the other side will do the same.

in any case, how is it justified to kill 10-12 in hunt of 2-3 Taliban Fighters? and, how long will it continue as over 10 years of WOT has already been passed? around 5000 were scored in 9/11 2001 and since then, they have scored over 20,000 civilians in that region? how long all these will continue? I dont say that scores during 9/11 on US can be justifed in either way and this doesn't mean that other side would also do the same. :disagree: but, why would NATO itself do this?

as I have earlier said, Al Qaeda is based in more than 50 countries and dropping bombs on residential areas in hunt of 2-3 is just not justified as many around those 2-3 may be family members or just visitors? can anyone say that someone is a terrorist just because he was sitting with few militants to listen what they were saying. No, until someone is armed/trained and ready to fight, you just can't drop bombs from sky while it is found that at least 50% of drone strikes are mistakenly dropped due to 'confused' information? remember just a militant with his wife and six children got killed a month before? then, how is it justified to score whole family in hunt of just one man? why the sky people dont understand that the things on ground are always different than what is perceived from sky?

in any case, how is it justified to kill 10-12 in hunt of 2-3 Taliban Fighters? and, how long will it continue as over 10 years of WOT has already been passed? around 5000 were scored in 9/11 2001 and since then, they have scored over 20,000 civilians in that region? how long all these will continue? I dont say that scores during 9/11 on US can be justifed in either way and this doesn't mean that other side would also do the same. :disagree: but, why would NATO itself do this?

as I have earlier said, Al Qaeda is based in more than 50 countries and dropping bombs on residential areas in hunt of 2-3 is just not justified as many around those 2-3 may be family members or just visitors? can anyone say that someone is a terrorist just because he was sitting with few militants to listen what they were saying. No, until someone is armed/trained and ready to fight, you just can't drop bombs from sky while it is found that at least 50% of drone strikes are mistakenly dropped due to 'confused' information? remember just a militant with his wife and six children got killed a month before? then, how is it justified to score whole family in hunt of just one man? why the sky people dont understand that the things on ground are always different than what is perceived from sky?

The answer is that NATO will not publicly acknowledge its real motives behind the drone strikes. It is the same logic that the Israelis use against the Palestinians, and it boils down to collective punishment and terrorism.

Basically, NATO believes that the civilian population of that region is complicit in giving shelter to the terrorists and wants to punish it. Whether that is true or not, and the terrorists are "muscling in" uninvited into these villages is irrelevant to NATO. It essentially wants to terrorize the civilian population to the point where they will "eject" the terrorists from their midst. In that respect, the civilian casualties are not accidental, but an integral part of the strategy.

Back
Top Bottom